Perfect Retrovirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Retrovirus

We know from The Seed, that the retrovirus cured Kanaan and others. So it is likely the retrovirus can cure hybrids permanently. What if we were to use the retrovirus that changed Michael in his ******* Human Wraith form , then use the Virus Michael used to turn himself in a hybrid, and then the version that cured Kanaan and the others. It's not really the straight way, but it could work as a permanent virus.
    Last edited by EternalAlteran; 19 July 2008, 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
    We know from The Seed, that the retrovirus cured Kanaan and others. So it is likely the retrovirus can cure hybrids permanently. What if we were to use the retrovirus that changed Michael in his ******* Human Wraith form , then use the Virus Michael used to turn himself in a hybrid, and then the version that killed Kanaan and the others. It's not really the straight way, but it could work as a permanent virus.
    I think you put killed when you meant cured in there once. Well the only hard part in this is getting a hold of the retrovirus that turned Michael into the hybrid, and there is no way to know if it is the same as the other hybrids. We really need Michael to find out if it is the same type of hybrid. And i think they have basically given up on making wraith human, because remember when Woolsey asked in the season 3 episode if they were ever gonna introduce them into a public population even if they cured them totally and I think Sheppard said no. So I think they gave up on them. And after talking to Todd they have a better perspective on wraith and they might even of decided not to do it again because it is not their fault who they are or what they have to have to survive.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah right my fault. I corrected it.

But we do have Michael's research and Carson so we should be able to make it and we do have the other two types of the virus. But we could allow the wraith to live on some world.

Next question

Once the Hybrids have been cured completly will they (mostly Athosians) return to their homeworld or a new one. We know they are different form reversed Wraith since they get no attraction to return to their form before the virus was used. This was seen in search and rescue when Kanaan wanted (or agreed with Teyla) that he needed help.

Comment

Well in the episode they said up till then it had worked so it might still not work in the long run. They will most likely keep them on the main land indefinately because there is still a risk that they could revert back.

They can't risk any of them telling about Atlantis either or it will probably be an all out hunt for Atlantis and they may find it.
        sigpic

Comment

its not permanent. but seeing as they are less wraith, it would work. besides, if injected for a longer time, the person cannot revert back anymore

Comment

There is nothing said about the effect the time infected has on the retrovirus

Comment

Working...
            X