No announcement yet.

Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was ascended the entire episode. Orlin didn't know how to ascend, why would Athar? And in Absolute Power Shifu had a solid body when he was ascended (Unless you think a little boy has the power to knock Daniel out and give him a dream )

Comment

Good episode. I hope we'll see them again
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

cna someone post a sumarry of this episode?

related to ascension, oriln was trapped on vorash but was still asended and he still had asended powers. When he de-asended (by choice) to be with Carter, he still retained his powers. Daniel lost it all. Shifu was asended by could de-asended into a corprael form at will (orlin did that too) so my guess is that when u are forced out, you lose it all but you can switch between corpreal and non-corpreal if your asended and if you just give up being asended you still retain the knowledge you had. (or in the case of anubis you werent forced out all the way) cant comment on the ancient in this episode w/o seeing it.

summary?
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

keppiezbt: I dont think he kept his powers. He just kept the knowlegdge

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
            keppiezbt: I dont think he kept his powers. He just kept the knowlegdge
            yeah thats what i said

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

My guess is that the knowledge of ascension is limited to a group of people.

The Others - The ones that know how to ascend, and helped the other Ancients to ascend.

The rest - Ancients, and other people like Skaara, Daniel and so on, who don't know how to ascend.

Oma Desala - The one who figured out how to ascend. Therefore they allow her to operate outside the normal rules.

Anubis - Oma, in her foolishness, taught Anubis how to ascend, she didn't just help him like she did with Daniel. Therefore if the Others would force him to descend he would just ascend again. Therefore the best the Others could do is to have him in a ascend-descend loop, but as long as he doesn't use his powers they leave him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                My guess is that the knowledge of ascension is limited to a group of people.

The Others - The ones that know how to ascend, and helped the other Ancients to ascend.
                The rest - Ancients, and other people like Skaara, Daniel and so on, who don't know how to ascend.
                Oma Desala - The one who figured out how to ascend. Therefore they allow her to operate outside the normal rules.
                who says oma taught everyone to ascend?

my guess is that the ancients, a large majority of them, figured out how to asend and did it to escape the plague, whatever that may have been. they helped other ancients ascend too. in time, some ancients/others decided to help others ascend...ie oma and mike. went around help people asend but never really broke any rules so they couldnt be forced out they were just like outcasts. (hence a possibility as to why orlin knew nothing of her). Those that follow oma seem to be the ones that she helps ascend and are like a seperate group of ancients/others.

People like skaara or daniel know how to ascend once you ascend but i think ordinary people need the help of ascended beings to get up there. (i'm not sure if that is what you meant)

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I sort of agree with you to certain extent but I think all ancients had the knowledge to ascend maybe once few ascended they helped others by showing them the right path. IMO the reason oma is allowed to help others to ascend is either the others don’t want harm another ancient or there are some sympathizers who understand the reasons for oma helping others.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

What I meant is that Oma Desala was the scientist who figured out the last piece of the puzzle how to ascend, therefore she was the first.

The Others are the ones that had access to Omas knowledge, and therefore have power over all the other Ancients who doesn't have the knowledge how to ascend. They just got the help from the Others. Therefore they have no choice but to follow their rules, else they'll get kicked out or banished.

Think of it as any company. You got the CEO (Oma), The major stock-owners(The Others) and the employees(Everyone else ascended)

As for:
                    "People like skaara or daniel know how to ascend once you ascend but i think ordinary people need the help of ascended beings to get up there. (i'm not sure if that is what you meant)"

I say that Daniel and Skaara have no idea whatsoever how to ascend. They were just lucky/earned Omas attention and took the chance when given.

Other Ancients are evolved enough the ascend, they just need the right catalyst(some sort of radiation, a virus(maybe the plauge was a failed attempt towards ascension), a chemical or whatever). However, they dont know WHAT the catalyst is, and therefore they can't ascend without help (Orlin for example)

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      What I meant is that Oma Desala was the scientist who figured out the last piece of the puzzle how to ascend, therefore she was the first.

The Others are the ones that had access to Omas knowledge, and therefore have power over all the other Ancients who doesn't have the knowledge how to ascend. They just got the help from the Others. Therefore they have no choice but to follow their rules, else they'll get kicked out or banished.

Think of it as any company. You got the CEO (Oma), The major stock-owners(The Others) and the employees(Everyone else ascended)
                      There is no evidence that oma was the first to ascend and she was scientist. Secondly the ancients were not power huger that they would let there own kind die if they don't follow there views/rules.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I said "I think" - which means that it's my theory. There's no reason The Others would be so strict towards everyone else BUT Oma. There must be a reason. She IS interfering with human evolution.

The Ancients were not power hungry? Well they wouldn't kill them, but they'd force them to live by their rules, else you'll be banished to the planet you tried to help. Both said in Ascension and Sanctuary.

Comment

i think someone needs to post a summary of this episode lol

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

yeah tell me about it I'm waithing for MM (can't spell her full name).

Comment

Sanctuary Summary:

SGA-1 gets attacked by Wraith Darts in orbit of a planet.
                              "Energy weapon" destroys the Darts
                              SGA-1 goes down on the planet to investigate
                              The population has never heard about the Wraith. Their goddess protects them.
                              SGA-1 talks to the high priestess.
                              SGA-1 want to bring people to the planet.
                              The goddess won't allow it.
                              Sheppard invites the high priestess to Atlantis.
                              High priestess touches a device, it activates.
                              McKay goes Inspector Gadget.
                              Shep and priestess kisses.
                              McKay scans her and guesses she's an Ancient.
                              The priestess says that she is the goddess that's protecting the planet and that she isn't allowed to protect anyone else but the original inhabitants.(She's the energy weapon)

Something like that =)
                              Last edited by aAnubiSs; 30 November 2004, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Was that a weapon? I thought it was that ascended who did the wave.

Comment

Working...
                                X