This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How have people seen Continuum?

Alright, this is really bugging me. I can't seem to figure out how people have seen SG: Continuum. I mean, I want to see it, but haven't seen anyhting but a trailer.

They've seen it because some people have been bad and watched a leaked version.

Also I think its out in some countries...not sure.

EDIT: Was being sarcastic with my bad statement....so don't get your knickers in a knot
    Last edited by GateRunner; 12 July 2008, 07:43 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateRunner View Post
      Nope, just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

Nope, it's released in the States first and I think that's only next week or so.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't really give a damn about watching leaked versions. I love SG-1 and want it to continue so I'll be buying it on release day, even if I've already seen it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Indeed. i've seen the leaked version and i think it's fantastic so i'll be getting the dvd version as soon as i can.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Or they don't want to sit around while the producers twiddle their thumbs and laugh at the fact the movie has been ready for months. They're like icecream trucks who won't sell icecream to kids until it's all melted.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I don't really give a damn about watching leaked versions. I love SG-1 and want it to continue so I'll be buying it on release day, even if I've already seen it.
              I can't say I've never watched SG online. If I don't I won't get to see it until its been out in the US for a year or two. But like you I will buy it as well.

*gazes over at his collection of SG-1 and SGA DVD's*
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not bad in that I've watched a leaked copy, it's just that I live in a country where it'll never be released and I can't get it shipped to me here either b/c of import laws. I don't feel like waiting 6 months until I'm back in the States and can get a copy, so I got it. I'll still buy it when I'm there to go with my copy of Ark of Truth and all 10 seasons of SG-1. I'm also gonna buy the SGA sets, so my watching it does not hurt their sales at all.

KPRROK
                sigpic

Comment

From what I've read, the movie has been leaked in various ways, and some people were lucky enough to get to see the screening of it in Vancouver, B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    As will I. I saw the leaked version and will be buying it I just was impatient.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Same. I wouldn't watch 'em if I wasn't going to buy 'em anyway. I wanna show my support to the show.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have downloaded the movie and I'm not quite ashamed to admit it... I bought the previous DVD of SG1 and I was... honestly somewhat disappointed by the movie, so yeah... I thought: lets see what this movie brings us before actually buying it on DVD... but I do think that I'm going to buy this one seeing as I'm actually rather happy with the result of the movie, although the ending was still very predictable, but that's Stargate.
                        Great thanks to Luciana for making this really cool banner!!

Spoiler:

Comment

As I hypothesised on another thread, my only idea on how a finished copy of Continuum got leaked was most likely by one of the DVDs sent to some media people as a screener of some sort.

Remember what JM said about the unfinished TAoT leak? Due to a mistake by the mailer-boy, the wrong TAoT was sent out, wrong as in the unfinished copy. However, I did search my "resources" after JM claimed that the full version was re-sent after the leak became apparent(neither of those events were connected), and my "resources" didn't exactly say if the versions of TAoT was the finished one or not.

Buying the DVDs after you download the movie just equalises what you did wrong anyway, plus, some countries do get their releases a fair bit later than the US, and as said by another poster, some countries don't even get an official release.

Comment

THB I'm glad to have seen Continuum 'cos now I want to buy the DVD even more. Personally I think the extra features alone would be worth the money.
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              Same. I wouldn't watch 'em if I wasn't going to buy 'em anyway. I wanna show my support to the show.
                              Yup. Here's hoping we get more movies!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X