This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes this year?

So is season five going on iTunes? I know that NBC pullled all there shows from iTunes due to a disagreement with Steve Jobs, and Sci Fi is part of NBC, but there was talk that it would still be available since it technically was an MGM show?

Anybody know?

It would be a shame if it did. I only started using iTunes due to an unwillingness to pay a high cable bill from comcast and my craving for SG1 and SGA. I only started using an ipode because of the Nike+.

I don't see it on iTunes but they do have it on Amazon Unbox.
    Verdammt durch das Fleisch.
    Gerettet durch das Blut.

Comment

Well, I went and dug through the entire iTunes 'help' section, and found a statement that might explain this:

episodes are added 24-48 hours after initial air date.

Also:
      Many shows are available for download and purchase the day after they air; some shows may not be available for a few days.
      So, if that is true, than it won't be up until at least 10 pm, EST tonight.
      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ezi_May View Post
        I don't see it on iTunes but they do have it on Amazon Unbox.
        I'm not going to download the amazon unbox software for one measily show (call me naturally suspicous and distrustful)

whereas this morning I reached the 800 dollar mark on itunes music (not including starbucks music cards, free music, and of course Star Gate shows)

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
          Well, I went and dug through the entire iTunes 'help' section, and found a statement that might explain this:

So, if that is true, than it won't be up until at least 10 pm, EST tonight.
          Well last season iTunes dropped the ball quite a few times and didn't post the episode till a week later (if they posted the correct episode at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Gater-aide View Post
            I'm not going to download the amazon unbox software for one measily show (call me naturally suspicous and distrustful)

whereas this morning I reached the 800 dollar mark on itunes music (not including starbucks music cards, free music, and of course Star Gate shows)
            I tried Amazon ONCE and that was enough for me. I did NOT like it and could NOT get good caps out of it.

Originally posted by Gater-aide View Post
            Well last season iTunes dropped the ball quite a few times and didn't post the episode till a week later (if they posted the correct episode at all)
            True, true!
            Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
            sigpic

Comment

this has been a pretty rough week for the iTunes folks with .mac changed to me.com, new iphone, new iphone/touch sofware, iTunes App store, new iTunes versions... I wouldn't get my hopes up our little show will get much attention.

I'd be happy to see it sooner than later though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mabhatter View Post
                this has been a pretty rough week for the iTunes folks with .mac changed to me.com, new iphone, new iphone/touch sofware, iTunes App store, new iTunes versions... I wouldn't get my hopes up our little show will get much attention.

I'd be happy to see it sooner than later though!!!
                Well the thing that is odd is that they still have Seasons 1-10 of SG-1 available AND all 4 seasons of SGA plus AOT.
                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                sigpic

Comment

I've watched all s4 via iTunes and it was disappointing a couple of times. They screwed up a few things, that's for sure.

Luckily, I saw Search & Rescue at Shore Leave, but I worry how quickly episodes will be posted to iTunes or if I have to find alternatives this season.

*crossing fingers with you

Comment

it'll probably be up loaded on Monday - normal business hours

And i'm gonna close this thread and direct folks over to the merchandise section, which is where we traditionally keep the ITunes stuff
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X