Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Williams in Stargate Continumm!!??????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay Williams in Stargate Continumm!!??????????

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929629/

Is this just archived footage from the original movie or is he actually reprising his role as RA?
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Jay williams is not (to my knowledge) the original 'Ra' actor. He did play Ra for the short moments in Moebius.

Besides
    Spoiler:
    In Continuum, Ra is just there for the sake of it. He and Yu don't even get any lines.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Ahh yeah you are right, it was Jaye Davidson who played the original ra, bummer, they should have tried to get him back for the new movie. I knew it was a jay lol
      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

I loved JAye D as the film Ra, it was an excellent portrail and would have loved to see him back.
        sigpic

Comment

I think the only line Ra and Yu got was "Yes my lord", don't really know why they were credited in the opening sequence when they were on screen for like two seconds. Same goes for Major Davis and Walter Harriman. The commander of the submarine had more lines than these, why wasn't he put in the opening title sequence?

Comment

On the last day of shooting the original Stargate movie Jaye Davidson tore off his Ra costume, proclaimed he quit acting, and stormed off the set naked.

He's used his fame to pursue a career in fashion and has worked for some big names.

There is no way you could get him back.

Comment

He didn't like acting anyway, did he? The costumes in Stargate just wound him up even more. That said, I love the character of Ra and am greatly disappointed they would show Ra in this film, without the facemask and give him nothing to do.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by teen View Post
                On the last day of shooting the original Stargate movie Jaye Davidson tore off his Ra costume, proclaimed he quit acting, and stormed off the set naked.

He's used his fame to pursue a career in fashion and has worked for some big names.

Yeah, I knew there was no chance of him coming back, it just would have been nice is all.

However whilst I'm dreaming can I have a gold plated pony and a flying car please.
                sigpic

Comment

On the last day of shooting the original Stargate movie Jaye Davidson tore off his Ra costume, proclaimed he quit acting, and stormed off the set naked. *snipped*

There's no way that happened for real.
                  1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

I dont quite understand what his problem was, why did he hate acting so bad? And if that was the case how the hell did he get the lead role for the bad guy in the movie?
                    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      I dont quite understand what his problem was, why did he hate acting so bad? And if that was the case how the hell did he get the lead role for the bad guy in the movie?
                      IMDB says that he demanded $1 million for his role in Stargate. He thought it would be refused. Imagine his shock when it was accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                        IMDB says that he demanded $1 million for his role in Stargate. He thought it would be refused. Imagine his shock when it was accepted.
                        I still dont get it, does this guy have serious issues or something? if he got paid that much for his 1st big movie, why not pursue a carreer in acting? What made TPTB choose him for the role in the 1st palce, any idea?
                        SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Maybe he just found he didn't like acting! He's more interested in the modeling side of the business. As has been said according to IMDB he wasn't that interested in doing the film and thought be demanding such a high fee the producers would drop him, when they said they would meet his fee he'd have to have been silly not to do it for that money.

Maybe TPTB chose him because he was nominated(Won?) an oscar for his first film.

Check out his facts on IMDB
                          sigpic

Comment

lol, I thought it was a joke, but it looks like the guy was really crazy! haha

Comment

Working...
                            X