Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, this show can be serious and dark. Not everyone dying every second dark, but dark in content and mature. This was an episode that had roots in past storylines but moved things forward. It had great characterization and the relationships between the team was the focal point of the story.

Seriously heartwrenching ending.
    Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
      Woolsey was great, he is putting Carter to shame.
      Woolsey was a very strong character here, and they let you see just a few moments of fear on his face when the Replicaters where doing their thing, gotta give him credit for guts. Great episode for the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        * the awkward scene with Teyla - Weir/FRAn acted like they were old friends catching up and Teyla had no idea what to believe. It was good to find out the Athosians were off-world (setting up a new settlement I assume) and that Torren was there. It's also a nice touch having "Weir" know who Kanaan is.
        Actually I think Teyla was lying about Torren being off-world. She was protecting her son, not trusting why Weir was asking so not willing to give an honest answer. And you could see that Weir knew Teyla was lying, and it made her sad.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
          They say in science fiction "No one ever really dies," butsometime you just have to let go and say goodbye. If she's really gone, then this was not a totally sucky way to do it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

A sweet little "goodbye" scene would have been nice, though (sigh)...
          This post hits exactly how I felt right on the head. Overall, I thought this was a very strong episode. Very sad too at the end.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I kind of love hated this episode...I mean you could tell how much there was in place for Torri to be Weir, but how they "changed it all" when she didn't come back. The ending is just KILLING me though....so rough. They do seem to feel that darker is better, although there was some hope left with it.

It was good. But I think it would have been even better if only Weir was played by Torri.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
              See, this show can be serious and dark. Not everyone dying every second dark, but dark in content and mature. This was an episode that had roots in past storylines but moved things forward. It had great characterization and the relationships between the team was the focal point of the story.

Yes, and not every episode ends with a happy "oh lets grab a bite to eat in the mess hall"
              sigpic

Comment

I agree that Woolsey was good in this episode, but how did Coke put it? "Can't beat the real thing"???

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                  Actually I think Teyla was lying about Torren being off-world. She was protecting her son, not trusting why Weir was asking so not willing to give an honest answer. And you could see that Weir knew Teyla was lying, and it made her sad.
                  That's how I saw it too. But I felt so sad for Elizabeth when she stood up like she wanted to hug Teyla, and all she was met with was a bunch of guns in her face.
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by McKayManiacs92 View Post
                    I kind of love hated this episode...I mean you could tell how much there was in place for Torri to be Weir, but how they "changed it all" when she didn't come back. The ending is just KILLING me though....so rough. They do seem to feel that darker is better, although there was some hope left with it.

It was good. But I think it would have been even better if only Weir was played by Torri.
                    If you are feeling that strong about the ending, then it delivered. I hear where you are coming from. If it was Torri playing the part, we would of likely had to pass around a lot of Kleenex. Still a powerful episode don't get me wrong.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm finding Woolsey much more interesting than Carter for lead of Atlantis, I think because Carter was already such a developed character, it was hard for her to act or react in a surprising way. I had no idea Woolsey was going to bluff the replicators. I would have expected Carter wouldn't give in, but with Woolsey I was expecting him to cave. Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
                        Without Torri as the original actress, Michelle Morgan wouldn't have much to go off of. Are we happy they she can imitate a former actress on the show????? The character of Weir is nothing, without Tori developing it.
                        That's not giving enough credit to the Morgan. She did exactly what an actress is supposed to do. She adopted different vocal inflections and mannerisms in order to have the audience see the character in a certain way. In this case, the role she was playing was Weir - an established character with distinguishing physical characteristics and movements. Morgan was apparantly able to capture them so well that the audience bought her as Weir in a different body.

That's a serious testament to Morgan's abilities as an actress.
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a great episode. It wasn't my favorite of the season, and I wasn't even really looking forward to it, but MM was great as Weir.

Loved the ending When they take the show in a direction like this they always do it perfectly.

I was a little dissapointed that they only showed a few seconds of the actually city sinking into the ocean. That's probably my only complaint though.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post

That was the most emotional ending they've had in a very long time, I really didn't see it coming. It was genuinely moving, watching her float alone in the darkness of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Sending her own people to their death or to shutting down was truly a dark moment for Stargate Atlantis.
                              It was an awesome moment

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
                              As an actress would you come back again with that amount of screen time???
                              I'm pretty sure she did take that part, could be wrong though.

This ep reminds me of Miller's Crossing - interesting with some nice tension and character moments. And then a breathtaking ending. I found lots of good stuff here.
                              That was the best part of the episode for me. I loved the look on the second replicator's face when she came out on the other side of the gate.

Forgot to mention - LOVED finding out there are other technologically advanced races out there. Woo hoo!
                              Yeah you kinda get the feeling the last two episodes are setting up some great stuff later on.

"Not so fast my friend" (bad Lee Corso impersonation) I still prefer Carter but Woolsey has been awesome. The scene where he got stuck outside the transporter was hilarious.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                                Ah, good point. I'm sure you're right. Though I am wondering where the Athosians are. I realize Atlantis is a big city, but we never see them (except for Kanaan and Torren). I guess I was hoping for some answers. Oh well. It was still a great scene between them.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X