X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Greenburg Talks Season 9

This is taken from "http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com"

MICHAEL GREENBURG TALKS SEASON 9

With grateful thanks to roving reporter Sally Allan for the scoop on Michael Greenburg’s panel at London’s Film and Comic Con this morning:

Greenburg confirmed for fans that series lead Richard Dean Anderson, who plays General Jack O'Neill, will be appearing in just *4* episodes total in Season 9.

Season 9 has yet to be officially confirmed by Sci Fi Channel and MGM.

Amanda Tapping, who plays Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, is expecting her first child and will be returning to the show in March 2005. It is not known how this will affect her appearances in the episodes filmed during the first half of the season.

Well if this is confirmation of season nine then Hurra!!
    But RDA only in 4 episodes I cant believe it!!!

What do you lot think? Is this confirmation enough of a ninth season or do we need MGM or Sci-fi to anounce it properly?

Here's a direct link for anyone who's interested
    http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip....php?p=159&c=1
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

This sounds like great news for some, and bad news for others. It also probably belongs in the Stargate News section.
    Rocky

Comment

And Flanigan talked about Atlantis Season 2 recently. My guess is still that both shows next seasons will be confirmed in the next issue of the Official Magazine.

Comment

*4* episodes with RDA. You have to be kidding me.

Comment

Of course this is good news that there could be a ninth season. I'm hoping for a second season of Atlantis as is many people.

Four episodes for RDA? I think it would be better just to write him out than have him for only four episodes.
          __

__

Comment

Interesting. My first thought? Only four episodes? Why bother?

Then again I know there are many people who feel like Stargate isn't Stargate without Jack, so at least there are those four episodes for them. Hopefully they'll be really good episodes with lots of RDA for all the Jack fans out there, and they'll use those episodes to find a good way to explain his absence.

Personally, I hope this does mean we'll get a Season 9. I don't watch for just Jack, and I love Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c together, so it sounds good to me.

However, I'm not counting on a Season 9 until we hear an official announcement. I'm cautious that way. Can't wait to hear for sure one way or another.

Comment

I think that it might be more productive for those of you who are angry about their only being four RDA episodes (if this information is correct), to think of it as four more episodes than you would have had without a ninth season.

I have trouble honestly, having sympathy for the idea that other people should be unhappy for getting at least some of what they want rather than getting something we all knew wasn't going to happen.

I would prefer four episodes where RDA was engaged and involved in the plot than what we have now.

Comment

one thing that's odd....amanda's returning in march?
                she's due in march. march 15th i believe.

now, just because she's given birth recently doesn't mean that she can't be on the show, gillian anderson certainly didn't take much maternity leave, and amanda can do whatever she wants of course, but it's just a little bit odd is all.

i'm sure, should she choose to return so soon, that bridge will do everything they can to accomodate her and her needs
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not really sure I want to see a season 9. But if there is one, I'm sure as hell gonna watch it. I don't think that Stargate SG-1 is as good as it used to be. But that could just be me.

I wonder how the rest of this season is gonna turn out...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    I'm not really sure I want to see a season 9. But if there is one, I'm sure as hell gonna watch it. I don't think that Stargate SG-1 is as good as it used to be. But that could just be me.

I wonder how the rest of this season is gonna turn out...
                    same here. thus far, while stargate's quality has certanly taken a dip lately, it's not quite as bad as andromeda or enterprise, both of which i've stopped watching (although i do catch enterprise upon occasion)

course, you know, this is why tptb know that, even if they crank out crud, it doesn't matter. folks will watch long enough to sell ads and make mgm money
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      Of course this is good news that there could be a ninth season. I'm hoping for a second season of Atlantis as is many people.

Four episodes for RDA? I think it would be better just to write him out than have him for only four episodes.
                      Well, they could be beginning the 9th season with a four episode-arc.
                      And have O'Neill written out somewhere along the way....
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        same here. thus far, while stargate's quality has certanly taken a dip lately, it's not quite as bad as andromeda or enterprise, both of which i've stopped watching (although i do catch enterprise upon occasion)

course, you know, this is why tptb know that, even if they crank out crud, it doesn't matter. folks will watch long enough to sell ads and make mgm money
                        Oh god Andromeda was just bad from the start. They had a few good episodes and that's about it. I actually kind of like Enterprise. I watch it every now and then.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                          Well, they could be beginning the 9th season with a four episode-arc.
                          And have O'Neill written out somewhere along the way....

I think that could work, as long as it was done correctly, and we actually see some good on-screen appearance from him if he was to be written out throughout four episodes. That would settle me.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
                            This is taken from "http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com"

MICHAEL GREENBURG TALKS SEASON 9

With grateful thanks to roving reporter Sally Allan for the scoop on Michael Greenburg’s panel at London’s Film and Comic Con this morning:

Greenburg confirmed for fans that series lead Richard Dean Anderson, who plays General Jack O'Neill, will be appearing in just *4* episodes total in Season 9.

Season 9 has yet to be officially confirmed by Sci Fi Channel and MGM.

Amanda Tapping, who plays Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, is expecting her first child and will be returning to the show in March 2005. It is not known how this will affect her appearances in the episodes filmed during the first half of the season.

Well if this is confirmation of season nine then Hurra!!
                            But RDA only in 4 episodes I cant believe it!!!

What do you lot think? Is this confirmation enough of a ninth season or do we need MGM or Sci-fi to anounce it properly?

Here's a direct link for anyone who's interested
                            http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip....php?p=159&c=1
                            With JF talking S2 for Atlantis, AT talking about returning in March and now Greenburg's comments, I get the impression that SciFi is dragging it's respective heels and the comments are meant to keep the pot boiling, so to speak . I keep thinking "tick, tick" time's rushing by and the announcements need to be made.
                            Slainte
                            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I think the signs are good for season 9 and I agree with Major Fischer that there is good chance the official confirmation will come in next issues of official stargate magazine. The reason I don’t want season 9 is because I think any show should end when the show is at the top, with RDA likely to reduced his appearance weather the show can be as successful as it is with him is something that really bothers me. On a positive note if there is a season 9, stargate will become the longest running sci-fi show.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X