SGC power generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC power generation?

Sorry if this had been discussed already but something occurred to me while making some lunch; does the SGC use Naquadah generator[s] for primary/backup power supply? Such a thing would have been useful in situations such as the part in Lost City where Anubis cuts power to the base interrupting a dial-out sequence.
    Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Originally posted by DeLancey View Post
    Sorry if this had been discussed already but something occurred to me while making some lunch; does the SGC use Naquadah generator[s] for primary/backup power supply? Such a thing would have been useful in situations such as the part in Lost City where Anubis cuts power to the base interrupting a dial-out sequence.
    I believe naquadah generators arent used in the SGC, they use normal power for the stargate, and thats all they need, becaus they have backup generators and batterys in the Cheyenne mountain complex. But it would be a good idea to use Naquadah generators, much more efficient, and it wouldnt cost 7.2 billion a year to run the program.
    "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
      ...it wouldnt cost 7.2 billion a year to run the program.
      :O Thats a lotta money!
      Meh.

Comment

a naquahdah generator IS used. retrieving the naquahdah nessecary to run it would cost maybe a few millions.

Comment

but i thought in the episode with reese, the robot replicator girl. didn't general hammond and carter try to overload the generator to blow up the base

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
            wouldnt cost 7.2 billion a year to run the program.

Yeah, but can't they get Naquahdah off of Abydos, relatively cheaply?

Comment

The Abydos Stargate is either gone or inaccesible, so there is no way to go there and retrieve it unless we take a ship and there is still a possibility that there is none left.
              sigpic

Comment

We have a Naquadah mine and access to Naquadria (Either made by us or mined from Jonas's world). The reactor they were going to blow up wasn't a power reactor it was the bases nuclear self destruct device not much need to that to be Naquadah infused as they don't need it to blow up half of the US.

I think we have seen the Naqudah generators of the SGC before but I can't remember the episode.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                  I think we have seen the Naqudah generators of the SGC before but I can't remember the episode.
                  I think the episode you are thinking of is the one in which Teal'c (and later Daniel) are in the simulator chair thingies playing the 'game'.

Teal'c and Daniel are trying to beat the game and the game throws in a new challenge; a goa'uld in the form of either sam/jack/seiler is trying to destroy the base by overloading a naquadah geneartor...

but anyway, i dont think the SGC uses the generators, but they must keep a few around which are about to be transported off world or for other unknown or random reasons...=D

K_ot_W
                  ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                    Yeah, but can't they get Naquahdah off of Abydos, relatively cheaply?
                    7.2 billion is for a year using normal current and it involves the pay checks and food and other stuff, so... about half of it is used for the power, because the stargate requires much of it, hmm..... or was it 7.2 billion just to turn on the lights in the cheyenne mountain complex for a year.
                    well i dont quite remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
                      I think the episode you are thinking of is the one in which Teal'c (and later Daniel) are in the simulator chair thingies playing the 'game'.

Teal'c and Daniel are trying to beat the game and the game throws in a new challenge; a goa'uld in the form of either sam/jack/seiler is trying to destroy the base by overloading a naquadah geneartor...

but anyway, i dont think the SGC uses the generators, but they must keep a few around which are about to be transported off world or for other unknown or random reasons...=D

K_ot_W
                      your right, SGC doesnt use the generators, for some unknown reason, they are just stored in the SGC, in closets and stuff.

Comment

Isn't Naquadah used in the construction of 303s? If so I'm not sure that getting it is such an issue now especially with the 'current' state of the galaxy.
                        Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLancey View Post
                          Isn't Naquadah used in the construction of 303s? If so I'm not sure that getting it is such an issue now especially with the 'current' state of the galaxy.

no trinium is used.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            no trinium is used.
                            mmm you're right, trinium is used to make up the hull of the ship bit i also believe naquadah is used for power generation and the hyperdrive (well our old one anyway, before we got the asgard hyperdrives)

K_ot_W
                            ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

naquahdah is essential in goauld based technology: rings for instance. and i can see it being used in the powergrid

Comment

Working...
                              X