Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a human at the heart of each full grown Wraith ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a human at the heart of each full grown Wraith ship?

Do you think that there is a human at the heart of each full grown Wraith ship?

If that is the case they would have to have some sort of primary function.

Can a Hive or a Cruiser be killed by the same virus used on this episode?

Are we going to see missions where a team infiltrates a Hive to deliver the virus to this "human core"?

I doubt it since the insides of Hives don't seem to defend themselves and the computers can now tell it to regrow certain damaged sections on command. So it seems a Human has served its purpose once the hull is completed.

Also, if you're going to sneak aboard a Hive to try and destroy it, there are far easier options than trying to dodge Wraith until you reach the core and then trying to dodge them on your way out. Instead you can hide a nuke in the dart bay, set it to go off at a certain time, and then get right out of there. And even that is quite risky.

Comment

They're actually hybrids. And they spurt out a lot of nonsense which some Wraith deem to be religious.

... wrong show

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        I doubt it since the insides of Hives don't seem to defend themselves and the computers can now tell it to regrow certain damaged sections on command. So it seems a Human has served its purpose once the hull is completed.
        Good point, however Keller spoke as the ship that was growing. Maybe there is still that human in every ship but they serve a smaller purpose.

Comment

Rodney said it looked like Keller was in a kind of cocoon. I would assume that if humans are necessary for the construction of Wraith ships that after the job was done the Wraith would do what they do to everyone else they cocoon. But then, in No Man's Land Rodney and Ronon's cocoons did grow around them which wouldn't be possible if the Hive structure was completely lifeless as was implied after Keller was freed, so maybe there is a human somewhere in each Hive ship.

Here's a thought: what if this is actually the explanation for why the Wraith cocoon humans. It has been shown that the Wraith don't actually need to cocoon humans in order to feed, so up until now it seemed kind of pointless except as a restraint. Maybe Hive ships are dependent cocooned humans, but after the original is fed upon the Hive can use somebody else.

Comment

I think the fact that each wraith ship *might* need a human is the weakness in wraith technology that the Ancients on the Aurora discovered.

Comment

A human in each ship, sounds a little Babylon 5 like don't you think.

Though if it is true, i think the wraith use smaller animals instead of their foodsupply to build ships.

Comment

Originally posted by auror View Post
                I think the fact that each wraith ship *might* need a human is the weakness in wraith technology that the Ancients on the Aurora discovered.
                I think I remember asking that on JM's blog and he said "Not exactly" or something like that so I don't think its the weakness that the Aurora discovered.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                  Rodney said it looked like Keller was in a kind of cocoon. I would assume that if humans are necessary for the construction of Wraith ships that after the job was done the Wraith would do what they do to everyone else they cocoon. But then, in No Man's Land Rodney and Ronon's cocoons did grow around them which wouldn't be possible if the Hive structure was completely lifeless as was implied after Keller was freed, so maybe there is a human somewhere in each Hive ship.

Here's a thought: what if this is actually the explanation for why the Wraith cocoon humans. It has been shown that the Wraith don't actually need to cocoon humans in order to feed, so up until now it seemed kind of pointless except as a restraint. Maybe Hive ships are dependent cocooned humans, but after the original is fed upon the Hive can use somebody else.
                  Originally posted by auror View Post
                  Very interesting ideas both of you. this episode gave us a lot to speculate on. I enjoy eps where we learn a bit more about the wraith!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                    It is obvious to me that the humans captured and cocooned are in fact being preserved for later feedings nothing more nothing less.
                    The cocoon is a "refrigerator keeping the food fresh".

Comment

Yeah, I think the human is only the...software needed to install the hiveship, if you know what I mean. After that it's Feeding Town.

Though a story revolving around a group of Wraith worshippers who are groomed for this job may be interesting.

Comment

I think the assumption that a human is at the heart of each Wraith ship is way off. It's a Wraith Ship. There could be a Wraith at the heart of each ship cocooned for safety. Nutrients would come through the tendrils.

Comment

What I would like to know is where do the Wraith get the energy to power their hive ships? The Ancients and the expedition need ZPMs, but what do the Wraith use? Solar energy?
                          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

It's more likely a Wraith drone and the only reason the injection worked was because for some extremely odd reason those tentacles covered everything except Keller's face.

If the growing hive just encased it's host in tentacles injecting the host would have been impossible.

I don't think the host survives after the hive ship matures either as that would basically imply a human like level of sentience for empty hiveships, something that's never really been seen before. More likely the host is only necessary for the part of the life cycle in which the ship grows, as the hijacked brain functions are needed to co-ordinate the particulars of that growth. Once it's fully grown and has grown its own computers and what not to manage its functions the single human brain would presumably become obsolete and largely inadequate to manage all it's functions when contrasted to something like a full on advanced computer core.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Though a story revolving around a group of Wraith worshippers who are groomed for this job may be interesting.
                              That would explain why the Wraith even bother with Wraith Worshipers, wouldn't it...
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X