Season 5 & Movies

Another user supplied this list in the thread for the order to watch:
    The Gathering
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season 3
    Season 4
    In The Beginning
    Season 5 (up to/including 'Movements of Fire and Shadow')
    Thirdspace
    Season 5 (up to/including 'Wheel of Fire')
    River of Souls
    Season 5 (remainder)
    Call to Arms
    Legend of the Rangers

My only question is (since that is production order): Could I go ahead and do season 5 in full before I go to the movies? (Besides The Gathering, obviously)

I just don't want spoilers or anything like that to ruin the fluidity

Originally posted by BigR View Post
    Another user supplied this list in the thread for the order to watch:
    The Gathering
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season 3
    Season 4
    In The Beginning
    Thirdspace
    River of Souls
    Season 5 (remainder)
    Call to Arms
    Legend of the Rangers

My only question is (since that is production order): Could I go ahead and do season 5 in full before I go to the movies? (Besides The Gathering, obviously)

I just don't want spoilers or anything like that to ruin the fluidity
    I'd suggest this.
    The Gathering
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season 3
    Season 4
    "In the Beginning"
    "Thirdspace"
    Season 5
    "River of Souls"
    "A Call to Arms"
    "The Legend of the Rangers"
    "The Lost Tales"

So yeah, besides In the Beginning and Thirdspace (which were made between Seasons 4 and 5 anyway), you should watch all of Season 5 before watching the rest of the movies.

Enjoy the television masterwork that is Babylon 5!!!
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
      Enjoy the television masterwork that is Babylon 5!!!
      I'm up to season 4, I have a thread on this forum from when I started watching it lol. Never did reply back in that thread, it gave me a spoiler

Comment

Yeah I watched it in exactly the order Ulkesh47 described and it worked perfectly for me. Don't forget Crusade in between A Call to Arms and Legend of the Rangers.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
          The Gathering
          Season 1
          Season 2
          Season 3
          Season 4
          In The Beginning
          Thirdspace
          River of Souls
          Season 5 (remainder)
          Call to Arms
          Legend of the Rangers
          I don't post on the B5 board that often, but that really looks like a list I wrote.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Depends on how you want to watch B5. If you don't mind being spoiled about future events, then chronologically the order to watch stuff is:

In the Beginning
            The Gathering
            Season 1
            Season 2
            Season 3
            Season 4
            Thirdspace (should be watched right after the end of the Shadow War arc)
            Season 5
            River of Souls
            Thirdspace
            Call to Arms
            Crusade
            Legend of the Rangers
            Lost Tales
            Season 5 Finale

That is the correct chronological order that B5 should be watched in, but if you don't want to be spoiled and want to watch stuff in the order that it aired:

The Gathering
            Season 1
            Season 2
            Season 3
            Season 4
            Thirdspace (it aired after season four but for chronology's sake and since there's no spoilers, watch it after the end of the Shadow War Arc)
            Season 5 (and finale)
            River of Souls
            Call to Arms
            Crusade
            Legend of the Rangers
            Lost Tales

Also there are several novels that are considered canon. I don't remember the exact names of those novels (I used to have them but I don't know if I still do or not), but the ones I can remember are: There's one about Sinclair (written by JMS's wife I believe, could be mistaken about that) and what happened to him after season 1. There's a trilogy about the origins of the PSI Corps and what happens to Bester after season 5, there's a trilogy about Galen and the Technomages (read after having watched Crusade), and novelizations of In the Beginning, Thirdspace and I think A Call to Arms.

As mentioned, all above novels are considered part of the series canon (there are some others too but they're really bad and break with canon), JMS himself has said that the stories told in those novels will NOT be told in any other format because, well, they're already told. There are also a few graphic novels which I think are considered canon that were written by JMS himself but I was never able to get my hands on them because they went out of print by the time I got into B5.
            That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
            X