Atlantis Spec Script - Now Fanfic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Spec Script - Now Fanfic

I posted this at the "Fandom" page but I think it's more appropriate to post it here. I apologize if this violates any rule as I suppose one could look at this as spamming. That was not my intent and I did not notice this forum. Additionally, the utility to upload fan fiction is down or I'd have uploaded this story that way.

All that said; this story is a script I wrote that would have taken place in early season 4. I wrote the script with the intention of selling it. After sending multiple letters of inquiry to the Atlantis production offices, I've moved on to other writing projects.

A few things you should know:

1. This is a professionally written script and it is formatted as such. If you have difficulty reading screenplays, you'll have the same difficulty here.

2. This story, as I said, is set in early season 4. So, that means it's not "fantasy" in the sense that you're going to see Sheppard and Carter hooking up or something. If you wouldn't expect to see it happen in a real episode, you won't see it here.

3. The script is useful if you wish to learn a bit more about how a television script is formatted and paced.

4. I think it's a really great story! And that's not just because I wrote it! It does some stuff not really shown in the show, and, not to give too big a spoiler, takes Sheppard in a direction we've not really seen but works for the character.

So, I hope you like what I've written if you decide to read it. Please, I'd love feedback so if you take the time to read it, post a few sentences here.

Click here to download the PDF

If you want to send a script to TPTB, you have to have an agent.

Check out Joe Mallozzi's blog - he sometimes gives advice on getting your writing out there

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

What does "TPTB" mean? I've seen people use it but I couldn't figure out the acronym.

And as far as agents go, your typically right as far as television goes. Still, you can hit with letters of inquiry as well. Thing is, for television, you pretty much have to live in L.A. I'm not going to do that. Which, isn't that much of a hindrance for those that mainly do screenplays - like me. But for television it's pretty much a given.

I just wish more television shows were open to getting scripts from fans like the Star Trek franchise was. I think that was a great model. There's no reason for it to be as difficult as it is. But, that's their decision.

Or, at the very least, they'd respond to respectful and sincere inquires. Like I sent. But the industry is what the industry is. No one ever accused its operations of making sense.

Comment

What the deuce? All the other fic threads get replies but this one? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by selderane View Post
          What does "TPTB" mean? I've seen people use it but I couldn't figure out the acronym.

And as far as agents go, your typically right as far as television goes. Still, you can hit with letters of inquiry as well. Thing is, for television, you pretty much have to live in L.A. I'm not going to do that. Which, isn't that much of a hindrance for those that mainly do screenplays - like me. But for television it's pretty much a given.

I just wish more television shows were open to getting scripts from fans like the Star Trek franchise was. I think that was a great model. There's no reason for it to be as difficult as it is. But, that's their decision.

Or, at the very least, they'd respond to respectful and sincere inquires. Like I sent. But the industry is what the industry is. No one ever accused its operations of making sense.
          TPTB stands for "The Powers That Be" - a general euphemism for the producers/writers etc.

Stargate doesn't accept unsolicited scripts and JM has repeatedly stated on his blog that they are fully-staffed with writers for the forseeable future and are not looking for/accepting outside pitches.

As for feedback... well, you can't force people to leave feedback. Welcome to the world of fanfic!

It may simply be that your script (due to size no doubt) requires downloading to read and view rather than just linking to another website or being able to read in posts here on the forum. People may be less inclined to download in order to be able to read something and it may be that as they are downloading and reading it as a separate document, they are forgetting to come back here to comment after reading. Such is life, I'm afraid.
          sigpic

Comment

If they're staffed, they're staffed. As I said: I've moved on. However, I didn't send it unsolicited. I never sent it at all. No one in the industry accepts unsolicited scripts. That's why you send a general letter of inquiry.

And you could be right about people forgetting to reply here. I checked Mediafire and its been downloaded numerous times and I've only posted it on this forum. So, someone is reading it!

Comment

I also write some of my fanfics in the script form. I try and get them realistic to episode form, but it's hard.

Comment

Working...
              X