This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas...

...what about involving him again in the Franchise??? ....
    okay a whole movie only about Jonas would not work because he is not that popular (?maybe, if not I'm sorry for all Jonas-fans)...but I would love to see him in future movies involved because it was so sad that after season 7 he was not even mentioned anymore....what do u think?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    ...what about involving him again in the Franchise??? ....
    okay a whole movie only about Jonas would not work because he is not that popular (?maybe, if not I'm sorry for all Jonas-fans)...but I would love to see him in future movies involved because it was so sad that after season 7 he was not even mentioned anymore....what do u think?
    He was there to fill in for Shanks he did his job Shanks came back he left. No need for him.

Comment

in the series, it was said, his planet was conquered by the ori.

joseph mallozzi said, in his mind, jonas is part of a resistance against the them...

Comment

I'd love to see Jonas again! It would be wonderful to see him in future movies, IMO.
        Last edited by Nikki; 14 July 2008, 03:32 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

If tptb bring back him they'll lost a fan for sure, me. I have had enough of him in season 6!
          sigpic
          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            I'd love to see Jonas again! It would be wonderful to see hime in future movies, IMO.
            I don't think that's going to happen, but I liked him, too.
            I realize he was sort of a cross between Carter and Jackson, but he was different enough that it could have worked even after MS came back, and it would have been nice to have 4 team members in season 8.

I loved this scene from Metamorphosis when he throws Niirti's plan for them to rule the universe together right back in her face:

Well, I can only imagine what it would be like to have powers like that. What would I do? I guess the first thing I would do would be to free my friends and all those other people you have caged up down there. And then I would destroy you. Not necessarily in that order but you get the idea.
            Priceless.

Comment

I loved Jonas. He was so interesting. I liked the story and development they set up for him - Prophecy was fantastic - but I don't see it happened. He was pretty miffed when Shanks decided he wanted back in. I'd love to see him back but honestly, can't see it.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                I loved Jonas. He was so interesting. I liked the story and development they set up for him - Prophecy was fantastic - but I don't see it happened. He was pretty miffed when Shanks decided he wanted back in. I'd love to see him back but honestly, can't see it.
                Originally posted by VSS View Post
                I don't think that's going to happen, but I liked him, too.
                I realize he was sort of a cross between Carter and Jackson, but he was different enough that it could have worked even after MS came back, and it would have been nice to have 4 team members in season 8.
                I agree with you both, I don't see it happening either...mainly because I think they already have too many lead characters to deal with () but it would be good to see him play some part. And VSS, I completely agree...at that point, with RDA's reduced time, it would've been great for Jonas to remain on the team and then form a four again in S8...but alas it wasn't to be. *sigh*

I loved this scene from Metamorphosis when he throws Niirti's plan for them to rule the universe together right back in her face:

Priceless.
                Definitely! That was such a brilliant line and I just wasn't expecting it from Jonas...quite like how I wasn't expecting that wonderful 'idiot everyday of the week' line from Sam in Foothold...like you said priceless.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I agree with all those who would love to see him back in some way, shape or form, even despite its unlikelihood. Even if he was given ten minutes of screen time, offering his character's fans proof that he's live and well, or whatever the case may have become, post-AoT is just another one of those 'important steps to solidifying' TPTB tend to stumble past.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Holy necrotopic, Batman. Dead horse, anyone? Come on, we've been going over this for YEARS now! He's not coming back. Let it go, folks.

Neither is Ford.
                    Neither is Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                      Holy necrotopic, Batman. Dead horse, anyone? Come on, we've been going over this for YEARS now! He's not coming back. Let it go, folks.

Neither is Ford.
                      Neither is Weir.
                      If you actually read our posts, you'd see that most of us have let it go.
                      We're reminiscing. If we can't do that then every SG-1 thread will go dead, except for the movie threads.

Comment

Yeah, even though it would never actually happen, it would be nice to see Jonas again. Overall, I thought he was a good fill-in while Daniel was ascended.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think it's necessary, first of all, how big can the team get without losing meaningful interactions?

Tptb want Movie #3 to bring Jack back as the star (which I'm ecstatic about).
                          Daniel, Carter & Teal'c are staples.
                          Mitchell will be there.
                          Vala will most likely be there too.

6 is enough!

I'd like to see Jonas on Atlantis. I believe that was the original idea. I think Jonas interacting with Shep, McKay, Ronon & Teyla would be very interesting. He'd be like Ford (eager, kind of green) only with a genius intellect and archaeological experience.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

I've certainly long-since come to terms with things as they are. This isn't an issue of posting in an age-old concept thread; it's a vaguely new notion and there's still enough burning in the hearts of Jonas' fans to bring him up now and again.

As for his being 'green', Mallozzi's interpretation of where Jonas must have been as close to 'present day' in the franchise as possible, what with being a resistance member and such, plus his experience during his tenure on SG-1, would give me an indication that he'd be fairly seasoned. Not so much the 'Ford' type, though with all the Pegasus Galaxy's newfound fascinations, maybe it'd come out again.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

It would've been cool to have him back. From what I've heard, they were going to keep CN on but they didn't have enough money for five leads at that point, so he had to go after MS came back. He did have a lot of potential though... and I agree, he's kinda like a cross between Sam and Daniel... perhaps a secondary plot line involving an accident with a time machine, and the revelation that he's their son...?

Anyway, I think he'd've fitted in nicely with the Ori storyline and it would've given him a chance to brush up on his Ancient.

Continuum spoilers:
                              Spoiler:
                              So... is he dead? He wasn't even one of the cameos in Continuum... and there were a lot of old faces... sadly no Janet or Jacob either. Maybe they all could crop up in other films.

EDIT: he'd be great on Atlantis too... it would solve the 'having already too many on SG-1' crisis that would develop, storyline wise. It'd be like having a Daniel, somewhat, of their very own. They'd love that.

: )
                              (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X