No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh! Recycling the glowing bugs from Prodigy? Not smooth. Kinda like reusing ex-SG1 characters, only people actually remember them… but that really was a tiny issue when you think about how fabulous this episode was. Again, Sheppard was the one-man-army. I loved how he was rolling around in dirt and getting shot at... the scene reminded me of a desert war movie or something.

Great to see some character development for McKay… I like that they’re not rushing into anything with him. He’s still such an arrogant geek, I don’t want him to lose that. Did you see those sparks fly between McKay and Sheppard on the Wraith ship? Er… completely heterosexual sparks of course. Those two just have a great dynamic.

So Ford was in the episode for about thirty seconds. Weir came in close second with twenty five, and Teyla… I believe she had a line in there somewhere. I missed them in this ep, where’s the team? The two sacrificial scientists were necessary to the plot, but they just weren’t as interesting. That Wraith was damn scary though. Interesting that they're harder to kill after they’ve just eaten…

Anyway, this episode definitely had an amazing ‘look’ to it. I didn’t notice any obvious plot holes (not that I was looking hard) and they had a really great mix of suspense/humor in the script… I just really enjoyed every minute.
    Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
      Wasn't much of Ford, but ARMS OMG. *dies*
      Oh yeah, go for the arms. It's all about the arms with you isn't it?

What about Greg! THINK OF GREG DAMNIT!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
        Oh yeah, go for the arms. It's all about the arms with you isn't it?

What about Greg! THINK OF GREG DAMNIT!
        what was the guys real(character) name(the guy that killed himself)
        MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
        I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Chlex
          Oooh! Recycling the glowing bugs from Prodigy? Not smooth. Kinda like reusing ex-SG1 characters, only people actually remember them…
          They aren't recycling them... Really.

It's not like they're completely different. We get to find out more about them. Seems like they just weren't on that moon. They're in the Pegasus galaxy too so they must have some sort of significance... I hope.

They're cool anyways, so don't diss them

Now I noticed Nyan right off the bat lol. Seems like he's a little chubbier than we last saw him.

I have a theory. Nyan (after he came to Earth), changed his name and lived among the people for a few years, discovered his nack for science, sneaked aboard the Atlantis expedition, and POOF! There he is getting motion sickness and getting the life sucked out of him and such...

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
            what was the guys real(character) name(the guy that killed himself)
            ... Very-Pissed-Off-10,000-Year-Old-Cannibal-Wraith-That-Just-Can't-Get-A-Break-And-Probably-Now-Doesn't-Like-Energy-Bars I'm guessing.

Never gave him a name.

My mom gave him the name Greg lol. Gotta love my mom lol.

Edit: Ah! You were talking about Nyan! Richard Cox.

You replied to my comment about Greg so I assumed that were talking about him...

Comment

As for the gun part, "Greg" couldn't have shot himself. He grabbed the 9mm pack, looked inside, took one 9mm handgun out, threw it on the floor.

After having been hit by Sheppard's P90, he fell with his hand next to the 9mm. He takes it, then aims (quite well, might I add) at Sheppard, shooting and missing, until he hits Shep. in the arm.
              Guns ARE hard to handle. For someone who doesn't know anything about terran technology, he learned QUITE fast how to use a handgun accurately.

As for Weir, Teyla, and Ford... Well, this WASN'T their episode. The episode was made to develop Sheppard and McKay. And I must say, it was very well done. McKay's arrogance was shot down by the constant waiting in the supply ship. Not to mention, his arrogance was thrown aside when he faced "Greg" one on one.

Go McKay!
              Enter my game site...

Comment

I 'twas only kidding about the gun scene

Maybe they could add in another scene where he does shoot himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  I 'twas only kidding about the gun scene

Maybe they could add in another scene where he does shoot himself.
                  That would be preferable, seeing as how "Greg" takes it out so clumsily, without any visible knowlege of how to hold the thing (he holds it by the connection between the barrel and the handle, from the top).

All of a sudden, he just seemed to analyse the gun, take it into one hand and start shooting with it. Though, I think it was good to show he doesn't know that the guns have limited physical ammo (clips).
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

I think this has just become my fave episode of the season (so far, anyway). McKay and Sheppard are my two fave 'main cast' characters, and this was such a great episode to see these characters develop. I loved how not-Nyan (took me about half the episode to figure out why he looked so familiar!) realized how much McKay has changed; that he did want to go out there and fight. How different from the geeky arrogant scientist we met on Stargate SG-1!

Comment

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!

MCKAY AND SHEPPARD ARE SOOO COOL! I love them both so much, especially together!!

And I loved that they brought the bugs into it!! It could suggest something very intersting about them....maybe they'll become more important later!!!

Comment

i really enjoyed this episode. the explosion at the end could have been better.

i was wondering though, how did ford and teyla know they were going to a desert planet (desert camo gear). i reckon it could've been from the ancients archive.

Comment

THAT'S WAT I WAS THINKING!!!

Great minds think alike

Comment

I like "Greg". Let's go with Greg.

I was actually kinda hoping that it was Nyan, and they were finally clearing up the problem of where he's been for the past 5 years, but it wasn't.

And the glowy things. I'm willing to go with them being related to the Prodigy glow-bugs, not just a rehash.

Anyway, Greg was very cool. The fights between Sheppard and him were well put together. I don't think he worked out the gun to quickly. Guns are obvious. He didn't know what it was at first, but then he saw Sheppard firing a bigger one at him and thought 'Hmm...'. The trigger part should be a give-away too.

McKay was his excellent self again. I was so happy when he showed up, and really felt for him when Nyan (I'm gonna call him that) killed himself. He acted that scene very well.

Speaking of acting, young Lieutenant Ford was a bit over-enthusiastic with his first line to Weir. It was terrible. He sounded so urgent, yet Weir was so calm. And so what if Weir wasn't in it all the time, when it's an "out in the field" episode she's the Hammond character, and Hammond sometimes only showed up once of twice during an episode.

It was poor Teyla who got to do nothing this time around.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Just a comment on handguns.

I'm an expert shot with a rifle (not being self important, I have the certificates to prove it). I have trouble hitting the board side of a barn with a handgun and I know how to shoot them. They are hard weapons to be accurate with and require a fair bit of training to understand. Even when you do know where your hand goes and that you are supposed to pull a trigger.

Question. Did anyone see Greg flip a safety? Was this thing supposedly stored with the safety off?

Comment

Yay! Greg!

(Thank my mom for that name lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X