PDA

View Full Version : Woolsey as Commander

A Wraith Named Bob
July 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
So, how did everyone feel about Woolsey's first full episode?

I personally liked him in "The Seed". He came in and got down to business and real, almost military-like manner. He seemed to me like a true person in charge. Most leaders wouldn't be like Weir or even Carter (although I did like Carter as commander). I think it's safe to say that he'll become more of a leader that doesn't always play by the book, which is probably important for the series, but I liked seeing him come in and take care of business. I also really liked how he kind of shut Rodney up when they were discussing the hybrids in the briefing room. I thought it was kind of funny.

So what do you think?

:ronananime16: [Tentacle-things]

kot815
July 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I do think Woolsey has the potential to be a good leader of Atlantis. However, I wasn't too impressed this episode. It seemed like Woolsey tried to act tough but as things kept getting worse he just had a worried look and didn't really take charge. But this was in no way a bad episode and I still want to see what he can do.

Briangate78
July 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Woolsey is going to be great imo. The last scene with Sheppard gave us a preview of what is to come. He is still going to be strict with the rules and breaking them will be hard on himself. He is likely going to push himself so much that he will make mistakes and the wrong decisions which will add some conflict with the Atlantis team.

Ltcolshepjumper
July 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Woolsey is going to be great imo. The last scene with Sheppard gave us a preview of what is to come. He is still going to be strict with the rules and breaking them will be hard on himself. He is likely going to push himself so much that he will make mistakes and the wrong decisions which will add some conflict with the Atlantis team.

Woolsey is an amazing commander. He knows when to follow the rules, and when not to. Unlike Weir or Carter, he actually knows the rules, and follows them accordingly. The IOA isn't stupid. And Woolsey is a very realistic character. Unlike Carter, IMO of course.

kot815
July 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I agree. I think that Woolsey will get even better with each episode an suprise a lot of people. He may end up having to break more rules than he'd like to.

FoolishPleasure
July 18th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Still have to see how things pan out, but Woolsey was better than I thought. The jury is still out, but Picardo is a good actor, so I think he can pull it off.

Keller though. She has to go.

bigd592
July 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM
i think woolsey did a good job in his first ep and will only get better

my first post also

Briangate78
July 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Still have to see how things pan out, but Woolsey was better than I thought. The jury is still out, but Picardo is a good actor, so I think he can pull it off.

That little scene at the end, truly scored points for Woolsey and they already imo developed his character from so many guest ep roles. So a good job with that, but yeah still too soon to really tell.

kot815
July 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM

Lol. I was so disappointed when they decided not to go with Woolsey's idea of using drones!

A Wraith Named Bob
July 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Lol. I was so disappointed when they decided not to go with Woolsey's idea of using drones!

At first I didn't understand how they were going to do that, because I thought the isolation room was part of the main tower. But when Sheppard flew the Jumper out to one of the outlying parts of the city and we saw the infested building I understood. I thought he was suggesting maneuvering a drone down the corridors of the main tower. That would have been messy.

They should have used a flamethrower to kill the tentacles - If they have one, of course.

the fifth man
July 18th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Personally, I can't wait to see Woolsey grow into his job over the course of the season. He'll have to learn the hard way that strictly following the rules only works part of the time. You have to be flexible.

A Wraith Named Bob
July 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I know some people have already talked about it, but I'm sure we'll here a radio call soon that sounds a little like this:

Woolsey: "State the nature of the medical emergency, Keller!"

Briangate78
July 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Personally, I can't wait to see Woolsey grow into his job over the course of the season. He'll have to learn the hard way that strictly following the rules only works part of the time. You have to be flexible.

It's going to be an interesting ride to see him develope as the leader of Atlantis. I think next week's ep will likely show some of that real conflict.

A Wraith Named Bob
July 18th, 2008, 09:01 PM
It's going to be an interesting ride to see him develope as the leader of Atlantis. I think next week's ep will likely show some of that real conflict.

Based on the preview of next week's episode, and I don't know anything about it, so I'm not giving anything away:

If Ronon has been compromised and is possibly betraying the team, then I'm sure there will be some conflict regarding the views of how the situation should be dealt with. Woolsey will probably want to have him eliminated, while the others will want to save him.

:ronan:

Ruffles
July 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Two thumbs up from me! He was very no nonsense but still listened to the people around him who were obviously not overly impressed with him.

Landers
July 19th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I thought Woolsey would totally suck, but he didn't. I thought he would totally ruin the show, but I need to eat my words and say I liked the guy. Now, if we can just get Carson back and send Keller far, far away, I'll be happy.

*subrosa*
July 19th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I don't think Woolsey is a bad character, he has great potential and he can be a leader... it's just that he's again another character with a lack of self-confidence and he is someone who tries to abide the rules all the time... which really annoys me...
I have to admit that he did great in his first episode, as he said, he broke like... a dozen of rules, which is exactly what you should do when you're in another galaxy full of weird dangerous aliens... standard rules don't really work in such a situation, wouldn't you agree? I think Woolsey will find out about that and I've got the strange feeling that the IOA will be much more willing to accept the fact that the rules are being broken when someone of the IOA is in command of Atlantis...
I have yet to see if Woolsey as a commander is a good thing or not, but it makes for a nice change in SGA.

FallenAngelII
July 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Why did he go by ship? That was three weeks during which Atlantis was run by John (I think John's the 2nd in command, correct me if I'm wrong), a man notorious for not following rules (ever) and who lets his feelings guide him instead of protocol.

And Woolsey was A-OK with this? What if an emergency took place? You'd think they'd left Sam to run things for the 3 weeks 'til Woolsey could get there.

ShVagYeR
July 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
You've got to appreciate how Woolsey controls himself. If I was placed in a situation where I would've had to give up any rules I had, I would go crazy. He does a terrific job under the conditions he isn't used to.

He should make a fine commander, just give him a season. ;)

Briangate78
July 19th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I thought Woolsey would totally suck, but he didn't. I thought he would totally ruin the show, but I need to eat my words and say I liked the guy. Now, if we can just get Carson back and send Keller far, far away, I'll be happy.

I'm going to say it again. An episode with a meh plot turned out to be a good episode because it introduced Woolsey very strongly and well, and we got Carson back.

But yeah Woolsey really impressed me.

Lewisco
July 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I really like Woolsey, i know a lot of people have criticised the decision to make him leader, but i think it was a good one. he's such an interesting character in my opinion. and this episode was a good one for him. we saw him getting worried as things got worse and not really know what to do, but considering it was his first crisis im sure you'd be the same. and i like how even though he wasn't "playing by the book" he wasn't happy breaking the rules. the scene at the very end with Shepphard was a good scene, i think it showed a lot about Woolsey's character. good episode, and i look forward to the rest of the season with woolsey in charge.

jenks
July 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Best. Commander. EVAR.

Vala_M
July 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I was pretty pleased with him in this episode, I'm not surprised that the writers managed to pull it off again. Afterall, they made Stargate without Jack and several new characters (Mitchell, Vala and Landry) and a new enemy work out when most people including myself thought the show would fail after those elements were added.

I was nervous at the beginning when he was going all bearucratical on the team but that was to be expected I suppose. I guess now even Woolsey/IOA realized that there is a reason why Atlantis commanders can't always follow the rules.

Vala,

andromeda_dan
July 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Woolsey's character when first introduced in SG-1 has always shown that he can balance the need to be a stickler to the rules and at the same time find the reasons to bend them as required and appropriate for the occasion, though he also find it personally disdainful and uncomfortable to bend the rules. What I find him a bit unnerving is that there is a level of callousness towards certain issues, especially if those issues would involve him looking bad towards his superiors, and treatment of people of certain ranks.

FireCat
July 19th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I wasn't looking forward to Woolsey on this show, but it worked, mainly because he is tougher, and stands up for his decisions, which is something SGA leaders have lacked in the past.

I was wrong when I criticized the decision before, the dude gets a thumbs up from me.

Ripple in Space
July 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Woolsey was fantastic.

Skill (leading): 8/10
Addition to the Story: 10/10
Acting: 10/10

He was definitely better (as far as adding dimension to the show) than Carter; and has the potential to surpass Weir (and I'm a Carter fan, just not as Atlantis' Commander).

I mean the episode was among the most stupid we've seen, but it was made good by the new dynamic of Carson's return & Woolsey's command.

tombombadil
July 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM
DICK WOOLSEY! KICKIN' ASS AND TAKIN' NAMES!!!! :lol:

seriously though, he doesn't seem that bad of a leader.

tombombadil
July 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
i predict he will constantly complain about sheppard not filing the proper paper work and sloppy mission reports.

Ultimate Thundercats
July 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I thought Woolsey as the new commander was a poor choice. But after seeing The Seed, I realize he's a horrible choice. Don't get me wrong, I liked Picardo as the Doctor in ST: Voyager, but never really liked his character in Stargate. Bring back Wiir or Carter. Otherwise, make this the last season.

theheartsofatlantis
July 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well for me it went from me wanting to cry and wish for Carter or Weir to come back to, by the end of the episode I was like "I think this guy may do ok". Woolsey wasnt bad!

Briangate78
July 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Best. Commander. EVAR.

It seems Woolsey is getting a lot of postive feedback from the fans. I hope this continues. :)

wizard
July 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Keller has to go ??
I have always liked Keller and think she is a good match for Rodney.
Picardo will make a great addition, but I will truly miss Sam

Briangate78
July 19th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hey guys this is a thread about Woolsey, can we please keep the debates about Keller out of this thread. Thanks. Just a suggestion. :)

jelgate
July 19th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I feel like getting technical. The only commandar was Sam. Weir and Woosley are adminstrators due to being civilians.

EdenSG
July 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I liked Woolsey in this episode – well liked and hated him. His arrival on Atlantis was quite brusque. I got the sense that he was actually quite uncomfortable at that moment, did not know what to say to the crew so he reverted to the consummate administrator – by the book, lets get down to work, show me your reports. I did like his take charge attitude – to a degree - during the meeting, but he does need to learn people skills.

He struggled through out the episode trying to abide by the rules but quickly realizes that a situation can be much different when it is actually happening and the rules don’t always work with the reality of what is going on. He really seemed a bit lost when he was demanding answers from Carson that Carson didn’t have yet and trying to give Ronon advice on getting through the tentacles. When they lost touch with Ronon I really got the impression that at that point Woolsey did not know what to do; so that when Sheppard announced he was taking the jumper Woolsey probably felt he couldn’t stop him because he would not be able to offer any viable alternatives. It can be a very humbling moment for a man who has always found the answer in "the rule book."

I think Woolsey has always found comfort in the rules but is uncomfortable when dealing with people. The rules guide the decisions he makes but they also allow him to keep his distance from people. I think by the end of the show, he realized he had broken many of those rules and his confidence was a bit shaken. As he said to Sheppard, “If I can’t trust the rules I don’t know if I can do this job.” I don’t think this means Woolsey is giving up on the rules I think it means we are constantly going to see him struggle with the rules which should provide some interesting character and story conflict. The whole set up makes his character a bit unpredictable. I think he is going to make a very interesting new commander.

GateofDOOM
July 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
A little less conflict in the first Woolsey as commander administrator of Atlantis then I wanted but otherwise he's panning out just as I hoped he would.

It was nice to see the meeting between him and the senior staff/Ronon. That's what I wanted from Woolsey; Paper!!!

...Yes, I know I'm strange.

Avenger
July 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Woolsey's first episode in command went exactly how I thought it would. He would going to be a "by the books" kind of guy who has to extensively think about protocol and rules first. And, not surprisingly, he was put in a situation where the rules are nothing more than a suggestion.

PG15
July 20th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Why did he go by ship? That was three weeks during which Atlantis was run by John (I think John's the 2nd in command, correct me if I'm wrong), a man notorious for not following rules (ever) and who lets his feelings guide him instead of protocol.

And Woolsey was A-OK with this? What if an emergency took place? You'd think they'd left Sam to run things for the 3 weeks 'til Woolsey could get there.

Well, the IOA was evidently fine with it, since they let him do it after Weir was gone and before Carter was hired.

Best. Commander. EVAR.

Couldn't have said it any better. Never doubted it.

Picardo's a legend. Hopefully Woolsey will be as well, in time.

AutumnDream
July 20th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Woolsey is a better fit than Carter. If we can't have Weir I suppose he will do fine.

NKDietrich
July 20th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Weir annoyed me to no end at first, but then she grew on me. She was a strong leader and not a pushover, but wasn't afraid to push the envelope once in a while.

I absolutely love the Carter character but as the leader of Atlantis she was a poor fit. She and Shep were too much alike I think, so she seemed a little redundant.

Woolsey... what can I say... he's just gonna be an amazing character as time goes on. He is a very strong personality, and I think deep down a natural leader, but his resume has made him a very by-the-book type of person, which clashes with an outpost on the outskirts of human influence, where situations arise that the people who wrote the rules never thought of.

I think we'll see him transition over the season from someone who thinks the rules are there for a reason, to someone who realizes his job is actually to test the limits of those rules, looking out for the safety of the city and its inhabitants, and set a standard for the leaders who will follow him.

I really like Picardo as an actor, and I am glad that his character is not just a "yes-man" agreeing with everything Shep recommends. Whether or not he'll be better than Weir, time will hopefully tell. Of course, I am a rather open minded fan and I give every character or story arc a fair chance.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 20th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Woolsey is a better fit than Carter. If we can't have Weir I suppose he will do fine.

Technically, seeing as how the Atlantis expedition is predominantly made up of Scientists and Military personel, Carter is the single most qualified person on Earth.

That being said, Woolsey was awesome. I've already said it in another thread but the animosity between him and the team was almost perfect. They probably could've played it up a little but I'm glad they didn't over-do it.

FallenAngelII
July 20th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Technically, seeing as how the Atlantis expedition is predominantly made up of Scientists and Military personel, Carter is the single most qualified person on Earth.
Being a good scientist and a soldier does not automatically make you qualified to lead an expedition consisting of mostly scientists and soldiers.

Sue_Jackson
July 20th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! :mad:

Why in the Pegasus Galaxy is that man commanding Atlantis????? That man has no right being there. The guy has no experience what so EVER to command Atlantis. Sheppard should be in command. NOT Woolsey! Woolsey doesn't realize that they have to go beyond the call of duty in order to survive. Going by the book ain't gonna mean nothing going against the Wraith or Replicators or any enemy that comes after them. Those enemies certainly don't care about no stinkin' book.

I say give Sheppard that promotion and have him command Atlantis.

theheartsofatlantis
July 20th, 2008, 05:52 AM
It seems Woolsey is getting a lot of postive feedback from the fans. I hope this continues. :)

In past episodes of SG1 and SGA we have seen him and he was not very likable, I think there will be conflict (Especially with Sheppard and maybe Ronan and Mckay, well maybe all of Atlantis), but I think Woosley will prove himself to be a valuble member of the Altantis Group.

I think Woosley can learn (and by the way it looks so far) you can toss out the rules and the books once in awhile. He's not a bad guy, he just needs to learn that sometimes you have to play a different game and I think he can do it.

Robert Picardo is doing a great job!

Teresa

Briangate78
July 20th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! I hate Woolsey! :mad:

So I guess you don't like Woolsey? :p

In past episodes of SG1 and SGA we have seen him and he was not very likable, I think there will be conflict (Especially with Sheppard and maybe Ronan and Mckay, well maybe all of Atlantis), but I think Woosley will prove himself to be a valuble member of the Altantis Group.

I think Woosley can learn (and by the way it looks so far) you can toss out the rules and the books once in awhile. He's not a bad guy, he just needs to learn that sometimes you have to play a different game and I think he can do it.

Robert Picardo is doing a great job!

Teresa

So far so good. I actually have high hopes for next week's ep which will likely have a darker tone and some nice conflinct with Woolsey.

Ripple in Space
July 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I won't argue competency especially since then I'd have to get into the whole, "Carter got knocked on the head a few times en route to Atlantis, killing a few dozen too many braincells and knocking her IQ down several dozen points" theory-thing (meaning SG-1 Carter appears profoundly smarter & more experienced than the one on Atlantis), and that wouldn't be constructive :P.

But as far as adding to the show, Woolsey dwarfs [Atlantis'] Carter.

Killdeer
July 20th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I really really did like Woolsey in this episode, but I didn't like the ending scene where he was second-guessing himself. I'm afraid they're going to mellow him too fast. And I think Sheppard was wrong to do what he did, and that Woolsey should have dressed him down for it. It was only sheer luck that what Sheppard did worked IMO. So I didn't like it that they made it look like Woolsey was wrong and Sheppard was right.

I hope they set up a few situations where Woolsey turns out to be right and Sheppard wrong. And I like the conflict, so I hope they don't get rid of that too quickly.

Cap116
July 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I really liked Woolsey in this episode, shows he is willing to change and not always play by the book on each occasion.

Ripple in Space
July 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I really really did like Woolsey in this episode, but I didn't like the ending scene where he was second-guessing himself. I'm afraid they're going to mellow him too fast.

That's actually really true to his character. If he feels he needs to rethink his position, he's open about it. Watch his scene with Hammond in "Inauguration."

Briangate78
July 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I really really did like Woolsey in this episode, but I didn't like the ending scene where he was second-guessing himself. I'm afraid they're going to mellow him too fast. And I think Sheppard was wrong to do what he did, and that Woolsey should have dressed him down for it. It was only sheer luck that what Sheppard did worked IMO. So I didn't like it that they made it look like Woolsey was wrong and Sheppard was right.

I hope they set up a few situations where Woolsey turns out to be right and Sheppard wrong. And I like the conflict, so I hope they don't get rid of that too quickly.

I think the next episode will have this.

lirenel
July 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Like a lot of people, I went in dreading Woolsey's arrival. And yet, after this episode, I am surprisingly optimistic about him as head administrator. He really did make valid points about the operation of Atlantis, despite the other main characters being all eye-rolly over his methods.

the only part that actually jolted out at me was when Woolsey suspiciously asked Teyla how she knew so much about...er, whatever system that was. I thought it showed him to have rather anti-alien prejudices that, for whatever reason, I had not expected him to have. Then I realized that it was very likely that he was suspicious not that Teyla-the-alien knew about Atlantis's systems but that Teyla-the-warrior-not-the-scientist-but-who-has-a-scientist-teammate-currently- under-an-alien-influence knew about Atlantis's systems. Which seemed more reasonable to me.

Pic
July 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Um... I think that's the point. He's an antagonist.

antagonist |an?tag?nist| *** noun *** a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary

An antagonist (from the Greek - antagonistes, "opponent, competitor, rival"[1][2]) is a character or group of characters, or, sometimes an institution of a happening who represents the opposition against which the protagonist(s) must contend.[3] In the classic style of story where in the action consists of a hero fighting a villain, the two can be regarded as protagonist and antagonist, respectively.[4] Contrary to popular belief, the antagonist is not always the villain, but simply those who oppose the main character.

So.... methinks Woolsey did a good job. The last scene with Sheppard left it open for debate, IMO. (meaning does he go by the book at all costs ~ this is obviously going to be Woolsey's struggle)

But it's not a new struggle for him. When Woolsey was on Atlantis before, the episode with Jack, he began questioning "the book". Also in that other episode in SG1 where IOA members were attacked by super-bugs (forget which season that was). He seems to want to desperately cling to an instruction manual that outlines, step by step, how something should happen. Then he realizes that reality doesn't always work that way. He's historically had trouble with this.

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
So far so good IMO. I wasn't sure exactly how I'd feel but so far I actually really like him as commander.

MIZA
July 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
it is very uncertain as to the success of this mission with Woosely in charge, i think there will be a mutiny

Amalthea
July 20th, 2008, 08:41 PM
To start off with, I've loved Picardo since Innerspace. (If you haven't seen it, you'll likely need a VCR, but it's awesome and worth it).

Woolsey's entrance was perfect for his character. Antisocial and not really a typical leader. I don't think he ever pictured himself as a leader either. And then, he's put into a position where he has to figure out what's the right thing to do. It came down to a choice between the rules and humanity. Follow the rules or save a life. That's an incredible character building exercise. I, for one, loved him! I expect really great things this season.

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2008, 08:43 PM
it is very uncertain as to the success of this mission with Woosely in charge, i think there will be a mutiny

IDK he seems to get along with Shep but if he takes Rodney's porn away there's gonna be killin!;)

foggygirl
July 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM
For me the jury is still out on Woolsey as the new leader of Atlantis. IMO his introduction to the base and fans fell sort of flat though. When Sam arrived last season she ended up going out on an op to rescue Sheppard's team from the Wraith in "Reunion".

sweetsamurai
July 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
I would like to see Jack's reaction when he is told that Woolsey has been placed in Command over Sam, haha!

He of all people, has seen Woolsey in action on Atlantis, in "Return Pt1 and Pt2".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woolsey: General! General!
Jack O'Neill: [peeking around a corner] And if I'm a replicator?
Woolsey: Then I've just exposed my position.
Jack O'Neill: Again!
Woolsey: I'm sorry I'm not very good at this.

Constanza
July 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
I was expecting a little more conflict in there… but, so far, so good… he did it well.

Oka
July 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Woolsey was great. Picardo is the best actor on SGA and there is no doubt in my mind that will be a great commander.

I suspect a lot of people dislike him because he's not exactly the best looking actor out there. But as I said he's the best actor on SGA right now.

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
I would like to see Jack's reaction when he is told that Woolsey has been placed in Command over Sam, haha!

He of all people, has seen Woolsey in action on Atlantis, in "Return Pt1 and Pt2".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woolsey: General! General!
Jack O'Neill: [peeking around a corner] And if I'm a replicator?
Woolsey: Then I've just exposed my position.
Jack O'Neill: Again!
Woolsey: I'm sorry I'm not very good at this.
I think Jack would not be happy.

Ripple in Space
July 22nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
I think Jack would not be happy.

I don't know, I got the feeling that Jack felt better about having Carter, Daniel & Teal'c on Earth's front line rather than elsewhere. Plus, I get the impression that both Jack's Office of Homeworld Security & the IOA each have to sign off on SGC & Atlantis' major decisions (the IOA funding it & stocking its' scientists & Jack's Office issuing the actual military commands, being at least Shep's direct superior).

Jill_Ion
July 23rd, 2008, 06:19 AM
A little less conflict in the first Woolsey as commander administrator of Atlantis then I wanted but otherwise he's panning out just as I hoped he would.

It was nice to see the meeting between him and the senior staff/Ronon. That's what I wanted from Woolsey; Paper!!!

...Yes, I know I'm strange.

Nah, then I'd be strange too, and I'm just odd. ;)

I've been wondering for a few seasons where all the damn paper was. Hey, I'm all for saving trees and hurray for computers and tablet PCs and all, but c'mon, a few notes lying around?

"Stop blowing up 5/6ths of a solar system"

"Stick fighting w/ Ronon on Thursday"

"Step up McKay's meds"

"I loooooove you....(insert shippy name here)"

Squishy love e-mails doesn't quite work for me.

On topic, Woolsey was very good in this ep and I look forward to his character growth in the coming season.

Horcrux
July 28th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Woolsey did a great job in his first episode, the story seemed to be a boring one, and "Save money" episode but Picardo made it great and very entertaining, he is going to be a interesting leader. He nailed it whe he arrived on Atlantis, no big speech, get to work, im no your friend im your boss, in the meeting we have our meeting and be done with it. Thats woolsey, and i hope he doest become everyones friend on the base, that would suck.

Good job writters dont change woolsey.

Nobody0x00
July 31st, 2008, 03:29 AM
Picardo is a decent actor. But I would prefer to see Woolsey get fed to a Wraith, healed, then fed on again continously for a month before being disintergrated in some sort of ZPM overload accident.

I really don't like that character at all <.<