Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprica TV Promo from SciFi.com

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=57977

Looks very different from BSG. It should be awesome though. I'll give it a watch when it comes out.

Plus I saw boobs in the trailer.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Remember Caprica was already binned - TWICE

First as a show from Remi Aubuchon who wanted to mix a drama of Summerland with a modernized production of Trip to the Moon in scifi style, it would deal with issues like slavery etc.
      The scifi channel didn't like it and binned it

During 2005 and 2006, Skiffy had a big hit with Battlestar with S1-S2,
      but the show Battlestar series started to stumble and the fans started to walk away
      Months later "Caprica" was quickly pitched, it was to feature back story on the Battlestar cylon homeworld and episodes on how the chrome toasters were created by man. Skiffy didn't like it, they didn't want to support a spin off from declining BSG ratings and they didn't think fans would tune into a story more closely linked to the original Glen Larson mythology on chrome toasters
      So once again it was binned

After the writers strike, Skiffy and other tv networks faced a barron wasteland of empty scripts and forgotten productions. So rather than face more fallout from the WGA strike they resurrected two projects and combined them into one
      Season 4 of Galactica was also re-tuned a little to better fit into Remi Aubuchon's world

What we have now is a Frankensteinish half-breed of both shows
      we have a Remi Aubuchon series loosely based on cylon mythology and we have the Caprica chrome toasters from Ronald D. Moore and David Eick's reimagined series who got binned and have been replaced by humanoid sexbots.

Comment

Sci Fi Offers Fans Quirky, Quality Options
        http://www.redorbit.com/news/enterta...ality_options/
        One movie that could jump straight to series. "Caprica" is set 51 years before the Cylon takeover on "Battlestar Galactica," with Esai Morales as the father of William Adama, who becomes the "Battlestar" commander. Remi Auchubon, a key writer-producer for both shows, calls the new one "a series about our lack of control of technology."

CCI: Battlestar Galactica
        http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17525

Comment

That looks like it'll be a lot different from BSG.. But still, wow. Looks great!

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

It looks different from Battlestar....and intriguing enough to survive on its own merits.

Comment

it looks rubish, but i will give it a go and see what its like
              sigpic

Comment

Rubbish? Because there are not spaceships shooting at eachother?

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                  it looks rubish, but i will give it a go and see what its like
                  Well, it doesn´t look Battlestar Galactica till you hear Adama, if that´s your approach. It´s a different story. I don´t want it to be as SGA was for SG1.....not enough new ideas for 2 tooo similar shows.

Comment

I'm wondering how it'll fit into continuity of the BSG Universe.

They create a Human-form Cylon/ Gynoid? Only to regress into Old Style Centurions before re-advancing into Human-Forms again?

(That reminds me of Reese & the Replicators actually )

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                      Rubbish? Because there are not spaceships shooting at eachother?
                      That's what made BSG good. The trailer looks to me like they took everything good about BSG and cut it. By watching that trailer there's nothing to indicate it's a sci fi show. It plays like a primetime network drama.

At the very least they're gonna have to show some actual Cylons (chrome not human) if they wanna grab peoples' attention.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        That's what made BSG good. The trailer looks to me like they took everything good about BSG and cut it. By watching that trailer there's nothing to indicate it's a sci fi show. It plays like a primetime network drama.

At the very least they're gonna have to show some actual Cylons (chrome not human) if they wanna grab peoples' attention.
                        It looks like a soap opera (Eastenders style), I will give it a chance tho.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a chance, did they say it would be a made of tv movie and then if that was a hit the series would get the green light (like bsg did)?

I'm a fan of Esai Morales (Joseph Adama) his performance on Jericho was really good. Though I'm not at all a fan of Eric Stoltz (Daniel Graystone).
                          Actor
                          [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
                            I'll give it a chance, did they say it would be a made of tv movie and then if that was a hit the series would get the green light (like bsg did)?
                            I'm not sure about TV movie, but a two-hour backdoor pilot is scheduled to air later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              I'm wondering how it'll fit into continuity of the BSG Universe.
                              I'm sure that's been taken into consideration mate, given the abnormally (for scifi) continuity quality of BSG.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                              X