This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot hole....

This is a spoiler so of course dont read etc.. etc....

During the discusion of them needing a device to power up the ancient drone chair they talked about once again taking a ship to Taioness to get a ZPM... but this SG1 team would know of the fully charged ZPM that is on earth and was brought to atlantis via the dadaleous to save it.

Originally posted by stamper197 View Post
    This is a spoiler so of course dont read etc.. etc....

During the discusion of them needing a device to power up the ancient drone chair they talked about once again taking a ship to Taioness to get a ZPM... but this SG1 team would know of the fully charged ZPM that is on earth and was brought to atlantis via the dadaleous to save it.
    It's location was lost after Ra left Earth, that's why they had to travel back in time to find it. Since SG-1 never went back in time in this reality, it's location is still a mystery.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I see your point actually...

Yes.. they got the ZPM from ra by traveling back in time to EARTH to rob it from his treasurey.... so ok... i see your point.

Comment

So we are on a different reality right now aren't we or what? Or did the two like merge the one they went to get from Ra just popped up in our time and didn't affect anything before it or what?
        sigpic

Comment

It's actually a good question, and one that I thought of as well. Technically, SG-1 went back in time to 3000 B.C. , which would be before Ba'al changed time. Provided the time changes onyl went forward in time, the event of Mobius in Egypt would have still occured, meaning there should be a ZPM in egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
            It's actually a good question, and one that I thought of as well. Technically, SG-1 went back in time to 3000 B.C. , which would be before Ba'al changed time. Provided the time changes onyl went forward in time, the event of Mobius in Egypt would have still occured, meaning there should be a ZPM in egypt.
            The troubles of time traveling never end.

Yes, was the timeline was even in the past? I don't think so, though I've never heard something like this discussed before, either. The SG-1 that went back in time was, after all, part of another timeline that created a new timeline (the current one), the one where alt!Ba'al went back in time and changed things, only to have alt!Cam travel back in time as well and preventing said change, eventually spawning our!Timeline.

Logically speaking, I think the changes made by original!alt!SG-1 should've remained, thus allowing us to recover the ZPM from that cave or whatever in Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
              Ah yes....however.....SG-1 went back in time using the time jumper (the puddle jumper with the time machine) which they found while on a mission through the stargate off world. So with Baal stopping the achilles then the Stargate program will have never began (which is obvious) therefore the team would have never gone on that mission and found the time jumper and therefore couldn't go back in time. So any changes they made in the timeline were moot. Which means that while SG-1 prevented Ra taking the Stargate with himand helped begin the uprising which defeated the Goa'uld on Earth, Baals new timeline indicates that these events will have happend without SG-1's help.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

they don't even have a jumper -_-
                and no1 can fly the jumper except for oneill, and he isnt very co-operative

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Ah yes....however.....SG-1 went back in time using the time jumper (the puddle jumper with the time machine) which they found while on a mission through the stargate off world. So with Baal stopping the achilles then the Stargate program will have never began (which is obvious) therefore the team would have never gone on that mission and found the time jumper and therefore couldn't go back in time. So any changes they made in the timeline were moot. Which means that while SG-1 prevented Ra taking the Stargate with himand helped begin the uprising which defeated the Goa'uld on Earth, Baals new timeline indicates that these events will have happend without SG-1's help.
                  and BOOM, the Universe just exploded...
                  Meh.

Comment

it can be argued that Sg-1 never travelled back in time as the stragate program never occoured. This however is not the case. SG-1 never travelled back in time to get the ZPM. They put the ZPM in eygpt so there future selfs wouldnt have to undertake the mission in the future. This is conclusive proof that the ZPM would have been in Eygpt. Daniel knew about the dig and would have known where it was.

SG-1 may have purposely neglected to mention this to the president so that they could travel through the gate and change the timeline back.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                      it can be argued that Sg-1 never travelled back in time as the stragate program never occoured. This however is not the case. SG-1 never travelled back in time to get the ZPM. They put the ZPM in eygpt so there future selfs wouldnt have to undertake the mission in the future. This is conclusive proof that the ZPM would have been in Eygpt. Daniel knew about the dig and would have known where it was.
                      And that's the problem with time travel. The question is if Ba'al's medling changed a lot of things in the timeline, even things that came before 1939.

My theory is that it does not since the most used time travel theory in Stargate is the alternate timeline one, that when you change the past, an alternate timeline is created, hence, Ba'al could've have changed the fact that the ZPM was still in Egypt.

SG-1 may have purposely neglected to mention this to the president so that they could travel through the gate and change the timeline back.
                      How? The ZPM was in Egypt. How did they expect to be able to get it if they traveled through the gate to another planet? Besides, how was stealing a cargo ship to go to Taeonas better than just F-302'ing to Egypt? They were looking for a ZPM, after all.

Besides, how does possessing a ZPM help them travel through time?

Comment

My head hurts now.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          My head hurts now.
                          Mine too.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Possessing a ZPM doesn't allow time travel, but accessing the gate gives them more of a chance to escape the military to act on their own to cause time travel. If they mention the ZPM on Earth, no need for them to go through the gate.

Comment

But the moment Ba'al changed the timeline SG-1 never exisited hence they never went back in time so it would still be lost.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X