This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld download section

i don't know what you all think but i'd like to see a download section in gateworld..
    (download section = place where you can download Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis wallpapers, screensavers and desktop themes, maybe some fonts [such as the alpabets of Ancients] and what ever more..)
    Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
    HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

I don't know, isn't that the kind of stuff you usually find on official sites?
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

LOTS of people have a media/downloads section. Which doesn't necessarily mean Gateworld shouldn't, but with stuff like wallpapers and sounds, it's usually too individual to be very effective. How do you know which wallpapers to make available? Which sounds? What screensavers could they have that aren't already somewhere else?

There IS a wallpapers thread here on the forums, though. *shrug* Still, it's an idea, and not a bad one. Go throw gummi bears at Darren and David until one or both give you an answer.

Comment

Not realy, they do do them, mainly basic but profettional ones, then, how can i put this, the less popular fansites, which are more creatic usualy do loads of walpapers, but i dont use any of them, then you get sites like gateworld, who just have good info, and done fill up with walpapers, i personely wouldent want to see wallpapers, unless they were very very good quality ones, design very well. Sorry if this offends anyone. But a language section would be good, but i think there doing this anyway later on.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          LOTS of people have a media/downloads section. Which doesn't necessarily mean Gateworld shouldn't, but with stuff like wallpapers and sounds, it's usually too individual to be very effective. How do you know which wallpapers to make available? Which sounds? What screensavers could they have that aren't already somewhere else?

There IS a wallpapers thread here on the forums, though. *shrug* Still, it's an idea, and not a bad one. Go throw gummi bears at Darren and David until one or both give you an answer.
          Your telling them to go ask David or Darren? You know especialy if you ask David something he tells you to go ask Darren and vice versa lol And you even asked twice.

Hum, i re-read the psot a few times, i re worded it a little but i dont thinks is soming over good, well, i dont mean to sound bad in anyway.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            I don't know, isn't that the kind of stuff you usually find on official sites?
            Indeed, but IMO, the official sites kinda suck. GateWorld!

Comment

I have proposed to Darren to do a downloads section of sorts, but already we have exclusive media available for download - the audio and video interviews and documentaries for example, are all downloadable. Wallpapers - well, everyone does wallpapers, and there are some excellent ones out there. One of these days we might bring someone aboard to design wallpapers, screen savers, etc, but our efforts are focused on other high-quality, exclusive items at the moment.

Personally what I'd like to see go into the GateWorld Store is exclusive merchandise such as hats (the kind with just the bill that wrap around and velcro to the back of your head, can't think of what they're called) with the GateWorld emblem. I wear those all the time. And shirts, of course, maybe high-quality mugs, or GW-symbol mission patches in black to go with your con outfit, but there's no way to know the interest people would have in such items.

Comment

I would be interested David why don't you set up new poll on the subject see what people think.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I've thought about it, but the reason I haven't done it is because at this point it's just not something we think it's worth investing in - again, at this point.

As GateWorld gradually gains more popularity (hopefully) it may be something down the road.

Comment

Feel free to throw gummi bears at David, anyway. Lick 'em first so they'll stick better.

I'd love GW merch. dunno about a visor, but I do like my hats. And mugs- provided it's a megamug. And I have a cool t-shirt collection.

It'll be something to look forward to, maybe. Some day.

Comment

I'd but GateWorld merch. :B

Comment

My family's a big fan of tall mugs, not the wimpy standard-assembly-line 3 inchers.

2005 is going to change everything for GateWorld. In a major way. - Darren's words, not mine, which is good. Especially the amount of new content that is kicked out. We've just started implementing a new system that will put many more hands into the bucket and get things rolling BIG time. Darren will be free to other stuff while others of us can do some dirty work. If the new software works, that is.

Transcripts, Summaries, a completed Omnipedia and loads of new features will only be months away.

Comment

Fingers crossed for the software working, then.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            My family's a big fan of tall mugs, not the wimpy standard-assembly-line 3 inchers.
                            David, I hereby formally request you make big GW beer mugs.

Comment

Originally posted by David

2005 is going to change everything for GateWorld. In a major way. - Darren's words, not mine, which is good. Especially the amount of new content that is kicked out. We've just started implementing a new system that will put many more hands into the bucket and get things rolling BIG time. Darren will be free to other stuff while others of us can do some dirty work. If the new software works, that is.

Transcripts, Summaries, a completed Omnipedia and loads of new features will only be months away.

Sounds like 2005 will be big. Is that a full-year summary, or just January?
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X