PDA

View Full Version : Who watches SG-1 on a daily basis?

Asgard_Thor
July 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I just wanted to know who watches the show on a daily basis..
whether you watch random episodes, or if you watch them in a fixed manner...
I have all 10 seasons on dvd, and i have been watching 1 episode almost every day since march, starting on children of the gods obviously. and tonight I am watching episode 6.07 - Shadow play.

Anyone else doing anything similar?

naamiaiset
July 14th, 2008, 09:40 PM
sg-1 reruns are shown here on a daily basis, but other than that I watched seasons 1 - 3 in a row once because I was catching up on episodes I missed.

morjana
July 14th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I have all 10 seasons on dvd, and i have been watching 1 episode almost every day since march, starting on children of the gods obviously. and tonight I am watching episode 6.07 - Shadow play.

I do, especially since SciFi Channel began the daily rotation episodes, and then I also watch the weekend syndicated episodes...and now and then I watch my DVDs, or the earlier seasons I taped off of Showtime (they're interesting because of the old commercials featuring Chris Judge).

Gabriel_Lecter
July 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I can't get enough of SG1.
I watch it every night before bed.
I've seen every episode dozens of times.
I'm so obsessed others would probably consider it sad.
But everyone has their own passions that inspire them.
And it's certainly not like I don't have a life.
I'm successful in business, close to my family and have many friends.
I just really like watching SG1 haha

jnolan
July 14th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I don't watch it everyday but several times a week.

Nikki
July 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Yep...SkyOne show like four episodes a day...so I watch at least one if not all (until they hit S9/10 - then I stop). :)

Elite Anubis Guard
July 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Theyre back to season 1 now. :-)

Nikki
July 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM

I know! Love seeing it all from the beginning again! :)

x303
July 15th, 2008, 01:32 AM

yeah sky one play like 6 episodes in 1 day but its only the 2 that come on at 6pm on skytwo that are furhtest along. whatever gets played then is then repeated on skyone the next day at 3pm and the reapeated again on skyone the next at 10pm.

this is second the loop, it did seasons 1-9 like that and then it looped back to season 1 then it got to season 9 now its back to season 1.

sucks that they dont show u season 10 in the loop.

by the time u get to 9 u say i wont watch the old ones coz they're old and u've seen em. but then its been so long since u seen them that u want to watch them again!

robthebarman
July 15th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Hi!
Good old Sky One, watching Thor's Hammer from season 1 as we type! Hopefully over the next few months will catch every episode up to season 9 - again! And hopefully they'll loop back and replay Atlantis from season 1 again soon and get to the end of season 4 in time for season 5 premier!

*subrosa*
July 15th, 2008, 02:39 AM
umm yeah... I think I watch SG1 almost on daily basis at least...didn't get to watch an episode yesterday and the day before that, but whenever I get bored, I watch Stargate, whether it's SG1 or Atlantis, that doesn't really matter to me, usually an episode just pops into mind and I just want to watch it right then and there.

rens14
July 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I don't watch it every day but usually 4 or 5 stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis) episodes a week

SG-Fan5
July 15th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I used to during school when I had a schedule, but now during break, I don't really have a schedule, and everything I do is usually spontaneous, or last minute.

JaffaGirl
July 15th, 2008, 03:54 AM
i too do it...errm...somewhat, usually 5 episodes a week, a tvchannel here in sweden shows sg-1 on a daily basis, on weekdays, this shows, at least i thinks so, that its a great show.

shivna
July 15th, 2008, 07:02 AM
i watched them all from 1.1 to 10.20

Murcielago
July 15th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I don't watch every day, but I get in at the least 1-2 episodes a week.

queen_hathor
July 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I don't watch them religiously but they're on all of the time on Sky here in the UK, so I usually catch a few minutes a day, even if not a full episode :D

supersoldier34
July 15th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Most every day on the Sci-Fi channel when i can and on syndicate on the weekends.

UltimateChosenOne
July 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I watch it a lot. Sometimes I take a few days a break. I tend to have dreams about it, which is awesome. I'm on SG1 fighting the bad guys, lol.

But I watch it as much as I can.

It's such a cool show, how can you not.

stargater1990
July 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
i try to watch it every day because they show it on scifi channel at 5:00pm(CT) every day of the week. actually right now their showing stargate atlantis at 4:00pm and sg1 at 5:00pm.

darth bigron
July 15th, 2008, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=Åsgard_Thor;8573189]I just wanted to know who watches the show on a daily basis..

Anyone else doing anything similar?[/QUOTE

i watched 2-3 episodes a day when I'm cooking dinner but my wife has started complaining. i have watched them from start to finish both sg1 and atlantis. but sometimes i pick a story line and start there like the other day i watched the end of season 10 then ark of truth before watching continuum. which is excellent if you haven't seen it yet.

dmbjohn
July 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM
every time I can, I try to catch it when on scifi. so I would say 5 or six days a week

Jackie
July 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I watch about 1 ep (rerun) a week, which is planty for me. I don't watch much TV to begin with.

carrollwoman
July 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Got to love Sky One - I hope they show season 10 when they get around to it this time! I've got most of the dvd's but still like to watch it 'live' - just seems better!

Channel 4 also show one or two episodes on a wednesday night (very early thursday morning) currently showing End of Season 8 Moebius part 2 this week. Always tired on a thursday because of that!

shanksfan840
July 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I usually catch the re-runs on scifi everyday. Atlantis at 4 and SG1 at 5. However...I watch something stargate everynight while in bed. Currently it's SGA season 4, which is a problem because I don't want to go to sleep. I just finished a round of SG1 season 1-10 then Ark of Truth. I almost always watch them in order. I've done this I don't know how many times, but my husband gets mad now because I know the dialog and sometimes talk with the show, while in bed, while he's trying to either sleep or watch it too. I know, kind of sad. What can I say, I love me some gate.:D

Mandysg1
July 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I watch them on the Space Channel (Canadian scifi channel) Monday to Thursday (they don't show it on Fridays). But when they get to s9, I skip it, until they are back to s1 ;)

queen_hathor
July 15th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I've got most of the dvd's but still like to watch it 'live' - just seems better!
I know what you mean, it's not quite the same on DVD :lol:

my husband gets mad now
My fella won't watch more than a couple of episodes at a time now, he just rolls his eyes at me .... it was him that got me into it lol. :)

vankerck
July 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I go through phases where I'm completely and utterly addicted to SG1. It's kind of embarrassing, really! I've been rewatching all my DVDs. I currently own seasons 1-8 and just ordered seasons 9-10, although I didn't like them as much. I miss O'Neill and don't like the Ori. I'm at season 6 now. I'll watch as many episodes as I can each night. I think DH is getting sick of it. Actually, I *know* he's getting sick of it! Then I watch videos on YouTube and read some of the Fandemonium books. There's also nothing else on tv right now, maybe things will change when the Fall tv season starts up again...

But really, it was such a good show. It's been interesting watching it again starting with season 1. I had forgotten how Daniel used to call Sam "Doctor" or "Captain" in the beginning. And I haven't noticed Teal'c saying "indeed" as much as I remember. Or am I so used to it that I don't notice anymore? LOL

Gate Rider
July 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Almost every day on scifi and I also watch the DVDs quite often.

Benja
July 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM
i watch SG-1 5 days a week (and some of 5 episodes on the 6th day:])
doing it for 8 months already today will watch 905

queen_hathor
July 15th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I go through phases where I'm completely and utterly addicted to SG1. It's kind of embarrassing, really! I've been rewatching all my DVDs. I currently own seasons 1-8 and just ordered seasons 9-10, although I didn't like them as much. I miss O'Neill and don't like the Ori. I'm at season 6 now. I'll watch as many episodes as I can each night. I think DH is getting sick of it. Actually, I *know* he's getting sick of it! Then I watch videos on YouTube and read some of the Fandemonium books. There's also nothing else on tv right now, maybe things will change when the Fall tv season starts up again...

But really, it was such a good show. It's been interesting watching it again starting with season 1. I had forgotten how Daniel used to call Sam "Doctor" or "Captain" in the beginning. And I haven't noticed Teal'c saying "indeed" as much as I remember. Or am I so used to it that I don't notice anymore? LOL
OMG, with the exception of fanfics you sound like me....were we seperated at birth??? :lol:

SpinningChevron
July 16th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I watch it sometimes depending on the episode but it is usually shown on t.v about 15-20 times a week so I am not going to watch that much, also most I have seen so many times I don't want to see them for a long time.

Sp!der
July 16th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I have to watch SG1 and Atlantis at least one episode a day...although I dont spend all the time and watching stargate ;)...have a job, go to school, job,school,stargate,eat,sleep,....
and with my new iPod I can even watch Stargate at School..ha!

vankerck
July 16th, 2008, 04:03 AM
OMG, with the exception of fanfics you sound like me....were we seperated at birth??? :lol:
Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone! :)

queen_hathor
July 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone! :)
Haha, not at all. I have tried reading fanfic (Harry Potter - I'm a bigger HP geek than Stargate) and I just can't get into it. At least I tried!! I do admire those who write it though, they (you?) have great imaginations and inspiration. *hats off* :)

My SG1 for today will start in 1hr25 mins when there are 2 episodes on which I can watch before my fella gets home :D (he's all SG1'd out atm lol)

Wendra4
July 16th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Yes, I do watch it every day. I can't help it. I've been watching it since it began and I am addicted. I can't help it, I love the characters.

Amelia Peabody
July 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I watch just about every day, whether it is a SciFi channel SGA or SG1 rerun or I put in one of my dvds to watch a favorite episode. OF course there also is The Ark of Truth choice, which I watch every couple weeks on average, if not more.

So yes, I'd say I watch it every day. lol

lommit
July 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
stargate is a drug! u cant stop watc it, really is to atticting.
i remember when i was done with seson 10 before AOT came out, and i would lie in my bed as just think what would happend and just think of wacky stories. and when Aot my mind went more crazy, at the end of the movie carter says there is allways a bad guy. so i was like ohhh wonder what kinda enemy they would meet next.

soo after sleepless nights i rewatch the show and it's sooo WOW!! i was like okay now i have seen 6 eps, i should stop and save some tomorrow, but nehh one more wouldn't hurt. but after the second time u really get more stuff, like wow that was new,oh i didnt remember that. is just such a great show.

when i started with atlantis, i became more happy. i love to take a ride in the stargate realm, wish i was with ronan and killed some wraiths. And seson 4 is on dvd, so i cant wait to get it.

i live in norway and we dont have any channels that shows stargate that offen, well we have one. but i cant get the channel. :(

vankerck
July 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Haha, not at all. I have tried reading fanfic (Harry Potter - I'm a bigger HP geek than Stargate) and I just can't get into it. At least I tried!! I do admire those who write it though, they (you?) have great imaginations and inspiration. *hats off* :)

I just read it. I don't have nearly enough imagination or talent to write it! Some fanfic is better than others. The last Fandemonium book I read was a little disappointing. I find DietCokeChic's Barista series (http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/BaristaSeries.html) and Sally Reeve (http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html)'s stories to be pretty good (she also wrote a few of the published books under the name Sally Malcolm) and pretty true to cannon, although Reeves is a S/J shipper, so you have to be into that. I've also read a ton of crappy fan fiction.

Ackeb
July 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Watch SG-1 almost daily usually season by season (skipping the bad eps) If not SG-1 I see at least one Atlantis episode a day. Got to have my stargate fix :jack_new_anime18:

gater62
July 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I used to watch it every day on SciFi until my husband began to complain...very loudly. Now that I have summer vacation, I watch episodes while on the treadmill in the morning. No particular order. Sometimes I watch what is being currently discussed on my favorite threads, sometimes I pick episodes that I feel I haven't seen in awhile. I also love to read fanfic, watch vids, and read the fandomonium books when I can get them. My family says I'm obsessed with the show, and I'm fine with that! :P

Crichiel
July 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
My DVR is set to record it on Sci-Fi, so I watch those episodes every day. Then on Saturdays, the kids and I pick two episodes to watch. Then there are days where I feel like specific episodes or seasons and will sit and watch those.

So I have averaged at LEAST one episode a day for the last two years, and that doesn't include Atlantis. :)

Ulkesh47
July 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I watch an episode of SG-1 every weekday. I have almost all of the DVDs and am watching them in order. I just saw "Enemies"!

L E E
July 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM

I do. Because I am new to the fandom. So everything is new to me. I'm seeing every episode for the first time.

I average 3 episodes a day. I started in June this year. I just finished 3 episodes of Season 6 disc 3 last night. Paradise lost was one of the eps I watched last night and it's a really great episode!

Ellaneshka
July 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Everyday, and proud of it!

=SGA=Jason_Binn
July 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
hmmm i just pick a season and then watch the whole thing, either in order or random

Space Monkey
July 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
When I first bought the series on DVD I watched seasons 7 - 10 in order as I had not seen most of them. I now watch random episodes, whatever I'm in the mood for. I watch at least one episode a day (either SG-1 or Atlantis). Last night I watched Meridian. Haven't decided what to watch tonight.

Bee11
July 25th, 2008, 03:45 PM
i TRY to watch atleast an episode a day on sky one or sky two

i NEED my fix
but 'cos i keep missing episodes i end up watching them in sort of random order on sky and i kinda missed several story lines

madaline_7
July 25th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I usually average 1 or 2 a day. Except on Fridayswith new SGA... then I am usually at 3. :)

Sometimes I will watch what I have recorded on my DVR in order, or if my babes want to watch a certain episode, I'll put it in.

I'm a jumper... For instance today was Enity and then Birthright... see! No order at all. :D

Angelgrinder
July 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Here in Sweden TV show SG-1 ever Monday to Friday, so I watch SG-1 5 days a week, always something!

The6thRace
July 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I too am a somewhat new fan, having only starting watching this series some 4 odd months ago or so. So yeah, I've watched them all, but I'm also rewatching them again.

pritnep
July 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Currently as I'm re-watching SG-1 at the moment, it's been at least one episode a day so far. :)

DOUG-O
July 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Every day mon-fri on SCIFI

Agua Moose
July 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I watch all the reruns that are on Sky 1 and 2

sweetsamurai
July 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I watch it all the time! I just finished watching the first episode all the way to the end of season ten! One episode every night, lol. I have every concievable boxset and film, except Continuum because it's not out yet, though, cheeky me, I do have it on disc! And Atlantis - just ordered boxset 4!

Shall watch AOT tonight!

I have it on when I tidy up my room,lol.

sweetsamurai
July 26th, 2008, 10:36 AM
i TRY to watch atleast an episode a day on sky one or sky two

i NEED my fix
but 'cos i keep missing episodes i end up watching them in sort of random order on sky and i kinda missed several story lines

Like I just said, I watched them all in a row. I recommend watching them from start to finish- it just seems a lot more fun that way. You kind of travel like the team does.

Get them on DVD - out of all my DVD collection - those discs are used the most - it's worth buying!

CaramelMonkey
March 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
I try to, as much as I can, but I still have school and stuff, and I'm a good girl. I study. :D

AnnieS
March 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
I try to watch both SG1 and or Atlantis everyday depending on my work schedule. For example on a day that I work a late shift, I can watch Atlantis in the morning and or afternoon. And if I work the day shift, then I can watch SG1 in the evening. But on a day when I have the day off (like today) I am able to watch both shows (Atlantis twice and now SG1):D!!!!

Rocky89
March 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Since I'm having my own little Stargate marathon, I'm gonna watch every single episode of Stargate starting with the original movie until EatG :). I watch it every night at midnight ;). I'm now in S2 of SG-1 ;).

queen_hathor
March 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I used to watch it every day on SciFi until my husband began to complain...very loudly.

<snip>
My family says I'm obsessed with the show, and I'm fine with that! :P
LOL, I know that feeling unfortunately!! :( :S

daedalus91
March 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Me, i usually watch about 2-5 episodes a day. From my DVD collection of course and when it gets to the end i watch AOT & Continum. Then i watch the extras :D
After all that is done i start from Season 1 and end on Continum again :)

Butlersgate
March 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
i am currently in the middle of a marathon and i watch about 3 episodes a day

Ksya
March 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
You see what I do is look at the episode summaries and watch the ones that seem important or interesting. So when I am bored and want to watch an ep that I haven't seen before, I have it.

Ziel
March 11th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I watch every day I can, watching good episodes that I haven't seen in a while.

Crichiel
March 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I WAS watching them on a semi-daily basis. My DVR is set to record it whenever it is on Sci-Fi. But I recently dropped cable, so now just watch my DVDs randomly.

jrd231
March 13th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I don't watch them every day, I go through spurts. The thread about which season was the best has me watching season 3 right now. When I finish, I'll start on season 4. The great thing about SG1 is that there are 10 seasons and over 200 episodes, so it's easy to continously watch episodes. At the rate I'm going it'll take me months and months to watch every episode over again. At that point I can take a break or start over. I mean, I've seen every episode, and almost every one I've seen at least a half dozen times.

Although I have the entire SG1 set, a few months ago I popped in a disc from season 7 and watched an ep I thought I had seen and halfway through I realized I had never seen it before. I was so excited to be watching an episode I had never seen and couldn't wait to see how it ended!

Replicator Todd
March 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I attempt to watch SG1 when it is on Sci-Fi everyday, except for an episode i've seen way too many times.

queen_hathor
March 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM
i've seen way too many times.
Is that possible? :P

jelgate
March 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Is that possible? :P

Yes for those subpar episode. I'm looking at you Empacpation and Urgo.

Egle01
March 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM
When I'm in the mood I watch it as often as possible. Currently I'm doing my kind of SG-1 re-watch - I'm watching those eps I've seen only once or a few times. Of course plus those eps you just can't skip ("Lost City", "Reckoning" etc :D). I'm gonna watch "Threads" tonight.

There's one TV channel in Estonia showing SG, but SG-1 ended in January and I'm not that keen on SGA.

DSG1
March 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I watch the reruns on the sci-fi channel everyday. They are showing season 9 right now. Altho I have all the DVD's I haven't rewatched them as much. I dont want to know them by heart. ;)

fyere
March 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I watch reruns on the Space Channel (Canada), unless it's a particularly boring one. Shows in the morning and the evening, and they added SGA on a daily basis, too! :D

DSG1
March 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I have no station that shows Atlantis. :(

Commander Aegir
March 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Everyday if possible. Mainly sam/jack episodes :D

Ksya
March 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
I like shippy episodes, they make me feel all nice inside :D

Anda
March 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Now I'm curently rewatching season 8.When it ends I think I'll start again from season 1 to Continium and then from season 1 to 5 from Atlantis.

Ksya
March 25th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I now watched all of the episodes in my DVDs, now I'm bored. :(

CaramelMonkey
March 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Aw, I don't have the time. With school and everything...yeah, I don't have the time! :P

Amaunet
March 29th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Well I haven't watched many SG1 episodes in the last couple of years until Jan/Feb of this year, where I started a re-watch...I'm currently watching Avalon p2, so I've got a fair way. :)

NormaN
March 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I do! I try to watch at least one or two episodes a day.

kennythewraith
March 29th, 2009, 09:33 PM
i watch everyday when i decide to watch sg1 all the way through which lately i have been doing...i havent had a job since graduating until yesterday and my clases dont take up that much time so i had plenty of time to watch it.

Starbreaker
March 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I've just started watching the show regularly and have watched a couple of episodes of day since last week. I'll probably get all the way through the series watching at least one episode a night.

jrd231
April 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
I watched season 3 a while back, and then moved into season 4. I try to watch every day, but it doesn't always happen. I've seen every episode a dozen times, though, so I just watch the seasons casually now.

Tozlator
April 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Im a student with nothing better to do (than write my dissertation that is) and Sky One have started showing 2 eps a day, you do the math lol.

The Stig
April 2nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Not a daily basis but every now and then

Rac80
April 29th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I usually watch one ep a day... so much of what is on tv today simply stinks!

VSS
April 29th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I usually watch one ep a day... so much of what is on tv today simply stinks!

Amen to that! I cancelled my pay TV and just stream hulu into the TV set, pick up the rest on DVD, itunes or netflix.
And now I watch an episode a day because I have to. ;)

The Stig
May 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I have just started to again.

Naomi
May 10th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Not everyday, but at least once a month. Sometimes, I go on SG-1, and SGA binges, where I check the weather and news for a few minutes, and then watch nothing except SG-1, and SGA.

Vyse99
May 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I've been watching a few eps per day in order.

Ulkesh47
May 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I watch at least an episode a day, but once in a while I won't have time and I go into Stargate withdrawl.

Cak20
May 14th, 2009, 01:21 AM
i watch it every day when i'm at my dads because my mum doesn't have any thing exept a freeveiw box
:(

Polar Bear
May 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I used to watch 3-7 episodes a day when I got SG-1 but I would get so wrapped up in the storyline and the characters that I would freak out if something bad happened. And I had a melt down when I finished the show. So, for Atlantis, I watch the show 3-4 times a week. I still freak out though. I still care too much. :p

fwupow
May 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
It's a seasonal thing for me. Once I start watching from the beginning, I tend to keep watching them because one leads into another.

I encoded all 10 seasons of DVDs into DIVX and have a portable DVD player with USB connected hard-drive next to my bed. This makes it really easy for me to watch SG-1 like a vegetated binge viewer (no disc changing and no opening/closing credit sequences). It was a lot of work but worth it!

BTW, I just watched 1,1_The Enemy Within and I guess I never appreciated how good Jay Acovone was at playing a Goauld. And they way Amanda threw herself against the back of the elevator! Only young and poor actors have that much enthusiasm.

I guess the bad guys are always extra bad in the beginning and mellow out as a series progresses. It's time to change that up. Let's be different for a change. Let's have the evil villains get even more meaner, nastier and hell bent as time goes by. After all, they don't want the civility that humans are trying to bring to their neck of the woods. The more the humans win, the more bent out of shape they should get.

Ulkesh47
May 19th, 2009, 06:08 AM
And they way Amanda threw herself against the back of the elevator! Only young and poor actors have that much enthusiasm.
I read somewhere that that stunt resulted in a real-life concussion for Amanda Tapping... :sam34:

jelgate
May 19th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I read somewhere that that stunt resulted in a real-life concussion for Amanda Tapping... :sam34:

Source?

Ulkesh47
May 19th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Source?
Well, I can't remember. This is where I heard it the second time... http://www.sg1web.com/eps_db.php?set=one-03

drewandian
June 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
I used to just pop in a dvd and watch from start to finish while hanging out with my boys on my maternity leave with #2...til my five year old (he was 2 or 3 at the time) started humming the theme while he was playing...lol...then i stopped for a while, but still watch 3 or 4 eps a week...

tedpon
November 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
from AXN every day,.recorded and watch that nite,..great catching up on missed episodes,...QUESTION! does anybody else think that SGA promo stuff looks like the team is a BOYBAND with those awful infant hair styles,.it used to be called a COCKS COMBE [ the roosters head dress or red flap],and worn by very young babys,.and it seems that the only indestructable thing on the show is captains[ his name escapes me] stupid hairstyle,.i know its set in the future but you would think hairdressers would have moved on from this type of quiff,.it seems that the producers are after a different audience of the type that follow WEST LIFE ,.BOYZONE,N TAKE THAT,.but these are only kids and mainly girls so the show is not going to attract that type of market,.im glad it cancelled, [with good reason]so i hope the same mistake dosent happen with SGU,. ,.good riddiance to SGA,.,.

Pharaoh Atem
November 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM
not me

Stu
November 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Guilty as charged. I started with the original movie, then Season 1 and am currently halfway through Season 7. Sometimes it's one episode per day but usually more :) I learn't my lesson about over doing it though...

Jeff-B
November 8th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I just have the DVR set to record SG1 and Atlantis every time it comes on Syfy. Then, a couple times a week I'll watch a few episodes from it. It's about time they finally started showing episodes regularly besides late Saturday nights though.

General Jumper One
November 8th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I do!!!! I got the complete series box set so I can watch from the beginning to the end of the series. And when I reach season 8 I start on Atlantis to then watch the movies, then start over!:jack::tealc::sam::cameron::vala::jonas::hammond::sheppard::mckay::weir::ro nan::teyla::ford::beckett:

Jeff O'Connor
November 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I do, though mostly because my girlfriend is watching the franchise for the first time. I'm quite enjoying it, though. There are a lot of episodes early on I haven't seen since I first caught them during the four-every-Monday rotations on Sci-Fi.

WishIwasJoes
November 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I have the box set and watch a few a day. :D Love jack.

VSS
November 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM
We do. Between SG-1 and SGA Joel Goldsmith pretty much provides the background music in our house.

yessika
November 10th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I watch at least one episode a day, and once a week my friends and I get together and watch Stargate

AresLover452
November 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
We do. Between SG-1 and SGA Joel Goldsmith pretty much provides the background music in our house.

I used to, Now I have the DVD's i will sit for hours and just watch SG-1 and SGA goodness

DigiFluid
November 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Lately, yes. But then, I am in the midst of a re-watch :)

CaramelMonkey
November 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I do!
And it's exam season, too...
I have one tomorrow, in fact. o.O
:P

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
November 12th, 2009, 12:25 AM
i started watching old episodes starting from season one. but i was online and i found some old archives from gateworld using webarchive.org and i found that in Season Eight there was supposed to be a 6- Main Character cast and that the characters names were Colonel Kyle Hooper and Dr. Maggie Greer. here is the page. http://web.archive.org/web/20031206091839/www.gateworld.net/news/generalnews.html

personally im glad they went with just the SG-1 Team for Season Eight. i couldn't take anyone serious with a name like Hooper.

Jeff O'Connor
November 12th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, I remember looking at some of those articles back before I even became a member here. I just had a serious nostalgia overload.

Anon
November 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I do

WishIwasJoes
November 12th, 2009, 12:30 PM

My husband does that too. He loves the movies and aways has them on while in his office here at home working.

missmobius
November 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Yup I do, I watch SG1, 7 am, SGA 8 am, SG1 repeats 6 pm, SGA 7 pm and sometimes if I'm up late I watch the SG1 11:30 p.m. repeat also!

Joel Goldsmith provides my background music every chance I get, I have the themes on my itunes, I also have the lyrics if anyone is interested:

Stargate SG1 theme song lyrics:

Stargate it’s a great big world
With a great big swirl
And you step inside
To another world

We’re talking Stargate
It’s a crazy trip
You can go quite far
And you don’t need a car
Or even a ship

There’s Colonel O’Neill and Carter
and Daniel and Teal’c
Look out
For that
Goo goo goo goo goo goo goo goo goo goo goo goa’uld

yessika
November 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
^^
I love those lyrics!!

Mrs. Daniel Jackson
November 12th, 2009, 05:06 PM
guilty! :D
I've only known about Stargate since July, but tend to watch about one a day, sometimes 5 or 6! :P thats right I have no life, im ok with that, i have Stargate! lol! :P

-Kat

yessika
November 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I've only known about Stargate since July, but tend to watch about one a day, sometimes 5 or 6! :P thats right I have no life, im ok with that, i have Stargate! lol! :P

-Kat

Yeah, I've watched 12 in a day so I get what you're saying.
Stargate is life! :jack:

missmobius
November 13th, 2009, 05:08 AM

-Kat

BIG SMILE @ U

You sound like my kind of people :D

I like this side better,

that other "darker" side *points finger* over there (I think you know what I mean) has too many people trying to crush my love of SG1!

(okay love is putting it mildly, shhhh I'm obsessed)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
November 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM
to me The Old SG-1 for me Ended With Season 8. The New SG-1 Stargate with season 9 started off Fresh With a New Colonel, A New General and a New Enemy. but to me SG-1 will always Be Colonel O'Neill and SG-1 and General Hammond (RIP Don and god rest his soul).

jelgate
November 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Not a daily basis. But I do watch it on a weekly basis.

Rac80
November 13th, 2009, 06:28 AM

same here... I find it very relaxing to cook to...

I do!
And it's exam season, too...
I have one tomorrow, in fact. o.O
:P

or study by! I will put the dvds in as I do housework or homework. :D vurrently nearly done with season 7 of my "great re-watch"...:D

Julia
November 16th, 2009, 03:08 AM
A few years ago I watched 4-8 episodes Stargate a day (instead of doing my homework, I think you can imagine my grades back then :) ) and later I did the same with Atlantis.
Now I don't watch it every day but a few times a week, always depending on how much I have to study and work ...

Xprojectd24
November 16th, 2009, 05:08 AM
A few years ago I watched 4-8 episodes Stargate a day (instead of doing my homework, I think you can imagine my grades back then :) ) and later I did the same with Atlantis.
Now I don't watch it every day but a few times a week, always depending on how much I have to study and work ...

I've been doing the same thing except that I have been watching them at night instead of during school hours. I just finished Sg-1 last night, so I have finished watching every single episode ever made.

Julia
November 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, sometimes I watched them at night too, but then I was really tired the next day and that also didn't improve my school work :)

Congrats on finishing! ;)

justanotherjen
November 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Sometimes I do watch it every day. More likely I go in spurts where I don't watch for a few days and then I watch a bajillion episodes in a 24 hour period.

I only started watching back in September on SyFy and then they had their whole Halloween programming for October which screwed up my daily viewing (I would record both SGA and SG1 and then watch after the kids went to bed so I could enjoy them).

Then I started watching on Hulu/fancast. I got through seasons 1-3 and half of 4 before I realized I was so hooked I had to just buy the DVDs. Which my husband let me get for an early Christmas gift (they came last week). Since then I've watched the rest of season 4 and I'm epi 9 of season 5.

The other day I watched like 7 episodes!

Yeah, I don't get much done around the house, the kids live off of crumbs they find on the floor (which tend to pile up since I can't find time to clean with my Stargate obsession) and they wear rags to school...lol

Mac Jackson
November 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Well, I can't remember. This is where I heard it the second time... http://www.sg1web.com/eps_db.php?set=one-03

I hope this helps: Jay Acavone told me at a Con that when he (Kawalsky posessed by the Goa'uld) slams her againt the wall in the elevator in the 3rd episode that he accidently hit her too hard and knocked her out. So what we see on film of her knocked out was really her knocked out! To this day she teases him about it:)

In answer to the topic: I watch SG-1 daily on SyFy and on Hulu while they have it:)

Carter1994
November 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Guilty as charged. Rarely do I let a day go by without watching a episode, or at least a clip.

What can I say? I'm obsessed. :D

Sp!der
November 17th, 2009, 09:35 AM
well currently im in a LOST rewatch and have seriousley no time for stargate (cause of studying besides watching LOST ;) ), so after Lost is done im planing of rewatching SGA again (Seriously never watched SGA completly in a row, so this is a first!) but LOST is so an intense show that even the weekly based shows are on hold for now ;) (except for SG:U of course), but for a while i would watched like every two or three days a sg1 episode ;)

Doctor Jackson
November 25th, 2009, 11:46 PM
At a mininum, around 5 episodes a month, at the most at least a few episodes a week. It depends on what show I'm addicted to at that time.

Colonel Maybourne
November 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I do sometimes a whole disc if I have nothing to do!

Tachyon
November 26th, 2009, 08:40 AM
During the last two months or so I have watched SG-1 in daily basis. :eek:

It just so happens that I have been in my SG zone lately. Tee hee.

es!
November 27th, 2009, 07:40 AM
During the last two months or so I have watched SG-1 in daily basis. :eek:

It just so happens that I have been in my SG zone lately. Tee hee.

Same here.
1-3 eps every day with seldom breaks when I have to learn :o

missmobius
November 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I hope this helps: Jay Acavone told me at a Con that when he (Kawalsky posessed by the Goa'uld) slams her againt the wall in the elevator in the 3rd episode that he accidently hit her too hard and knocked her out. So what we see on film of her knocked out was really her knocked out! To this day she teases him about it:)

In answer to the topic: I watch SG-1 daily on SyFy and on Hulu while they have it:)

ahhhh, thanks so much for that info,

I watch daily, I watch SG1 twice, and SGA once, sometimes twice if it's an exceptionally good episode.

But for sure I need a couple hours a day of my SG1, it soothes me, helps me escape this DRAMATIC life of mine filled with enough problems that if it weren't for some great TV fantasy scifi shows I would have to wonder what is the point of life, LOL.

I avoid anything that's too sad and overly dramatic, I already have that crap in my life.

missmobius
November 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Guilty as charged. Rarely do I let a day go by without watching a episode, or at least a clip.

What can I say? I'm obsessed. :D

you and me both, I can't live without my drug of choice, i.e. fantasizing that Sam and Jack are somewhere getting it on, :o

I just watched the "Into the Fire" where Jack/Sam/Daniel have been captured by Hathor

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1929/samjackbackless.jpg

Hathor builds a new army by brainwashing the Jaffa of other Goa'uld, and captures all of SG-1 except Teal'c. She creates an elaborate deception with a replica of the SGC and tries to convince SG-1 that they have woken in the future, in order to extract information from them. When this fails, she implants a symbiote into O'Neill, but he is saved by an undercover Tok'ra. Hathor's base is eventually assaulted by a force of rebel Jaffa led by Teal'c, Bra'tac, and General Hammond. Hathor is killed when O'Neill throws her unprotected into a cryogenic chamber.

I had never seen it before, as I'm new to the series (discovered it in Feb/09) and have been watching re-runs and my dvds trying hard to catch up.

Anyway I just saw for the first time the part where Sam is laying down only with a sheet on her and Jack comes in to "unplug" her and he looks at her hehehehhehee chest area, OMG OMG OMG, I thought I was going to explode!!!!!!!!!

Torzy86
November 27th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I watch an episode of SG1 or Atlantis at the end of every day (sometimes more if it has been a very bad day). I'm hooked.

Currently on season 4 of my Atlantis re-watch

Alan Wake
November 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I live and breath Stargate...

I can't go to sleep if I don't have an episode playing in the background.

Yes, I need help.

Niels Winther
November 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Ah mostly saturdays and sundays I watch my DVD's with SG-1...sometimes they sends eps in the tv, also watch those!!

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
For the longest time I sure did. Now, I try to watch at least 3 or 4 episodes a week. Sometimes more, but hardly ever less than that.