This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum question (spoilers!!!!!)

1) The time device in StarGate Continuum, was it of ancient design or did Ba'al develop it on his own?

2) The little dialing device, how did he get his hands on that??
    "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
    Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
    Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
    Spoiler:
    Everyone: "Go Metric"
    Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
    (\/)
    (oo)
    (")(")

1) He built it.

2) He built it.

Comment

I would assume he built it, although it clearly had elements of Ancient technology used in its construction as the operating system used Ancient rather than Goa'uld text.

Comment

The little dialing device may be how Apophis fled the SGC's Stargate in "Children of the Gods."

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          The little dialing device may be how Apophis fled the SGC's Stargate in "Children of the Gods."
          Exactly; was actually going to post that in one of the "back of the wormhole" threads when CoG was brought up lol.

Comment

It's been theorized for ages. One of the earliest novels had them having a mini-DHD.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              It's been theorized for ages. One of the earliest novels had them having a mini-DHD.
              It was nice to actually see it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought the novels weren't canon as such, but branching out as their own form?

I only assumed Ba'al did an Anubis and found some parts of Ancient tech, OR, when he was in the SGC, he might've taken some info (can't remember parts of S9/10, sorry) where there might've been a mission report/planet about the Solar Flare things.

Seeing as this wasn't a time machine as such, but more of Wormhole manipulation/Solar flare, and it seemed mostly like Ancient tech (notice the ball-type thing, it looked a bit Wraithy as well as the structure of the actual panel itself) Ba'al most likely just stumbled upon Anubis' research and found "something interesting."
                Until a writer/director can answer our question, they'll be leaving the discovery up to us.

For the Mini-DHD, I actually don't own S1SG1 at the current moment, so unsure of any proper techie stuff there. I'm assuming the Mini-DHD was another form of pilfered technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  The jaffa have possibly hand dialed the gate. It was said, that after an incoming wormhole the superconductors of the gate retain enough energy to dial back once. It was a reused plot device in the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Since when? The power usually comes from the DHD and in the event they don't have a DHD they've had to find a new power source. That's a reused plot device - Torment of Tantalus, Bad Guys for examples.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                    X