This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ba'al's Flagship

I should start with apologising if this has already been brought up anywhere.. I can't see a thread about it, so unless it is within another thread somewhere, I figure it is ok to start this one.

It is no secret that in Continuum, Ba'al was using the same ship model that Apophis was using throughout the mid-stages of SG-1. Now, many state that he had that exact ship because the writers were too lazy to create another nice new design for a single movie. Whilst that is most probably the case, I've thought up a 'Stargate' reason.

That being: Ba'al captured it from Apophis. A ship of that magnitude would have had to be built over a period of time, therefore, I've no doubt it would have been 'In production' when Apophis was still using the standard Ha'tak. On that note, Ba'al (or rather, timetravelling Ba'al) would have known about this.

Is it not possible that Ba'al found the location of the build, went there, stole it from Apophis, and then took him as prisoner? - This would explain why Ba'al has Apophis' ship, and it would explain why Apophis was a prisoner of Ba'al.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

You mean this one? I thought it looked like the one Anubis used in his quest for universe domination...Apophis did have indeed a feisty black one when he was considered a huge threat to the MW, but the replicators took care of him .

Comment

Dammit!!! Got Anubis and Apophis mixed up now. Jeez. Ok, erm... Ba'al found out about Anubis' flagship, stole the ship, and Apophis was on it at the time (trying to steal it from Anubis)..

So, in essence, Apophis stole it from Anubis, and Ba'al stole it from Apophis.
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
        Dammit!!! Got Anubis and Apophis mixed up now. Jeez. Ok, erm... Ba'al found out about Anubis' flagship, stole the ship, and Apophis was on it at the time (trying to steal it from Anubis)..

So, in essence, Apophis stole it from Anubis, and Ba'al stole it from Apophis.
        ...or he stole it from Anubis before Apophis wanted to steal it from Anubis .

Comment

Would of been cool if they used the ship from Upgrades. Looked cool

Go Green

Comment

its all posible he already had the plans to biuld anubis ship or that he went further back in time and killed anubis before anubis met oma
            sigpic

Comment

I suspect it was Sokhars design. Apophis only started construction after he took over Sokhars empire. It might have been Sokhars flagship for the war. If Baal had just taken the ship from Apophis it would have had more damage.

My question is why did it seem silver?
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                Is it not possible that Ba'al found the location of the build, went there, stole it from Apophis, and then took him as prisoner? - This would explain why Ba'al has Apophis' ship, and it would explain why Apophis was a prisoner of Ba'al.
                Besides it being Anubis' ship, Apophis had just recently been captured.

Anyway, it's been suggested that Anubis didn't actually build his flagship, Ba'al gave it to him. After all, Ba'al was one of Anubis' closest servants.

"Yo, Ba'al, gimme your ship!"
                "Yes master."

Comment

Where was that implied? ^

I don't see why Ba'al of the present didn't just found the plans for the ship, or travel to a time when he could gain the plans and then build his own when he changed the timeline.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Where was that implied? ^
                    It's been suggested as a speculative theory by the fans here on Stargate.

Comment

better idea: he gets back in time, steals the ship, gets back in time with the ship, makes sure the gate isnt found, and goes conquer the others

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        better idea: he gets back in time, steals the ship, gets back in time with the ship, makes sure the gate isnt found, and goes conquer the others
                        The flagship is huge. It doesn't fit through a Stargate. Unless you're suggesting he stole it one piece at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          The flagship is huge. It doesn't fit through a Stargate. Unless you're suggesting he stole it one piece at a time.

...and if he had a Supergate?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            ...and if he had a Supergate?
                            It'd had to have been several times the size of a "normal" supergate seeing as how Atlantis is, what, roughly the size of Manhattan?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              After all, Ba'al was one of Anubis' closest servants.

"Yo, Ba'al, gimme your ship!"
                              "Yes master."

Ehm, no. Ba'al was Anubis biggest enemy except for SG-1. Remember the 'United Alliance of System Lords', let by Ba'al, which stood against Anubis?
                              Mia: Don't you hate that?
                              Vincent: Hate what?
                              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                              X