This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many seasons does SGA have left?

Its a big posibility that Atlantis will get its sixth season, but im thinking that it may be the last one mainly because almost all the cast have contracts to do six seasons. But who knows if season 6 is really the final season they should end it with a great finally.

P.S. Hopefully we get at least seven season.

No we're not getting just 7. we're getting 10 and yes i'm pretty sure of it. MGMs number 1 franchise is James Bond. and guess what their number 2 is Stargate. MGM is not going to let Stargate Atlantis end on 6 years. Do you think the cast of SG-1 had contracts for 10 years? No they renewed them because the show got renewed. That's more than likely what will happen with Atlantis. Plus Scifi even said they want to keep Stargate. Just because their contracts are 6 years does not mean the show will end. Stargate is a big franchise now. The first series was extremely successful hence the 10 seasons. Atlantis is also becoming popular. And now with several SG-1 movies planned hopefully and a third series on the way. Stargate is staying for a long time. Atlantis is not ending next year or the year after. Think more like 2014
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

You're daydreaming. But we will probably get a 6th season because Stargate Atlantis is one of the few remaining original shows on SciFi.

Comment

We might get a season 7 but some of the cast might move on. I can't remember who it was, and I'm pretty sure I read it in one of the Stargate Magazines, but one of the cast of Atlantis didn't sound happy they had a 6 year contract with the show..

Comment

Course we will. with the starting episode of season5 wonder what the rest of the season will be like.

Comment

Um no. I'm not daydreaming. Because its one of the last original shows scifi will more than likely not get rid of it. Come on. Atlantis is probably the best show on scifi. That wrestling thing is retarded. Battlestar just got really worse. Eureka is really good but holds its own. and thats really it with good shows on scifi. Their not getting rid of Atlantis. They are gonna keep it for a while longer. its common sense
            There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

There are indications that SCIFI and MGM want to produce Universe in the next year.
              If they do, it means they wouldn't produce the show's 6th season.
              Maybe like SG1, they will produce one or more DVD movies.
              Contract isn't problem. SCIFI can let casts to do other SCIFI's returning show, new show, mini-Series or movie.

Comment

BSG only has 10 episode left before it's all over....

I'd say that there will almost certianly be a 6th season of SGA... and i can only hope about a 7th.

If we get ten then BRILLIANT... but who knows....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  You're daydreaming. But we will probably get a 6th season because Stargate Atlantis is one of the few remaining original shows on SciFi.
                  Next year, SCIFI may has more original shows.
                  SCIFI picked up some new shows.
                  Warehouse 13
                  Revolution
                  Earthlings
                  The God Inc.
                  ...etc.
                  And original mini-Series, movies.

Comment

I hope we get a season six and seven but if MGM an SciFi want to start making Stargate Universe, MGM will have to cancel making SG-1 Movies or cancel Stargate Atlantis in order to make that series.

READ READ READ

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
                      Warehouse 13
                      Revolution
                      Earthlings
                      The God Inc.
                      ...etc.
                      Yeah... but those shows tend to bomb. The only good one they produced last year, out of the five or so, was Dreden Files... and they still went and cancelled it! ( Still ticked at them for that, by the way... )

But yes, I do believe SGA will get a 6th season. They still have the cast signed on, the ratings are looking up, they've got a good rhythm... and there won't be any weird scheduling issues this year for kids/weddings/et al. Seventh season... also likely. Maybe an eighth... but that's as far as I'm willing to push it. I don't think SGA will go much beyond 2012... SG1 was lucky to get two additional seasons, and that required quite a bit of retooling to keep it going. I don't think SGA will be able to do the same...
                      Last edited by The TARDIS; 20 July 2008, 08:31 PM.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                      Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
                        Warehouse 13
                        Revolution
                        Earthlings
                        The God Inc.
                        ...etc.
                        And Sanctuary which should be good. But yes I think that they will keep SGA for 10 seasons then cancel it too. But I am pretty confident it will last that long.

Comment

I think it'll at least get through seven, if for no other reason than the fact that all the (modern) Star Treks did (I don't count Enterprise). This is an irrational reason, of course, but I like it. A syndicated TV show with a ridiculously loyal fan base ought to be any actor's, producer's, writer's or network's dream.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've heard Asthar Sheran will lead Atlantis expedition in S6.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

It prob depends on how the show performs this year in the ratings really. If ratings hold + improve then there would be no good reason not to renew the series for a 6th season, To suggest something as absurd as the series def reaching 10 seasons though... i highly doubt it, there is no chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X