This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CASTING: Ben Browder's role

I mean it is very obvious that it is the same actor. It just makes the movie seems a bit cheap. Why didn't they get someone else to play the captain of the achillies?

I also have one other question that i really want to know what people think. Assuming the Ba'al that went back in time was the real Ba'al and he therefore had naqaduah in his blood, what explanation could there be for him not having a personal shield?

He knew he was going into the cargo hold of a 1930's ship, with no people in it. He wasn't planning on being there long, so there should have been no need for shield.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
      He knew he was going into the cargo hold of a 1930's ship, with no people in it. He wasn't planning on being there long, so there should have been no need for shield.
      i know what your saying but earth had good guns even back then. If you travel back in time to another planet you would use a personal shield as a safety precuation when you first step through the gate. I think they should have made mitchell have to fight him hand to hand or at least use a slow moving object that would bypass the personal shield

Comment

Has Ba'al ever used a personal shield?

Anyway, yes, Ben Browder playing two characters did thouroughly annoy me. You could tell right away it was him, especially as he made no effort to mask his voice.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Has Ba'al ever used a personal shield?

Anyway, yes, Ben Browder playing two characters did thouroughly annoy me. You could tell right away it was him, especially as he made no effort to mask his voice.
          i noticed to, and i thought it was cool. Family members usually look and sound similar.
          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I think they did it so we would think he was his own grandfather..
            after all.. thats what i thought all the way until they showed us Mitchell in the cargohold at the end

Comment

i was first like, is he his grandfader?

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
                I think they did it so we would think he was his own grandfather..
                after all.. thats what i thought all the way until they showed us Mitchell in the cargohold at the end
                Only then why would he be surprised when Ba'al appeared?

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                  I mean it is very obvious that it is the same actor. It just makes the movie seems a bit cheap. Why didn't they get someone else to play the captain of the achillies?
                  Because they thought it was funny that he played his grandfather?

Comment

I had no problem with Browder playing the role of Mitchell's grandfather.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I had no problem with Browder playing the role of Mitchell's grandfather.
                      neither did I
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Because if it was some random guy, the viewer would be confused.

He might just be his own grandfather, too!

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                          He might just be his own grandfather, too!
                          Wait... does that make him Jack's father?

Buh-dum-bum!

Sorry... just needed to get that one in

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                          Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            neither did I
                            Me either.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                              Wait... does that make him Jack's father?

Buh-dum-bum!

Sorry... just needed to get that one in

Oh time travel!
                              "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Working...
                              X