• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Seed' (502) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 502

When an alien organism triggers a quarantine and incapacitates Dr. Keller, the team revives an old friend from stasis for help.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 04 February 2021, 12:07 AM.

Wow! First post!

Very cool episode! I was afraid at first when Woolsey was spouting all those rules and such. Nice to see Dr. Beckett out of stasis. I was afraid that they were going to pop him out and have him solve that and then put him back in! I'm glad that wasn't the case. I hate the new briefing table! Commanders shouldn't be allowed to change the briefing tables, at least not for something like Atlantis. I was surprised that Kanan and some of the others were cured from being hybrids, and more surprised that it was with the retrovirus with a few modifications! I guess that since they were only minor part Wraith (relatively speaking) that they only needed one dose instead of the daily doses.

The Wraith bug/virus was pretty cool and kind of disgusting. Wonder how exactly the team got exposed on Michael's compound. I'm also glad that we finally got an idea of how hive ships are grown. Would Atlantis have turned into a hive ship if that wasn't stopped? How would that work? Does the second conciousness in Keller mean that hive ships have a sense of being and awareness or not? I would think not since it didn't show up as a life sign, but there's too many unanswered questions there to speculate on the matter.

It was funny how the team mentioned the alternate timeline and Woolsey in charge stuff.

I was wondering how they were going to solve this inside of 45 minutes and I was pleasantly surprised. It was such a joy seeing Dr. Beckett again! I wonder how long he will be back on Earth and I was glad and surprised that Woolsey allowed him to stay on Atlantis to work on the problem. I hope that they eventually cure him completley or something like that and don't have to put him back in stasis again.

Was it just me or did Zelenka look different in this episode? His hair and teeth looked different to me.

I liked how Woolsey bended a little to the established rules and such, I was afraid that he was going to be all bearucratical through the whole episode. IF Woolsey makes decisions like this, maybe this season won't be that bad afterall.

I'm not surprised by Woolsey being disappointed that even he couldn't follow his own rules.

A very good episode and I'm glad that Woolsey joining the cast wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

Vala,
    Last edited by Vala_M; 18 July 2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

The whole thing I was wondering while I was watching this episode was why is it that Teyla seems to be back on active duty as if her indecision while she was pregnant never happened. I full well expected them to have an episode addressing Teyla's unwillingness to return to active duty, because she was concerned about her son growing up without parents. I must admit I was midly surprised to see her leading the team through the city, P90 in hand.

Coolest part of the episode was seeing Shepard crash the jumper into the tower and then get stabbed by a tenctacle. lol.

Comment

SO THAT's where the hive ships come from! OMG

So is there a person in each hive? WOW this is cool

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
          The whole thing I was wondering while I was watching this episode was why is it that Teyla seems to be back on active duty as if her indecision while she was pregnant never happened. I full well expected them to have an episode addressing Teyla's unwillingness to return to active duty, because she was concerned about her son growing up without parents. I must admit I was midly surprised to see her leading the team through the city, P90 in hand.

Coolest part of the episode was seeing Shepard crash the jumper into the tower and then get stabbed by a tenctacle. lol.
          Didn't you listen to John, In this episode a month has passed between the events of Search and Rescue and the Seed. That would explain why she can wield a P90. Also, she wasn't "leading the team" She was just helping Atlantis with the Tentacle problem since the rest of the team was infected. Also, I think she is going to go to earth on the daedalus.
          Last edited by segaxgames; 19 July 2008, 03:11 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Good episode. Better then I thought it was going to bed. Make me wonder. Do the Wraith take human women inject them with the Virus and create their Queens and Hive ships that way. Like when the ship is complete it detaches from the person and the person comes out a queen.

Carson is going to Earth. Teyla isn't going to go to Earth since Kenon wouldn't be allowed and her people are in a time of need.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
              Didn't you listen to John, In this episode a month has passed between the events of Search and Rescue and the Seed. Also, I think she is going to go to earth on the daedalus.
              Eh, what are you talking about?

Comment

This one was even better than I thought it would be.
                Not many funny lines but Rodney's reluctance to stand up in the beginning was funny. It also showed the discontent they all had about Carter being replaced.

There were a lot of threads woven into the story to make it a good one.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

First episode in quite a while that really gave me the SGA feel. However, next week's episode seems to really bring back the good ol' days.
                  Line in the Sand - Episode 1012

"We must stand fight!"

Comment

Boy, Woolsey had a tough first challenge. He didn't pass with flying colors, but it is good to see that he is open to suggestions.
                    If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                      I full well expected them to have an episode addressing Teyla's unwillingness to return to active duty, because she was concerned about her son growing up without parents. I must admit I was midly surprised to see her leading the team through the city, P90 in hand.
                      Really? From this bunch of male writers?

ladyjanus

Comment

Was not the best episode of the series. But it opened up two good things. First the return of Carson, and the introduction of Woolsey. I liked how they shaped him as leader in his first crisis and was totally upset about breaking the rules and protocol. Sheppard shook his hand basically saying this is what has to be done in Atlantis. I really liked that part and thought it was great to open the season with the new leader in charge. A lot better than when Carter first came onto Atlantis. There was more tension with Woolsey and the remarks and rolling eyes were priceless. This is what I was expecting with Woolsey and so far so good. So an episode I knew was not going to be an epic episode still did the job by returning a beloved character and started the blue prints for the new leader of Atlantis. So this episode basically served it's purpose.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think that this episode was really good. i liked the little side mentions of "The Last man" in it, however the new table has GOT to go. I feel that there should have been more McKay Complaining. Wouldn't McKay normally fight to be put into isolation like that? At least i feel he would have but that's just cause i am a total McKay fan girl ^^ Anyway, The special FX make up in this episode was positivally beautiful. The best part was that it looked real. ^^ And also...poor Sheppard! My god...all the shep whumpers were probably bouncing out of there seats. LOLS ^^ I'm more of a rodney whumper but i kinda felt that the last wound Sheppard got was a little rushed. It made me feel like the writters were like- "Ok...last few seconds...let's have sheppard harpooned with one of the tenticle thingys" I mean yeah it added drama to it and stuff but i felt a just a bit rushed to me. That's just what i think though but i love this ep either way. I Can't wait until the next one ^^

Peace, Love and Chocolate in the Galaxy,
                          Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                          sigpic

Comment

Caught the last 20 minutes. Boring, plodding, and lacking tension with a paint by numbers plot. Shep saves the day by circumventing the plan and going off on his own! Woolsey learns a Very Special Lesson about the rules! I never would have guessed it!

Methinks all this talk about Woolsey bringing conflict to SGA is going to be quite the exaggeration.

Comment

I guess this is the same material that was covering the Queen in Spoils of War. I was a little unnerved by the way they treated Carter's departure as opposed to Weir's. Not once did they say it was "difficult" without Weir, who had been there for 3 years. Carter was there for only one year. Also, I did not like how they attributed their victories in Season 4 to Carter.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X