This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was the Asgard in all of that?

Did Baal make a deal with them? Did he wiped them out.

Why didn't the Asgard do something when Baal started to conquer his rivals.

I mean Baal still had some Asgard tech.

Beaming and Hologram tech. Did he offer them antireplicator technology in exchange for those.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post

Beaming and Hologram tech. Did he offer them antireplicator technology in exchange for those.
    Actually I think they were too busy with Replicators...
    They didn't even trap them in that time-trap...

Comment

Or the Asgard could have already killed themself.. after all.. in that timeline they never meet jack and didn't get a new hop of surviving

Comment

Did the Asgard interfere when Ra became Supreme System Lord? Did they infere when Apophis took over? Did they interfere when Sokar took over?

Ba'al was a much more "benevolent" Goa'uld than his fellow System Lords. He didn't kill for pleasure. The Asgard had no reason to attack Ba'al when he treats humans much more humanely than his conquered fellow Goa'uld.

Not in the alternate timeline.

Beaming and Hologram tech.
        It has never been stated that the Asgard are the only ones with Hologram technology. Anubis used it at the end of season 7, for example, far earlier than when Ba'al started stealing Asgard technology.

Did he offer them antireplicator technology in exchange for those.
        Since when does Ba'al possess the blueprints for such weapons?

Comment

The replicators probably destroyed the Asgard. They probably made it to Othalla and destroyed it. Without SG-1, the Asgard never used Carter's "dumb" tactics, and never found Reese by which the Asgard sent the Replicators to Halla. Without Reese, the Replicators never created human form replicators. And, even if they came to the MW, Baal knew how to program the Dakara device to destroy the Replicators.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            And, even if they came to the MW, Baal knew how to program the Dakara device to destroy the Replicators.
            No he doesn't. Or at least we cannot be sure of that. He wasn't actually there when Sam reprogrammed it. He just helped with a macro to dial all gates in the Milky Way simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              Did the Asgard interfere when Ra became Supreme System Lord? Did they infere when Apophis took over? Did they interfere when Sokar took over?
              Apophis didn't take over. He had command of Sokar's armies. He didn't command the armies of all the System Lords and all the Goauld.

Ba'al was a much more "benevolent" Goa'uld than his fellow System Lords. He didn't kill for pleasure. The Asgard had no reason to attack Ba'al when he treats humans much more humanely than his conquered fellow Goa'uld.
              Baal is the guy who destroyed the inhabitants of two star systems before he lost it to Sokar in a territorial dispute as Jackson said in the Summit.

It has never been stated that the Asgard are the only ones with Hologram technology. Anubis used it at the end of season 7, for example, far earlier than when Ba'al started stealing Asgard technology.
              As explained in Redemption. Anubis probably stole it from the Thor after he captured him, in season 5 or 6 I think. Anubis captured it and Baal captured Anubis tech.

Since when does Ba'al possess the blueprints for such weapons?
              The Dakara super weapon.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

No he doesn't. Or at least we cannot be sure of that. He wasn't actually there when Sam reprogrammed it. He just helped with a macro to dial all gates in the Milky Way simultaneously.
                Regardless, the point is, the Replicators probably destroyed the Asgard.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Apophis didn't take over. He had command of Sokar's armies. He didn't command the armies of all the System Lords and all the Goauld.
                  I said Apophis took over the armies of the other System Lords when? Ra didn't command the armies of the other System Lords either. He was just Supreme System Lord. When he died, Apophis took over and became the strongest System Lord. Then came Sokar. Then Anubis returned.

And the Asgard sat on their grey little butts the whole time.

Baal is the guy who destroyed the inhabitants of two star systems before he lost it to Sokar in a territorial dispute as Jackson said in the Summit.
                  Yes, but those people most probably weren't under the protected planets treaty whatever, now were they? And he's still not an idiot. He's pragmatic. And he's, you know, changed a little bit over the past few years (who knows how long ago that was).

He doesn't kill for pure pleasure or randomly (like the other Goa'uld seem to enjoy). He doesn't whip his workers to death if they make a mistake. He's not benevolent, but he's not an idiot.

BTW, that power struggle thing, it was him destroying two of Sokar's fleets with only two Ha'taks by supernovaing two suns. It made Sokar consider fighting Ba'al too costly and thus Ba'al won. It's like the U.S. nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

As explained in Redemption. Anubis probably stole it from the Thor after he captured him, in season 5 or 6 I think. Anubis captured it and Baal captured Anubis tech.
                  Touché.

The Dakara super weapon.
                  Since when does he even know how to reprogram it to "kill" Replicators?

Regardless, the point is, the Replicators probably destroyed the Asgard.
                  I was just correcting a faulty statement.
                  Last edited by FallenAngelII; 24 July 2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Personally, I just think they didn't care.

Earth wasn't under the Protected Planets, and why would it matter to the Asgard which of the Goa'uld ruled over the others? It wouldn't. As for the Replicators, it is possible the Asgard were defeated by them, however, Ba'al, knowing about the Replicators would have surely taken steps to make sure they never came about in the first place.

If the Replicators were to exist in his new timeline, Ba'al would eventually suffer because of them. Chances are, he took care of them at some point.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Because it was not neccesary.

No he didn't.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

baal knew how to program the dakara control panel he watched carter and jacob to try reach a number in which they told him to attack the reps alone

the asgard was destroyed long ago, no sg-1 to help them
                        sigpic

Comment

Being killed by the Replicators. The Asgard were only able to defeat the Replicators thanks to SG1. No SG1 means the Replicators would most likely beat the Asgard.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The replicators probably destroyed the Asgard. They probably made it to Othalla and destroyed it. Without SG-1, the Asgard never used Carter's "dumb" tactics, and never found Reese by which the Asgard sent the Replicators to Halla. Without Reese, the Replicators never created human form replicators. And, even if they came to the MW, Baal knew how to program the Dakara device to destroy the Replicators.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. When I was watching Continuum i was wondering where the Asgard were at. They were probably destroyed by the replicators because SG-1 never existed. It would have been nice to see a brief appearance or brief explanation to see what happened to them.

Comment

Working...
                            X