Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter came through the GATE?!

does Atlantis have a ZPM now?

or did the writers forget that they blew up Midway?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    does Atlantis have a ZPM now?

or did the writers forget that they blew up Midway?
    Midway was to save power on the ZPMs, but both Earth and Atlantis should still have functioning ZPMs last I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsong View Post
      midway was to save power on the zpms, but both earth and atlantis should still have functioning zpms last i checked.
      wow.... I missed that....

I seriously missed that...
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Indeed. 2, actually. 1 that's severely depleted, and one we stole from the Asurans.

Comment

i can think of a few reasons

1) The station was blown up, but except for the two final gates, the bridge should have remained intact, maybe it was rebuilt (I know they said they wouldnt but who really knows)

2) perhaps she went back on the daedalus, it would make sense if the earth ships were actually based on other planets.

Comment

I assumed she came on a ship. I did not consider that she came through the gate. The writers on SGA are not always consistent. They place dramatic effect in front of plot development. Its a choice that I bothers me.

Comment

doubt she went back on the daedy, not as heavily damaged as it was. sublight and hyperdrive were out, and it's been just hours - going by shep going into surgery.

theoretically midway could have been rebuilt, it just would have been consistent to have mentioned it
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                doubt she went back on the daedy, not as heavily damaged as it was. sublight and hyperdrive were out, and it's been just hours - going by shep going into surgery.

theoretically midway could have been rebuilt, it just would have been consistent to have mentioned it
                Exactly. The gate is the plot device; if it can be used, it will be.

StarGATE Atlantis.

This episode could easily have been a two-parter. I honestly wonder why it wasn't. They could have ended it, say, when they realized the jumper was gone. I just feel like the writers crammed way too much story into forty-odd minutes when they could have spent north of two hours. It was complete, don't get me wrong, but I felt like the whole thing was rushed, not in the sense of production quality or acting or execution, but in terms of plot.

They spent less time on the story than they should have, even though the story is complete, if that makes sense. This opening deserved more. Resolving Canaan's (sp?) fate would have been a huge bonus. I wonder if we'll ever see him again...
                Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

He'll be mentioned in the next episode.

Comment

LOLOL yeah its called STARGATE.

Why did people forget atlantis has a zpm all of a sudden? I mean theyve had one consistently for the last 3 years, hell a main character DIED getting the last one and somehow its missed.

Comment

Not to mention when the asuran's had control of Atlantis they brought in two other ZPM's. One for the ODDY and one for the outpost in Antartica. In Midway where Ronan was heading to Earth he explicity stated why can't he gate back to earth instead of sitting around in midway's quarantine, and shep replies to save power on the ZPM.

So Earth even has a ZPM that can send woosely to Atlantis in an hour, now that the Ori are gone

Comment

They still have the ZPM and can use it. Carter said she had to be back, I would imagine that she just use the Direct Connect Atlantis to SGC, to be back in time.

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Or, for all we know, the ending of the ep took place after Continuum, so Carter would be

Spoiler:
                          returning from Ba'als extraction
                          Mia: Don't you hate that?
                          Vincent: Hate what?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                            Or, for all we know, the ending of the ep took place after Continuum, so Carter would be

Spoiler:
                            returning from Ba'als extraction
                            wearing her atlantis uniform? no that doesn't make sense.

Comment

of course Atlantis has its ZPM's it has its shields.

Plus you can use the gate between galaxies without Midway, so I see no Plot hole.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X