if they had the technology??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they had the technology??

if the aincents had the technology to create a time dialation field(epiphany, atlantis) then why didint they time dialate a ship building facility and build an armada to destroy the wraith.

or better yet time dialate a reaserch facility and put a few volenteeres inside to try and create some type of advanced wepon that could anialate the wraith once and for all. i mean sure they had drones but the aincents were a smart bunch and i have no doubt that if they put their mind to it they could make something even better.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Two posibilities:

1. Their morals were againt it. (unlikely)

2. They did, but in the end it didn;t do them much good. (likelier)

Comment

That would be a great idea for a show.
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Man power for the ships would've been a problem for them as they've been fighting the very costly war for a long time, Therefore its stupid to make ships and have no crews so that eventually when the Wraith come they get all those lovely unmanned ships and tech.

I couldn't imagine many people would volunter to be put in a time dialiation feild because as stated before you would loose alot of your life just being sat inside a bubble and away from the universe.

Materials are ussualy a big problem in wars and the faster the factory builds the faster the mines will have to work and having to many time dialation fields around one of them will fall into the hands of the Wraith.

Fear that the time dialation fields will fall into the hands of the Wraith would be enough to be very careful in there use, Imagine 1 minute there 10 hives over Atlantis and the next there 200 just because they used your own tech against you.
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
          That would be a great idea for a show.
          Narius: Journal Entry 1

The morale dude says we all ought to keep journals, says it relieves stress, i told him that that pouring hot sauce into Raya's soup at dinner does this better (up untill she bet the crap out 'o me).

But he still said I had to.

It's really not fair I didn't get to be captain, I bet janus starts his journals with "Captain's Starlog, Stardate XXX"... Aww finaly, I can stop wrighting, dinners' readdy. Hope it wasn't Carzon cooking again, last time the matter convered overloaded when we tried to use the bathroom.

Comment

Because then it would (again) make no sense that the Ancients lost... and we can't have that.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              Man power for the ships would've been a problem for them as they've been fighting the very costly war for a long time, Therefore its stupid to make ships and have no crews so that eventually when the Wraith come they get all those lovely unmanned ships and tech.

I couldn't imagine many people would volunter to be put in a time dialiation feild because as stated before you would loose alot of your life just being sat inside a bubble and away from the universe.

Materials are ussualy a big problem in wars and the faster the factory builds the faster the mines will have to work and having to many time dialation fields around one of them will fall into the hands of the Wraith.

Fear that the time dialation fields will fall into the hands of the Wraith would be enough to be very careful in there use, Imagine 1 minute there 10 hives over Atlantis and the next there 200 just because they used your own tech against you.

but i meant why didint they do that in the begining. when the wraith first started to attack?

and as for materials all they had to do was pick a planet with large supplies of whatever they made their ships out of and land a ship or use the stargate and send through eneough things to get it started and activate a time dialation device similar to that used in epiphany.

and how could they have been afraid that it might fall into the hands of the wraith since as long as they kept it active then the wraith cant get to it b/c the one in epiphany was presumably actice since the war with wraith era and it was still going strong so they could have made a few more just like that one but on worlds with materials to make ships.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

For the last bit your right, I was thinking of the Asgard ones were you can just fly into the bubble.

Now for the rest, The Ancients probably didn't realise they were going to loose the war for quiet some time during it. Even if they did they might not have had that technology availible to them at the start, But after researching it for such a reason they invented it a few year before the war ended and didn't have the time to implement it fully, And as they wouldn't have had many planets under there controll at that time they woulda had problems.

As already said maybe they did try it but in the end they lost miseably. I mean seriosly how the **** did they loose the war they were more advanced and had human fodder, Seriosly if I ever meet an Ancient general im gona have a *****ing sesion.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I have often thought as to why Oddessy didn't re-charge her shields in Unending when in the Time Dilation field??????

For the Ancients shipbuilding under TD, u would need a hell of alot of ZedPM's to power a field large enough to encompass a shipyard let alone shipyards for several hundred vessels. Also if they really wanted to make each and every Aurora count they too would have to have a ZedPM. So allready we're talking over 100 say for 100 ships plus the amount needed for such a large field-even for the Ancients this would be inpractical due to the amount of ZedPM's required.

a6346 I have said before that the Ancients knew little of war-all the Lantean-Wraith War would have needed would be a few high ranking SGC members (Or Asgard) to advise the Ancients on battle strategy and tactics then the Wraith would be flattened.

Comment

Because the ancients, like the asgard, in their superior knowledge, can't think up soemthing so simple.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                      I have often thought as to why Oddessy didn't re-charge her shields in Unending when in the Time Dilation field??????

For the Ancients shipbuilding under TD, u would need a hell of alot of ZedPM's to power a field large enough to encompass a shipyard let alone shipyards for several hundred vessels. Also if they really wanted to make each and every Aurora count they too would have to have a ZedPM. So allready we're talking over 100 say for 100 ships plus the amount needed for such a large field-even for the Ancients this would be inpractical due to the amount of ZedPM's required.

a6346 I have said before that the Ancients knew little of war-all the Lantean-Wraith War would have needed would be a few high ranking SGC members (Or Asgard) to advise the Ancients on battle strategy and tactics then the Wraith would be flattened.

if you look at the pic on my post youll see a crater, thats how big the time dialatiaon field was in epiphany and that was only powered by 1 zpm. think of how many aurora class ships you could fit in there.

and the orion an aurora class ship blew 1 wraith hive ship out of the water easily and it wasnt even at full power in no mans land or else it would have destroyed the other one. and they didint even have a zpm so you dont really need a zpm for an aurora to count it can hold its own without one. provided its at full power and in functioning order.
                      Attached Files
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The amount of Aurora's needed against the Wraith when they had their original fleet (10,000 years ago) the Ancients would have needed 100's of ships to win-especially considering all the loss's they took. I added the ZedPMs cuz that way u could produce fewer ships but still have a capable navy cuz they shields on the ships would last ages if they had a ZPM so you would get more kills per ship. Also crewing many 100's of auroras would be a problem for such a small society. The Wraith had many ships to fight with as they outnumbered the Ancients over 10 to 1 in every engagement so you would need a lot of ships.

You have to consider how big each Aurora is too-estimates from the Stargate Wikia put the ship at between 3 and 3.5 km long then how many u would need????

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          The amount of Aurora's needed against the Wraith when they had their original fleet (10,000 years ago) the Ancients would have needed 100's of ships to win-especially considering all the loss's they took. I added the ZedPMs cuz that way u could produce fewer ships but still have a capable navy cuz they shields on the ships would last ages if they had a ZPM so you would get more kills per ship. Also crewing many 100's of auroras would be a problem for such a small society. The Wraith had many ships to fight with as they outnumbered the Ancients over 10 to 1 in every engagement so you would need a lot of ships.

You have to consider how big each Aurora is too-estimates from the Stargate Wikia put the ship at between 3 and 3.5 km long then how many u would need????

why do you assume it was a small society? atlantis is large eneough to hold like 10000 people or more and for all you know it was full. plus some other colonies that exsisted.(before i sleep)
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Compared to the Wraith and the Taur'i they are!
                            Fully crewing 100 Aurora class vessels (Going by how many Aurora had aboard) would mean 30,000 crew then u have to find out how many smaller class's of ship+how many crew they carry. According to your estimate they would need 3 Atlantis Class City Ships (Not canon name but hey, decent name) worth of people to have just 100 Aurora's let alone anything else. Don't forget the Ancients were a minority in their home galaxy as well.

Comment

And most likely not all 'Lanteans were suited for the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X