Massive Spoiler about a Surprise Cameo in S&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Spoiler about a Surprise Cameo in S&R

Well they brought RSF in for that lil cameo tonight, so doe anyone think that we'll finally get some continuation of his story line?

Perfecto!

Spoiler:
    mallozzi's already said there's no plans to revisit the ford storyline in S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      Well they brought RSF in for that lil cameo tonight, so doe anyone think that we'll finally get some continuation of his story line?
      Unfortunately, it was just a dream. Dorothy was in Kansas the whole time.

I personally doubt we'll ever see Ford again in any real story capacity, which is a shame. IMO they should have kept him a bit longer, and done the whole change slower. Ford taking injections of the enzyme for a whole season, becoming more and more of a 'crazy, dangerous badass' until he snaps, would have been a dark and unsettling direction for the show to go in.
      Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

never cared for ford alot. i dunno why.

Comment

It was cool to see him in the episode. I wish they would bring him back, even in an alternate reality ep.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That was a pretty big surprise for me there, even if it was only about 5 seconds of seeing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              It was cool to see him in the episode. I wish they would bring him back, even in an alternate reality ep.
              That would be so cool! I would love to see Ford again before his enzyme stage

Comment

I was shocked to see him at all. That was the first time in a long time that I've been surprised by something on this show. I almost jumped out of my chair in excitement.

But I'm not expecting to see him again. The writers basically abandoned Ford. Still, I appreciated the effort to give us some continuity, some small reminders of past characters.

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
                I personally doubt we'll ever see Ford again in any real story capacity, which is a shame. IMO they should have kept him a bit longer, and done the whole change slower. Ford taking injections of the enzyme for a whole season, becoming more and more of a 'crazy, dangerous badass' until he snaps, would have been a dark and unsettling direction for the show to go in.
                Agreed. I thought the whole enzyme addiction thing was one of the most interesting plot lines in the show and I was sorry to see it dropped.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

For once, they actually did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on the spoilers. I had absolutely no idea Ford was going to be in the episode. Like many others, I don't expect to see him again, although I agree that an alternate reality episode would be neat.

Comment

Yeah I don't like the chances of Ford coming back in a 'living' role. It was just a dream and used to fuel Shepard's desire to save his teammate.

That being said, I would love for Ford to come back and finally get over his enzyme addiction. I'm just not holding my breath...
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Dredd View Post
                      For once, they actually did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on the spoilers. I had absolutely no idea Ford was going to be in the episode.
                      That was my thought as well. Literally the first thing I said (well, second if you count "whoa!") was: "I didn't see any spoilers about that!"

Like I said, very unexpected, but a nice surprise.

Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Well in a different thread I stated that they made it seem like Ford is dead. Ford says that you never saved me or something like that when John relized he didnt save Telya and later John says something that he wasnt going to lose someone when he has a chance to save them. Cant remember the exact phrase but its when he talks to Keller. So I think they are trying to say to everyone that Ford is gone.
                        sigpic

Comment

i was very surprised to see Ford in that dream sequence

BUT....

this is the way of the writers probably confirming his death and he did die on that wraith hive ship when they blew it up in season 2, especially if they don't plan on bringing him back.

Comment

The Ford cameo was definitely a highlight of the episode to me.
                            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

It was nice to see John hallucinate about him. It establishes him to be a leader guy like O'Neill, since he, like Jack are obviously affected by leaving a man behind. Of course, this makes his motivations slightly different than Jack since John is the leaver and Jack was a leavee.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X