PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is Michael's Fate?

mago1978
July 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
If Michael died in this ep., it was a really stupid death.

Someone that has made a brilliant campaign to takeover the Galaxy couldn't have figure out that his ship was infiltrated, "captured" the Jumper and have done nothing to capture the people that came in the Jumper.

No ambush? Teyla was so important for his plans, he knew that Sheppard, or someone else from Atlantis, came for her, yet... no ambush!!!

The only thing that comes to my mind to justify the lack of action from Michael, is that he wasn't there.

Maybe, part of his genetic alterations include the Ancient gene, so basically Michael is capable of operating Ancient technology and he fled in the cloaked Jumper.

What do you think?

Sweetsong
July 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Maybe, part of his genetic alterations include the Ancient gene, so basically Michael is capable of operating Ancient technology and he fled in the cloaked Jumper.

I'm putting my money on that, the whole fact that Michael realized they were onboard, then the jumper turns up missing points to that outcome.

_Famrir_
July 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
i agree and besides why would he writers kill such a good plot in the premiere of the 5th season?!

Skydiver
July 11th, 2008, 07:22 PM
he won't die.

Jumper_One
July 11th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Michael isn't dead

Rac80
July 11th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Nope they will use him a few more times this season (I hope!) but he obviously escaped! :D

Phenix
July 11th, 2008, 08:05 PM
i agree and besides why would he writers kill such a good plot in the premiere of the 5th season?!

did we watch the same episode? The writers for SGA put dramatic effect before plot. Michael is alive. He probably took the ancient gene from Carson. Now that he has a jumper he'll be even more powerful.

mago1978
July 11th, 2008, 08:19 PM
did we watch the same episode? The writers for SGA put dramatic effect before plot. Michael is alive. He probably took the ancient gene from Carson. Now that he has a jumper he'll be even more powerful.

Do you think we'll see (or not see:)) cloaked Darks and Cruisers?

naamiaiset
July 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Michael isn't dead
S5 spoilers
he's right. michael comes back in another episode.

Occulus
July 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM
He's as 'dead' as Ken Lay of Enron.

RepliVeggie
July 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
He escaped in the PJ. Which is stupid. I am 100% sure the Ancients would also have a gene detector to look for Wraith genes. Since some Wraith were likely ancients who got taken by the bugs 10,000 years ago. But I guess its acceptable.

Occulus
July 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
He escaped in the PJ. Which is stupid. I am 100% sure the Ancients would also have a gene detector to look for Wraith genes. Since some Wraith were likely ancients who got taken by the bugs 10,000 years ago. But I guess its acceptable.

OH! *raises and waves from the back of the room* IKNOWIKNOWIKNOW!!!11!ONE!1

The mechanism the Ancients used has a flaw; it can only deny full Wraith DNA. Given Michael is at this point an altered hybrid, he fell below the threshold necessary to deny him operation of Ancient technology.

*POOF* Michael is more powerful than he ever was, because he can use Ancient tech. Note, he didn't realize he could until he tried.

Then again, maybe Michael is as dead as George Carlin... and as missed. :(

gilliaf
July 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
There is no way Michael's dead; he knew that Sheppard and his team got on the cruiser and it makes sence that he would have taken the ancient gene from Beckett. My concern near the end of the eps was that he, with a band of his minions, had managed to cloke the jumper and gain access to the Deadalus and that the eps was going to end as a "to be continued..."
But without the "tbc.." I doubt that that's the case anymore.. oh well..

Xaeden
July 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM
The Ancients have been using the ATA gene as a key for their technology since before the Wraith came into being. While they could've modified it to make it so that it not only prevented anyone without the ATA gene from using it, but it also locked out anyone with Wraith DNA, there was no reason for them to do so unless the Wraith figured out how to use it at some point (which doesn't appear to be the case). As far as they knew it remained a secure way of protecting their technology from being used by non-Ancients. And for all we know it might not have even been possible for the Wraith to artificially get the ATA gene - It could've only became possible at the stage Michael is at or he could've used it on a Human before turning him/her into a hybrid.

AutumnDream
July 12th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Hopefully dead. Terrible antagonist on so many levels.

jonos101
July 12th, 2008, 01:39 AM
hes not dead, he is in 'Remnants'. I could be wrong about that but he is definatly in a ep in the backhalf

FallenAngelII
July 12th, 2008, 01:57 AM
It was entirely idiotic. Why would you move the jumper instead of just stationing guards near it?

Xaeden
July 12th, 2008, 02:06 AM
It was entirely idiotic. Why would you move the jumper instead of just stationing guards near it?

Persumably he didn't move it, he flew it out (Sheppard just thought he moved it because he hadn't considered the option that Michael might've figured out the ATA gene) - With his hyperdrives being officially dead, his only way out was through the Stargate and using a dart to make a break for it would've been risky. He could've tried taking hostages, but that's also risky. Getting out safely so you can regroup and try again another day was his best option at that point.

Anubis-
July 12th, 2008, 04:03 AM
If I remember correclty, Puddle Jumper can see other Puddle Jumber, even if other Jumper is clocked. I think Michael run away with Darts. I think Jumper got wraith detector even that wraith got ancients gen or somekind hybrid.

Xaeden
July 12th, 2008, 04:08 AM
The other two puddle jumpers were parked aboard the Daedalus at that point. So even if they could detect the movement of another cloaked jumper, (which I think you're right about - I seem to recall a scene from Travelers which indicated as much) nobody was at the helm of one to notice Michael making a break for the Stargate with his stolen jumper.

Anubis-
July 12th, 2008, 04:32 AM
The other two puddle jumpers were parked aboard the Daedalus at that point. So even if they could detect the movement of another cloaked jumper, (which I think you're right about - I seem to recall a scene from Travelers which indicated as much) nobody was at the helm of one to notice Michael making a break for the Stargate with his stolen jumper.

If Rodney are as wise as he has been, he make changes to Atlantis sensors/computer or something who accepts signal to open the door.

Ancient are stupid; there must be some list, where are list of Jumpers what are own and open door for them and other jumper's dont open. Ancients must lose some jumpers to wraith hands.

Amalthea
July 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
What fate Michael? He'll be back and more annoyed than ever having been foiled again.

kymeric
July 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I like how rather than exert a modicome of thought on thinking of what coulda happened and whats gonna happen next we scream PLOT HOLE. Seriously, i keep seing threads that are easily answered if you pay attention to lore or can guess where the story is gonna go next. How bout we pass a morotorium on PLOTHOLE and try to come up with a reason something happened and wait to see if ur rite?

/end rant

FallenAngelII
July 12th, 2008, 11:59 AM
What fate Michael? He'll be back and more annoyed than ever having been foiled again.
Nice reference there.

And exactly. He's like Apophis. Even without reading spoilers, we all just assume he survived, anyway. I mean, Apophis keeps coming back even after he actually died for real-real (like in "Continuum")!

jelgate
July 12th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I like how rather than exert a modicome of thought on thinking of what coulda happened and whats gonna happen next we scream PLOT HOLE.?* Seriously, i keep seing threads that are easily answered if you pay attention to lore or can guess where the story is gonna go next.?* How bout we pass a morotorium on PLOTHOLE and try to come up with a reason something happened and wait to see if ur rite?/end rantI know the feeling. It seems like every unanswered question ia a plot hole:rolleyes:

Ruffles
July 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Michael's fate? He isn't dead. He stole that PJ and got the hell out of Dodge. He'll be back.

PG15
July 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
hes not dead, he is in 'Remnants'. I could be wrong about that but he is definatly in a ep in the backhalf

He's in "The Prodigal", actually.

I think it's fairly obvious why Mikey fled the moment the hyperdrive blew; he knew that, one way or another, the Daedalus can blow up his ship at a moment's notice, so better get the hell out of there.

FallenAngelII
July 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
A better question would be why the hell he personally went with one Cruiser against the Daedalus when he knew of their new weapons. Why not just sent "expendable" Hybrids?

For that matter, why bring Teyla along, risking blowing his master plan? He could've send some other ship, sending only Hybdrids to fight the Daedalus, forcing the Daedalus to not go all out since they'd still assume Teyla was onboard.

Xaeden
July 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
A better question would be why the hell he personally went with one Cruiser against the Daedalus when he knew of their new weapons. Why not just sent "expendable" Hybrids?

For that matter, why bring Teyla along, risking blowing his master plan? He could've send some other ship, sending only Hybdrids to fight the Daedalus, forcing the Daedalus to not go all out since they'd still assume Teyla was onboard.

Because he's not psychic and didn't know the Daedalus would be there or that it was even still in the Pegasus Galaxy. All he knew was that his base had been compromised and that it was likely Atlantis. Even betting it's still there based on just seeing it in Kindred, he had no way Atlantis would deploy it to that planet ahead of time. Had Atlantis just sent Sheppard's team and only deployed the Daedalus after the building collapsed, he would've been able to get in and get out before it reached the planet. Although he also had no way of knowing they didn't come on the Daedalus. It was an unknown situation and worst case scenario, he probably figured he'd be able to use the fact that he had Telya on board to keep them from firing so that he could make his escape again. Which he would've been able to do had he ran straight away, but instead he opted to waste valuable escape time try to get some lucky shots in.

PG15
July 13th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Do we even know that he had other ships?

Xaeden
July 13th, 2008, 12:35 AM
We don't, but Wraith ships have been shown to take weeks to get to various points within the galaxy. So even if he did have others, that Cruiser could've been the only one within range. Which makes sense given that he was on his way there with Telya anyway.

FallenAngelII
July 13th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Because he's not psychic and didn't know the Daedalus would be there or that it was even still in the Pegasus Galaxy. All he knew was that his base had been compromised and that it was likely Atlantis. Even betting it's still there based on just seeing it in Kindred, he had no way Atlantis would deploy it to that planet ahead of time. Had Atlantis just sent Sheppard's team and only deployed the Daedalus after the building collapsed, he would've been able to get in and get out before it reached the planet. Although he also had no way of knowing they didn't come on the Daedalus. It was an unknown situation and worst case scenario, he probably figured he'd be able to use the fact that he had Telya on board to keep them from firing so that he could make his escape again. Which he would've been able to do had he ran straight away, but instead he opted to waste valuable escape time try to get some lucky shots in.
But it's the classic Villain Dilemma. When heroes do it, they usually get out of it, but when villains charge blindly into a situation without thinking, they get ambushed and killed (or in Michael's case, forced to flee and abandon his evil master plan).

If only everyone could think like Ba'al.

We don't, but Wraith ships have been shown to take weeks to get to various points within the galaxy. So even if he did have others, that Cruiser could've been the only one within range. Which makes sense given that he was on his way there with Telya anyway.
Actually, they weren't on their way there. They had a "changed of plan" and "[set] a new course" after Michael got wind of what had happened.

In other words, they weren't on their way there to begin with.

Xaeden
July 13th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Actually, they weren't on their way there. They had a "changed of plan" and "[set] a new course" after Michael got wind of what had happened.

In other words, they weren't on their way there to begin with.

I phrased that improperly, but what I meant was that he was planning to go to that planet within a short amount of time. Sheppard and co simply got to the planet too soon. But once Michael was done with whatever he was doing he did indeed plan to bring Telya there. Therefore, he would've been in the area already as he was on his way in the grand scheme of things.

Anubis-
July 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM
If Michael escape, he has able to make new hybrids. Sure Michael got backup his notes in some other place.

x303
July 14th, 2008, 06:04 AM
yeah im thinking Micheal escaped in the PJ. coz

1) why wud the writers write in the PJ got stolen only for them to escape in another easy way not much for the plot

2) micheals a hybrid now so he may have a way of using the ATA gene. we know wraiths can't coz they're not close enuf to being ancients like us to have it. and the ancients put that in so only they cud use their tech for especially those circumstances

3) it is a pants way to get rid of a main villain, and this isn't then end becuase he has stations on many worlds.

michael must of taken the cloaked jumper dialed the gate and left somehow.

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I doubt he's dead, my guess is he took the jumper. I have no doubt that he has found a way to use Ancient tech.

Jumper_One
July 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I doubt he's dead, my guess is he took the jumper. I have no doubt that he has found a way to use Ancient tech.

you're right

mago1978
July 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I think it is important! ;) to note that it is more likely that the Wraith are indeed capable of developing an ATA vaccine and use it, however they would never do it because they would see that as an impurity, a contamination of their gene pool.

Do you remember how Michael was treated by the Wraith when he escaped from Atlantis? He had supposedly, at least according to Carson, returned to what he was before the gene therapy but the Wraith didn't see it that way. He was contaminated.

If Michael makes good use of the ATA gene and the captured Ancient tech, we may just end up seeing the Wraith feeling forced to keep up so to avoid total destruction, and if that happens... it will be a completely different ball game, not to mention that the series as hole will become, in my opinion (because of the Asgard upgrades), much more enjoyable to watch.

Dr. Dredd
July 15th, 2008, 06:37 AM
If only everyone could think like Ba'al.

I agree. There was a guy who could strategize. And if only they could all be as hot as Ba'al, it would be perfect.

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? :)

Infinatus
July 15th, 2008, 10:59 AM

Why would they bother with a "gene detecter" when they already had the ATA gene for security reasons? There's no evidence to suggest that the Wraith have previously developed a gene therapy. And for the record I hated when Mckay said "Bug bites human, thousand years go by, Wraith" in 38 Minutes. That simply isn't how evolution works.

Infinatus
July 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I like how rather than exert a modicome of thought on thinking of what coulda happened and whats gonna happen next we scream PLOT HOLE. Seriously, i keep seing threads that are easily answered if you pay attention to lore or can guess where the story is gonna go next. How bout we pass a morotorium on PLOTHOLE and try to come up with a reason something happened and wait to see if ur rite?

/end rant

Please read through posts in the future. Nobody has said that this is a plot hole. And for the record, if you are referring to the threads about that bloody awful beaming plot hole... It IS a plot hole and there is no easy save. The Daedalus beamed Ronon and Sheppard aboard while under fire in No Man's Land and didn't lower shields.