This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warp Gate 0012

Come August 1, I will be releasing to the internet, the first of what I hope to be many screenplays, for a story called Warp Gate 0012. Now, here's the synopsis.

- Synopsis -
    A 2000 foot wide ring is discovered in orbit around Jupiter. When a team of scientists, marines, biologists, and so on, activate it, they are thrown through space, and in turn, deplete the power source of Earth's Warp Gate. Each gate has a cereal number to input, to dig a tunnel through zero space. Earth's number is 0012. Now, the stranded Earthlings join a crew of aliens, trying to avoid the grasp of an alien military, and just trying to get home.
    Now, let's address why I'm doing this. I've realized that I love writing screenplays and teleplays. So, I'm doing this to try and get noticed by someone.
    Now, a screenplay is not a novel.

- Novel -
    Caldwell stepped onto the bridge, hungry for food.
    "Who's stolen my golden potatoes?!" he yells.

- Screenplay (not very good format) -
    INT. DAEDALUS - BRIDGE
    Caldwell steps onto the bridge, hungry for food.

CALDWELL
    Who's stolen my golden potatoes?!

I'll release the first one, a nineteen page screenplay, on my website, http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
    Keep an eye out, on August 1, 2008.
    All of My Written Works
    Books I'm Reading:
    The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton)
    2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)

"Cereal number"?

Comment

i think he means serial number

is it going to be Stargate based or original?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
        "Cereal number"?
        I think they find out what the number is by sending away 20 bar codes to Kellogs.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          I think they find out what the number is by sending away 20 bar codes to Kellogs.
          I'll bet there's Froot Loops involved somewhere.

Comment

I'll check this out, just out of curiosity.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's a nice concept but it sounds very familiar. I'm not saying its inspiration is driven from stargate, but it does sound like it is taking things from various different scifi hits. Out of interest though, I may check this out.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                It's a nice concept but it sounds very familiar. I'm not saying its inspiration is driven from stargate, but it does sound like it is taking things from various different scifi hits. Out of interest though, I may check this out.
                discovering some sort of FTL device is an old mcguffin, not originally from stargate. it possibly sounds more like the premise of the forever war.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X