PDA

View Full Version : In the Really Important News of hair and wardrobe ...

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I'm shallow like this, but I want to know if anyone feels the same. Deal with it. :P

I'm going to get this out of my way first and complain about Carson's hair. It's too flat - I really want my pointy-do back. It's also too dark, and don't give me anything about Paul's hair greying because you can stil dye it without making it look too ridiculously dark. Unless this was for that Star Trek movie or something, which confirms that the Stark Trek people have really bad taste in hairstyling. I can't tell you how much I want to jump into my tv set and shampoo that boy up myself. Also, Beckett is wearing the scientist blue, again, which does not sit right in my book. I mean, can't he have that nummy black t-shirt? Sorry, this is seriously going to bug me for the rest of the episode, and the rest of the recap. Carson shouldn't be wearing blue, and his hair should be pointy. :o

So, point being - did this unnerve anybody else? Did anybody actually like the new 'do? :o

jelgate
July 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Its like the music. Unless its really bad or really good, I just don't notice.

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM

Meh, men never notice the really important things in life;)

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Meh, men never notice the really important things in life;)

Yeah, that's men for you :P

Jumper_One
July 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM

same here ;)

jelgate
July 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Meh, men never notice the really important things in life;)Excuse me while I do the ultimate eyeroll:P

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Excuse me while I do the ultimate eyeroll:P

As long as you have your mascara on go ahead......;)

LoneStar1836
July 24th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I didn't care for the hair and noticed it right away. Didn't notice the shirt and don't really care about the color, unless it were like neon pink or something :D, but a black t would have been quite yummy....

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 12:09 PM
It is nice to know I am not the only one, LoneStar. I thought he looked really nice in the Hazmat suit though. We don't call it "Hazmat Hotness" for nothing ... :)

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
It is nice to know I am not the only one, LoneStar. I thought he looked really nice in the Hazmat suit though. We don't call it "Hazmat Hotness" for nothing ... :)

Yeah I prefer the old look to, but honestly I was so glad to see him he could have been wearing a brown bag and it wouldn't matter

jelgate
July 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
As long as you have your mascara on go ahead......;)Of course, I have to look nice for the ladies.

*looks around*

Maybe next thread:P

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah I prefer the old look to, but honestly I was so glad to see him he could have been wearing a brown bag and it wouldn't matter

Yeah, guess so. But it irked me! (And if you notice, his hair was fine until Keller gave him that shot in the neck. Hmm.)

Of course, I have to look nice for the ladies.

jel likes ladies? :P

FallenAngelII
July 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
The makeup has got to go. He looked 5-10 years younger in his first scene than when he got frozen. I didn't know the stasis chambers were spas in disguise.

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
The makeup has got to go. He looked 5-10 years younger in his first scene than when he got frozen. I didn't know the stasis chambers were spas in disguise.

Well there has to be a reason the ancients are so fond of them....they seem to jump into them every five minutes

FallenAngelII
July 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
The make-up job was what ruined it for me. He looked younger than when he got frozen. I didn't know the stasis chamber was a spa in disguise!

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM
The make-up job was what ruined it for me. He looked younger than when he got frozen. I didn't know the stasis chamber was a spa in disguise!

If that is so, I think he looks much more attractive at his present (real) age. The makeup really ruined it for me, too. I hate that they are attempting to make him look younger, if they are.

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM

Same here.

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Same here.

As I said men........I wonder if they'd notice if the female team all decided to wear their swimsuits?:p

Jumper_One
July 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
As I said men........I wonder if they'd notice if the female team all decided to wear their swimsuits?:p

that'd be a great ep imo :D

Arica15
July 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
that'd be a great ep imo :D

Ahha! So some things about costume you notice!

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM

And the problem with that would be?;)

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
And the problem with that would be?;)

I am sure even you would admit it is impractical.

Jumper_One
July 24th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Ahha! So some things about costume you notice!

yup. some... :D

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am sure even you would admit it is impractical.

Of course it would make about as much sense as David Hasslehoff appearing in a Spongebob movie..........wait that happened.:mckay:;)

FallenAngelII
July 24th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hey, hey. Heterosexual men. I noticed it.

miniglik
July 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
His hair was horrible.

I didn't notice the shirt, but the hair and makeup make him look like a little plastic doll.

On the bright side, Jason's wig didn't look as terrible this week.

Hey, hey. Heterosexual men. I noticed it.

Eep! I had your gender wrong. I hate having genders wrong. Sorry if I called you "she"

FallenAngelII
July 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Eep! I had your gender wrong. I hate having genders wrong. Sorry if I called you "she"
What the... it's at least understandable when I nick Yuna. What makes me seem like a female on Gateworld? Is it the *****iness?

miniglik
July 24th, 2008, 04:57 PM
What the... it's at least understandable when I nick Yuna. What makes me seem like a female on Gateworld? Is it the *****iness?

Ha. No, not bleepiness. :) It's probably the amount of fangirls I know on LJ with that exact icon (the secret signal of gay).

GateofDOOM
July 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
If that is so, I think he looks much more attractive at his present (real) age. The makeup really ruined it for me, too. I hate that they are attempting to make him look younger, if they are.

LOL. I thought he looked older!! And I was thinking that it was clever that they made him look older because of the chromosome-telomeres thing.

Er, now I guess I have to go back and watch it again.

Reiko
July 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
LOL. I thought he looked older!! And I was thinking that it was clever that they made him look older because of the chromosome-telomeres thing.

For a second there my brain combined "chromosone-telomeres", so it read "because of the testosterone thing" :D

Well, I always thought it was the intention to make him look younger, especially with all the dark hair-dyeing.

CazzBlade
July 25th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Yeah, the hair was... um... :S

IIRC JM even mentioned that they had to do something about it for his later episodes.

grime
July 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
very much agreed re: carson's hair. how lame!
he had great hair back in the day. somwhere between the awesomeness of ronon's dreads and the inexplicable madness of shep's.

the real hair issue here is ronon though, they NEED to get that wig OFF of his head.

SGLAB
July 25th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, guess so. But it irked me! (And if you notice, his hair was fine until Keller gave him that shot in the neck. Hmm.)

And here I was wondering if Keller had a cure for that bad hair. Now I realize it may be her fault. :eek: :D

I was thinking the same thing about that light blue shirt when he was in that s4 ep. Black t-shirt is really the only way to go. ;)