Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download season 5 eps from itunes if in Aust?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download season 5 eps from itunes if in Aust?

Does anyone know if there is a legitimate way to download Season 5 episodes of SGA from itunes, if you live in Australia?

The season doesn't exist in the "Australia Itunes Store" only in the US... I try to sign up, and when it asks for my bank details, the address is locked in to America...

Thanks,

Daniel

US iTunes are only available to download within the US. Sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

The response that you'd get from Apple or Amazon or any other place where you may be able to get a legit download of Stargate Atlantis will be that the episodes are copyrighted and unavailable to people in Australia. This answer is correct but incomplete. I did an entire university assignment on this last year and read every single trade agreement, relevant copyright act and treaty, and essentially what they all say is that it's up to the owner of the copyright who gets to air something and until the rightsholder (MGM) allows the rights to be broadcast by someone else (iTunes Australia, for instance), you haven't a hope in hell of seeing it in any legitimate form. The money being exchanged is big and unless there's more money for MGM in allowing legal downloads, it's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by holden_teen View Post
        Does anyone know if there is a legitimate way to download Season 5 episodes of SGA from itunes, if you live in Australia?

The season doesn't exist in the "Australia Itunes Store" only in the US... I try to sign up, and when it asks for my bank details, the address is locked in to America...

Thanks,

Daniel
        Legitimate......nop

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
        X