Woolsey as Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey as Commander

So, how did everyone feel about Woolsey's first full episode?

I personally liked him in "The Seed". He came in and got down to business and real, almost military-like manner. He seemed to me like a true person in charge. Most leaders wouldn't be like Weir or even Carter (although I did like Carter as commander). I think it's safe to say that he'll become more of a leader that doesn't always play by the book, which is probably important for the series, but I liked seeing him come in and take care of business. I also really liked how he kind of shut Rodney up when they were discussing the hybrids in the briefing room. I thought it was kind of funny.

So what do you think?

[Tentacle-things]
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

I do think Woolsey has the potential to be a good leader of Atlantis. However, I wasn't too impressed this episode. It seemed like Woolsey tried to act tough but as things kept getting worse he just had a worried look and didn't really take charge. But this was in no way a bad episode and I still want to see what he can do.
    McKay: I am a science team!

Comment

Woolsey is going to be great imo. The last scene with Sheppard gave us a preview of what is to come. He is still going to be strict with the rules and breaking them will be hard on himself. He is likely going to push himself so much that he will make mistakes and the wrong decisions which will add some conflict with the Atlantis team.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Woolsey is going to be great imo. The last scene with Sheppard gave us a preview of what is to come. He is still going to be strict with the rules and breaking them will be hard on himself. He is likely going to push himself so much that he will make mistakes and the wrong decisions which will add some conflict with the Atlantis team.
        Woolsey is an amazing commander. He knows when to follow the rules, and when not to. Unlike Weir or Carter, he actually knows the rules, and follows them accordingly. The IOA isn't stupid. And Woolsey is a very realistic character. Unlike Carter, IMO of course.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I agree. I think that Woolsey will get even better with each episode an suprise a lot of people. He may end up having to break more rules than he'd like to.

Comment

Still have to see how things pan out, but Woolsey was better than I thought. The jury is still out, but Picardo is a good actor, so I think he can pull it off.

Keller though. She has to go.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

i think woolsey did a good job in his first ep and will only get better

my first post also

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                Still have to see how things pan out, but Woolsey was better than I thought. The jury is still out, but Picardo is a good actor, so I think he can pull it off.

That little scene at the end, truly scored points for Woolsey and they already imo developed his character from so many guest ep roles. So a good job with that, but yeah still too soon to really tell.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Lol. I was so disappointed when they decided not to go with Woolsey's idea of using drones!

Comment

Originally posted by kot815 View Post
                    Lol. I was so disappointed when they decided not to go with Woolsey's idea of using drones!
                    At first I didn't understand how they were going to do that, because I thought the isolation room was part of the main tower. But when Sheppard flew the Jumper out to one of the outlying parts of the city and we saw the infested building I understood. I thought he was suggesting maneuvering a drone down the corridors of the main tower. That would have been messy.

They should have used a flamethrower to kill the tentacles - If they have one, of course.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to see Woolsey grow into his job over the course of the season. He'll have to learn the hard way that strictly following the rules only works part of the time. You have to be flexible.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I know some people have already talked about it, but I'm sure we'll here a radio call soon that sounds a little like this:

Woolsey: "State the nature of the medical emergency, Keller!"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Personally, I can't wait to see Woolsey grow into his job over the course of the season. He'll have to learn the hard way that strictly following the rules only works part of the time. You have to be flexible.
                          It's going to be an interesting ride to see him develope as the leader of Atlantis. I think next week's ep will likely show some of that real conflict.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            It's going to be an interesting ride to see him develope as the leader of Atlantis. I think next week's ep will likely show some of that real conflict.
                            Based on the preview of next week's episode, and I don't know anything about it, so I'm not giving anything away:

If Ronon has been compromised and is possibly betraying the team, then I'm sure there will be some conflict regarding the views of how the situation should be dealt with. Woolsey will probably want to have him eliminated, while the others will want to save him.

Comment

Two thumbs up from me! He was very no nonsense but still listened to the people around him who were obviously not overly impressed with him.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X