Plothole in the seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plothole in the seed

Why don't hive ships attack the team with tentacles when they get on them every other episode?

Originally posted by CptOats View Post
    Why don't hive ships attack the team with tentacles when they get on them every other episode?
    Because by the point it's a ship there arent any tentacles.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

when they go in the hives there is still tentacles like the places they hold prisoners

Comment

IIRC the consciousness is only needed whilst the ship is growing, once the ship is completed they probably stop it from having a mind of its own, could be problematic.

Comment

yeah but the ship is still alive cause it has to regenerate damage so couldn't the driver just tell it to scoop up any humans in the tentacles?

Comment

Plants are alive and regrow, but you can't tell them things.

Comment

i thought it was a ship not a plant

Comment

jenks' post was an analogy.

Comment

I don't even think Hives need humans. For one thing, why would it need a human carrier if it doesn't sustain itself on human tissue but sources of raw energy? After all, Jennifer didn't lose any internal organs or body parts, it just grew out of her... using electricity (or whatever it is they use in Atlantis).

Under normal conditions, it doesn't need someone to share its mind to help it differentiate friend from foe.

It just jumped into Jennifer because its containment vessel broke and it was dying or felt that there wasn't enough energy to help it grow or whatever and thought it best to find a carrier.

That or Michael might have been experimenting on a new kind of Hive ship.

Comment

There's a possibility that what we saw in "The Seed" was a modified version of what the Wraith use to make their ships given Michael's affinity for tinkering with things.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                    X