Carter....(Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter....(Spoilers)

...was simply fired?Anyone else have a little bit of a problem with that? Especially since she was fired in FAVOR of Woolsey. Was there logic in there that I'm simply missing, or was this the laziest write out ever?
    Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

I kinda liked it. We knkew she was leaving the show, might as well do it in a way that will cause some friction when the new base commander takes over.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think they did a very poor job. They should have had some story to it. Not just oh were gonna go a different way.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I just felt that if they were going to fire her... there should have been something there to back it up. Or some sort of story involved. Not simply "Yeah, Military leadership hasn't worked out as well as we'd liked, so we're going with a bureaucrat... who has never shown real leadership skills.I mean, that last leader wasn't military and she worked out great!"
        Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          I kinda liked it. We knkew she was leaving the show, might as well do it in a way that will cause some friction when the new base commander takes over.
          I don't mind that it was the IOA, they're always making crappy decisions. I do mind that it took less than five minutes to do it, and that we're not even told where she's going to end up.

It was a lazy write out, and an injustice to the character.

Comment

Well wait and see how it plays when he actually gets to Atlantis and that story actually happens before we jump to conclusions.

There've been a lot of cliff-hangers like this before, and like I said above, this could just be setting up animosity later.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              I don't mind that it was the IOA, they're always making crappy decisions. I do mind that it took less than five minutes to do it, and that we're not even told where she's going to end up.

It was a lazy write out, and an injustice to the character.
              She ends up in Stargate Continuum

Comment

She ends up back where she belongs: SG-1.
                I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post
                  She ends up back where she belongs: SG-1.
                  Actually, we don't know that. She has to show up for the extraction ceremony, but that's it.

Comment

Well as I understand it she wasn't fired in favor of Woolsey. He is simply taking her place while they search for full time replacement, but he ends up getting the job along the way. Also, I'd assume they will get into more of the reasons in the following episodes when Sheppard, Mckay, and co angrily clash with Woolsey over it. There was no reason for them to go into it on screen with Carter and the way they did it served to end the episode in a way that would lead in nicely with the next as Woolsey likely gets to shock Atlantis with the leadership change now.

Comment

SLAP IN THE FACE SLAP IN THE FACE!!!!!!

Just kidding. I liked it, starts woolsey off on the wrong foot, literally. Ive seen a boss get tanked like this before, everyones always ...... D: And it fits with continuum after the fact, mmm contunity.

Comment

actually I kind of like it this way. This way in this time line Sam can get command of the Phoenix and have time to get it up and running.

it was short and to the point. besides as others have statd this way the Atlantian teams can rub woosley the wrong way for an entire year and we get to watch. Nothing is better than rubbing the woosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Neomon View Post
                          ...was simply fired?Anyone else have a little bit of a problem with that? Especially since she was fired in FAVOR of Woolsey. Was there logic in there that I'm simply missing, or was this the laziest write out ever?
                          Well ultimately the IOA are in control of Atlantis, they were fine with a military commander like Carter taking over when the Wraith were a massive threat as well as the replicators, but now the replicators are gone and the Wraith are severely weakened, it makes sense that they'd want someone like Woolsey back in charge.

Comment

Well, it kinda irritated me the way it was done. The first female military leadership is told they're "looking for a different skill set".

WTFrak1?! Carter just got slapped for.... what, exactly, did she do wrong again?

But, I suppose I'll go along with it. Not the best way to exit a long-standing character like Carter IMO. Could she at least walk out with some dignity?

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                              Well, it kinda irritated me the way it was done. The first female military leadership is told they're "looking for a different skill set".

WTFrak1?! Carter just got slapped for.... what, exactly, did she do wrong again?

But, I suppose I'll go along with it. Not the best way to exit a long-standing character like Carter IMO. Could she at least walk out with some dignity?
                              It didn't have anything to do with the fact that she was female. And, she didn't do anything wrong. The IOA just wants more control. It wasn't a slap in the face. And, honestly, for an out-of-canon perspective, she was no different than Weir, who the IOA definitely didn't like.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X