PDA

View Full Version : The Daniel/Pete FanFic

GuardianKentel
November 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Well this has been popular in the General Discussion here is the link to that thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5490

The Music Videos on the first page of the thread are excellent! actaully they are what inspired me for the first part of the story! Thank you Martouf Marty! you are the best!

And here is the link to my web page with the story on it.

http://home.comcast.net/~anthonyhitson/dpslasher.html

thanks to all the support!

MartoufMarty
November 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Whoohoo! Daniel/Pete all the way!

Don't forget to have a look at the music videos!

lionel_pendergast_rocks
November 6th, 2004, 06:33 PM
hmmm. i dont even get the point of slasher threads/fanfics. why do people make out the characters to be homosexual? i mean, sure, it was ok, and i dont mean to dis anyone, but i just dont get it. sorry. :(

MartoufMarty
November 6th, 2004, 06:47 PM
hmmm. i dont even get the point of slasher threads/fanfics. why do people make out the characters to be homosexual? i mean, sure, it was ok, and i dont mean to dis anyone, but i just dont get it. sorry. :(
Because we can.

Simple as that.

And some of us watch Queer as Folk too much and wanna see the same thing happen on other shows.

But mainly, because we can.

:P

lionel_pendergast_rocks
November 6th, 2004, 06:50 PM
well, not the answer i hoped for, but itll have to do.

MartoufMarty
November 6th, 2004, 06:50 PM
It's fiction anyways! :P

Yaha! I've made a cool pairing that people love. Whoohoo!

MartoufMarty
November 6th, 2004, 06:54 PM
well, not the answer i hoped for, but itll have to do.
Well, I don't know what else to say. That's my reasoning really.

Skydiver
November 6th, 2004, 07:14 PM
In this case, it's just for fun and the sheer absurdity of it all

GuardianKentel
November 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM
In this case, it's just for fun and the sheer absurdity of it all
lol yep that is the case plus I think it would be cool for there to be a homosexual relationship to stargate other then Ra.

GuardianKentel
November 7th, 2004, 05:52 PM
ok the website has been updates and so has the story!

Lt. Elliot
November 7th, 2004, 07:16 PM
YES! Daniel and Pete all the way! Nice fic so far too.

GuardianKentel
November 8th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Ok there is a new update to the story!

Major Clanger
November 8th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Well there are lots of reasons. For me all fic is AU, full stop. Then all ship fics are just a deepening of what shippers see in the show. One persons shippy moment is another persons "blink and they missed it" (I don't tend to see ship, apart from a crazy few days just gone when I actually started looking out for it, but that's a whole other story)

With the slashers they can point to certain comments, actions etc. and say "look, they belong together" in the same way a shipper might. Other people might not even see it (think of the elevator scene where Jack pushes Daniel's glasses up his nose at the beginning of The Serpent's Venom, for example). We (oh yes, for I too am a Lady Writer of Slash) slashers all nearly collectively imploded and put feverish pen to paper after that one.

It's just fun, and if nothing else, a writing exercise (especially if you try to stay within reasonable amounts of other canon characteristics)

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

GuardianKentel
November 8th, 2004, 12:21 PM
thank you so much Major Clanger your awesome! as is Skydiver and Madeline W*

astronomicalchick
November 8th, 2004, 02:11 PM
thank you so much Major Clanger your awesome! as is Skydiver and Madeline W*

Hey! When's the next installment????

I love it. (just don't make it too graphic, I can't cope with graphic... I'm sensitive what can I say... at least warn me first...)

OMG, Pete *actually* looks cute in that pic!!!

*faints*

GuardianKentel
November 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Hey! When's the next installment????

I love it. (just don't make it too graphic, I can't cope with graphic... I'm sensitive what can I say... at least warn me first...)

OMG, Pete *actually* looks cute in that pic!!!

*faints*
thank you that was nice of you and lets ask the mods what is too graphical on the story? Let me ask this what would you guys think of Orlin and lets say Daniel?

MartoufMarty
November 8th, 2004, 04:34 PM
thank you that was nice of you and lets ask the mods what is too graphical on the story? Let me ask this what would you guys think of Orlin and lets say Daniel?
Oooh Orlin/Daniel?

*thinks*

*drools*

Sound nice to me :P

I'd think that Orlin would be a big perv like that spying on people :P

But high priority: Daniel/Pete... and Jack/Ba'al... yeah, and then there's the Sam/Jack, but really, it's not as fun as those :P

GuardianKentel
November 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
ok how about Sam/Janet?

Major Clanger
November 9th, 2004, 10:01 AM
As long as it's not on here you can write pretty much what you like. I haven't had a chance to read the Daniel/Pete thing yet, but I will... eventually.

With slash (as with ship, really) I think the trick is not too wander too far away from canon. So while Daniel/Orlin makes me grin and rub my hands together, I'd prefer someone with whom Daniel (or Orlin) had a bit more interaction on the show. So for Orlin, I'm afraid, it's Sam all the way (yes... I have one started somewhere)

Daniel and... oh I don't know... the little Monk fella from Kheb?

But that's enough slash for now. This is a PG site.

GuardianKentel
November 9th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Ok well there is now a story update on my site!

GuardianKentel
November 10th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Ok there is an update to the story im going to try to work on it some while im at work!

GuardianKentel
November 10th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Once again, I have updated the story!

Jynjyr
November 11th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Hi folks,
I'm in search of a piece of information on Pete for a fic. (Ship, not slash)
What color are his eyes? I can't get a good enough lock on my VCR to be able to tell.

GuardianKentel
November 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Hi folks,
I'm in search of a piece of information on Pete for a fic. (Ship, not slash)
What color are his eyes? I can't get a good enough lock on my VCR to be able to tell.
Just in case you see it here first I will look into it for ya!

GuardianKentel
November 12th, 2004, 01:43 AM
To everyone who has been reading the story I am sorry. I am unsure on how I want to contiune. so Stay tuned for further announcements

GuardianKentel
November 13th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Once again I am sorry I havent written any more on the story been haveing some issues. I will write more once I can!