This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate?? Gone from the Basic story...Egypt

I started watching SG1 because it had my favorite subject ...Egypt....now its not so much..............today the show has drawn away by having killer metalic bugs, killer infersting bugs, an imposible love story and earths travels in space...........what happed??? I still love the show but seriosly changed..........what do u think?
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

The show has grown and evolved beyond its original concept. If a show didn't change it would become stagnant and be cancelled. Growing and changind beyond the scope of the original idea is the mark of a very good show.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      The show has grown and evolved beyond its original concept. If a show didn't change it would become stagnant and be cancelled. Growing and changind beyond the scope of the original idea is the mark of a very good show.
      I agree, but let's not forget the Egyptian influence. It's part of what gives the Stargate mythothogy its style.

I did notice that the people who came to this thread all show Egyptian influence themselves!
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
        I did notice that the people who came to this thread all show Egyptian influence themselves!
        how do you mean?

Comment

Anubis is the Egyptian Jackel God of the Underworld. You, SPG are using Skarra's face as his Avatar. Skarra's ansestors were Egyptian. My name Hatusu, is short for Hatshepsut, the female Pharaoh of Egypt.

Comment

Anubis is the Egyptian Jackel God of the Underworld. You, SPG are using Skarra's face as his Avatar. Skarra's ansestors were Egyptian. My name Hatusu, is short for Hatshepsut, the female Pharaoh of Egypt.
            oh ok, the skaara avatar is really just a filler till i can unlock thor

Comment

Yes, that would throw off my theory.....except that Norse (and Greek) mythology were influenced by Egyptian mythology! Heehee.

It's true!
              Osiris/Ra, Zeus, Odin

Hathor, Aphrodite, Freya

Isis, Hera, Frigg

Horus, Aries, Thor

Seth, Dyonisis , Loki

Anubis, Haides, Hel (female)

Comment

If a show didn't change it would become stagnant and be cancelled.
                Because of course being fresh and vital is a sure way not to be cancelled.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

My name Hatusu, is short for Hatshepsut, the female Pharaoh of Egypt.
                  I've always thought it'd be cool to meet her. I figure Cleopatra and Nefertiti were both highly overrated.

Comment

If a show didn't change it would become stagnant and be cancelled.
                    So explain the ridiculous success of Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      I've always thought it'd be cool to meet her. I figure Cleopatra and Nefertiti were both highly overrated.
                      I think they were all interesting women. Egypt flourished under Cleopatra, until she was defeated. I'd like to meet Nefertiti. She led a very interesting life, and may have been Pharoah for two years herself. It's a theory that she was Smenkare.

Hey, Akenaten as Goa'uld. I know he was a real person, but it just fits!

Comment

Hey, Akenaten as Goa'uld. I know he was a real person, but it just fits!
                        Wasn't Imhotep real, too? Just 'cause a person really existed doesn't mean he wasn't a goa'uld.

Comment

Yes, that would throw off my theory.....except that Norse (and Greek) mythology were influenced by Egyptian mythology! Heehee.

It's true!
                          Osiris/Ra, Zeus, Odin

Hathor, Aphrodite, Freya

Isis, Hera, Frigg

Horus, Aries, Thor

Seth, Dyonisis , Loki

Anubis, Haides, Hel (female)
                          Not necessarily. In my opinion, i think it would be logical to come up with any of those gods or goddesses without any outside interference. Early humans wanted explanations for everyday things. they did not have any kind of knowlege of weather, astronomical events, natural disasters, etc..., so they turned to religion to explain everything. The easiest way to do this is to come up with one deity for each event, or position, even, such as a ruler for them all to keep their powers in check. Also, a ruler of all the gods and goddesses would be symbolized by something with great power or life-giving potential, such as Zeus was symbolized with thunder and lightning and Ra was symbolized by the Sun. (I don't know a darn thing about Norse mythology except that Thor had a hammer that produced thunder when thrown.)
                          Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                          O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Wasn't Imhotep real, too? Just 'cause a person really existed doesn't mean he wasn't a goa'uld.
                            Yes, he directed the building of the first pyramid. I always hated that he was portrayed as an evil mummy in the movies (although I loved both versions), He was a genius.

I forgot how they used him in "Stargate SG1"

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf 1
                              Not necessarily. In my opinion, i think it would be logical to come up with any of those gods or goddesses without any outside interference. Early humans wanted explanations for everyday things. they did not have any kind of knowlege of weather, astronomical events, natural disasters, etc..., so they turned to religion to explain everything. The easiest way to do this is to come up with one deity for each event, or position, even, such as a ruler for them all to keep their powers in check. Also, a ruler of all the gods and goddesses would be symbolized by something with great power or life-giving potential, such as Zeus was symbolized with thunder and lightning and Ra was symbolized by the Sun. (I don't know a darn thing about Norse mythology except that Thor had a hammer that produced thunder when thrown.)
                              OK, you can argue some of them, but they're pretty certain about Hathor and Aphrodite, because the influence was recorded at the time. I'm not an Egyptologist, but I've seen articles mentioning this.

Comment

Working...
                              X