This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

1 - The ending, with Shep saving the day, yet again, was a bit of a drag. Ho, hum, the usual ending.

2 - I was wondering where Teyla's baby was in her scenes. Does Atlantis have a day care center? Glad to hear Kanaan was still around, even if he wasn't with his child.

3 - Good to see Zelenka again.

1 -
    I agree. Sometimes they need to come up with better "save-the-day" endings. It's becomin a little tiring seeinf Sheppard in the infirmary.

2 - It wouldn't surprise me if Teyla's baby is on the mainland with the newly arrived Athosians. Not the hybrids, but the Athosians who weren't altered.

3 - I liked seeing Zalenka again, too. He looked a little different to me, though.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

This episode was way better than even what I was expecting. Having Carson out of stasis and healthy again was great. And the actual story of the episode was very entertaining to me. And enlightening about the Wraith.

After seeing Woolsey in command for the first time, I have to say, I am really looking forward to seeing his character grow over the course of the season. He is going to have to learn that the rules only work part of the time.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How did Keller look weak?

She kicked off the show by working herself to exhaustion and saving Carson. Then she was incapacitated for the rest of it, and she handled that fact just fine!

Sigh.

If they have things go well for Keller, everyone whines about how the writers are doing too much for her. When they don't, everyone whines that she's weak. There's no pleasing anybody with her. 95% of the fan base has made up their minds one direction or another, and those mindsets won't ever change, no matter what appears on the screen in the future.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
          How did Keller look weak?

She kicked off the show by working herself to exhaustion and saving Carson. Then she was incapacitated for the rest of it, and she handled that fact just fine!

Sigh.

If they have things go well for Keller, everyone whines about how the writers are doing too much for her. When they don't, everyone whines that she's weak. There's no pleasing anybody with her. 95% of the fan base has made up their minds one direction or another, and those mindsets won't ever change, no matter what appears on the screen in the future.
          Keller should of took the risk with the gene therapy to try and save Carson. Mckay and Carson would of taken the risk. She just did not seem sure of herself and it made her look weak. Don't worry I still like Keller and she has plenty of more eps to go.
          sigpic

Comment

That's fair, Brian. I hadn't thought of that moment, and while I don't agree with that interpretation, it's perfectly valid.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              WHA? The characters are what drove this episode. The plot was weak and the characters turned a weak plot into a good episode. If it was a good plot the ep would of likely been a top 10 episode.
              *sigh* I don't know. Maybe it was that Sheppard had more dialogue with Woolsey than he did with McKay. Everything just felt off to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, I thought this episode was alright and usually I'm fine with the Keller character, but was I the only one wondering why she didn't tell anybody sooner that she woke up with goop on her hands? I know she was going to do a scan later, but personally I would have been a bit concerned if that happened to me.
                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

I forgot about Keller's voice when the "seed" took over. It sounded dark but not over the top, I loved it.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post

1 -
                    I agree. Sometimes they need to come up with better "save-the-day" endings. It's becomin a little tiring seeinf Sheppard in the infirmary.

2 - It wouldn't surprise me if Teyla's baby is on the mainland with the newly arrived Athosians. Not the hybrids, but the Athosians who weren't altered.

3 - I liked seeing Zalenka again, too. He looked a little different to me, though.
                    I have to say that as a hardcore Shep fan, I agree that this time his save-the-day actions didn't really seem that great.
                    McKay: I am a science team!

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                      Okay, I thought this episode was alright and usually I'm fine with the Keller character, but was I the only one wondering why she didn't tell anybody sooner that she woke up with goop on her hands? I know she was going to do a scan later, but personally I would have been a bit concerned if that happened to me.
                      It seemed to me as though her mind was affected from the very beginning when she first noticed the slime.

Comment

Originally posted by kot815 View Post
                        I have to say that as a hardcore Shep fan, I agree that this time his save-the-day actions didn't really seem that great.
                        \

What I didn't get was why the things didn't attack him as soon as he came into the room.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                          That's fair, Brian. I hadn't thought of that moment, and while I don't agree with that interpretation, it's perfectly valid.
                          See I try and pick out the good rather than the bad. I normally don't pick out the flaws or bad parts but just the parts I thought were well done. That is my nature and is likely why some of Anti's hate me, because I can be too postive and optimistic. This episode was good in the fact that it returned Carson and introduced Woolsey very well. Keller was just not the focus in this episode except for being infected.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            I forgot about Keller's voice when the "seed" took over. It sounded dark but not over the top, I loved it.
                            Yeah, that was pretty well done.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but if I was the "Tentacles", I would have threatened to harm Keller if I was going to be attacked by the rest of the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                                It seemed to me as though her mind was affected from the very beginning when she first noticed the slime.
                                They did mention that later, so I guess I should have just put two and two together.
                                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Working...
                                X