Ata gene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ata gene

Do you think Michael used the ATA therapy on his hybrids. How else would he be able to move the jumper.

I hope Michael is using the jumper now!

Maybe they throw it out of the airlock?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

or tow it?

Comment

I was wondering about that, too. Carson would have needed to seriously tinker with it, though. Is Wraith DNA exactly the same as human DNA? (And if so, how were they able to find "Wraith DNA" in Teyla?) If not, then the therapy would be rejected (worst case scenario) or would horribly kill Michael (best case scenario).

If Carson did manage to adapt the therapy for Wraith, it raises the question of: "what would happen if they gave it to Teyla?" She could then, in theory, use both Wraith and Ancient tech.

Comment

wraith are Iratus/human hybrids. michael is a "hybrid". his own creation. he has selectively added wraith DNA, so he has the benefits, but not the withdrawals[feeding].
          he has alot of human DNA, and so the ATA therapy would work. and if it wouldnt, michael's extensive knowledge of Biology could fabricate a way so it would work.

Comment

One of the hybrids (maybe even Michael) certainly has the ATA gene because
            Spoiler:
            in the Atlantis episode The Prodigal (Season 5 ep 14) it is stated that:
            The Wraith Michael (Connor Trinneer) has infiltrated the city of Atlantis with a squad of his genetically-engineered hybrids ("The Kindred"). Using a Puddle Jumper, Michael generates an energy wave that pulses outward from the Gate Room, rendering everyone in the control room unconscious.

Comment

Yes, but was it therapy or did Michael just found someone with the ATA gene. I remember the Lucius had found someone with the ATA gene, and the arrogant princess in season 4 had it too.

Comment

if you know what to look for, its not that hard to get...

Comment

actually... the jumper was active. Once it's activated, theirs no need for genes. I mean if it's cloaked then the entire jumper is turned on. So basically he stole an active jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
                    actually... the jumper was active. Once it's activated, theirs no need for genes. I mean if it's cloaked then the entire jumper is turned on. So basically he stole an active jumper.
                    I was thinking it was the jumper from search and rescue.

Comment

yes, that one. and it was cloaked, thus active

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                        Do you think Michael used the ATA therapy on his hybrids. How else would he be able to move the jumper.

I hope Michael is using the jumper now!

no i dont think he gave his hybrids the ata gene butrather stole the already active jumper. and i dont think that weve seen the last of that jumper b/c of episode 514 the prodigal where...

Spoiler:
                        he uses a jumper and flies it through the gate some how( as yet we have no idea how he bypasses the shield) and he then proceeded to incapacitate the expidition. hopefuly we get rid of this story arc once and for all b/c its not realy one of my favorites. its kinda boring.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if Michael came across another Ancient city or outpost or starship and then he had control of a bunch of drones and jumpers, etc. Wow that would make for some cool scenes.
                          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                            Wouldn't it be cool if Michael came across another Ancient city or outpost or starship and then he had control of a bunch of drones and jumpers, etc. Wow that would make for some cool scenes.
                            Omg that would stink for the expedition because then he would be so powerful the IOA would most likely declare the Pegasus galaxy done for and leave it. They would probably before the end get Michael to come to Atlantis and activate the self destruct thus destroying Atlantis and Michael's city. But if Michael got a Atlantis style ship, there would be no one stopping him.

Unless of course he doesn't have a ZPM and then I would just laugh because it would be so ironic. The best weapon ever and no power to use it, and we all know how hard the ZPM's are to get now that we can only get ahold of old ones now. Unless the replicators come back.
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah the standing theory is that michael stole the jumper to get away unnoticed.

we do know that only some ancient tech only requires an ancient or someone with the ATA gene to activate it and then anyone can use it and some need it all the time.

but i myself im not sure whether michael could steal the jumper even if its activated, because theres no steering wheel on a jumper u got to fly it and therefore need to ata gene to access the flying interface.

at the beginning of season 4 when Atlantis was going thru that asteroid field shepherd had to get everyone with the ata gene to fly it some of these ppl weren't even pilots.

you'd think in that case shepherd wud of just activated all the jumpers and got some people more talented to fly it. and they also wud of had more jumpers out there and not restricted to the amount of ata gene people.

theres no presidence as far as i kno to just anyone flying a jumper.

think the whole hyrbid with ata gene therapy would prove to have a much more fertile plot feature. think of the trouble he cud cause. he is one of the smarter wraiths with alot of hate on his side as inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X