Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to like Woolsey being on the show. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to like Woolsey himself... but him being on the show might bring out some other traits in the team that we haven't seen before. I think this could allow for some nice character development. It was nice to see that Woolsey does have some emotions...

Having Carson back in action was so incredibly nice!! And I was very happy with the end of the episode, I was so very worried that he would just get stuck back in the stasis chamber for use again at another time. But no, it looks like they are going to be treating him as the real deal. They let him go home and visit his mum. Perfect. While I still wish we had more eps with him this season, I can take the episodes without better knowing that he is at home recovering, not frozen in a lonely chamber. \

This wasn't a great episode in my opinion, it wasn't a "wow, that was awesome" kind of ep, but it was very enjoyable. I was not disappointed at all. It was just a good, well rounded episode IMO.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Woolsey is going be like that, hmm?

I guess every series needs a weenie al-a Frank Burns. I just hope he lightens up and cones to understand how Weir felt when each of her command decisions were questioned by the IOA and that not a lot out there "in the field" goes smoothly and by the book.

If he does lighten up somewhat, I expect he'll tell the IAO to kiss off.

There's going to have to be an episode where the established rules don't apply and he has to rely on the very un-by-the-book Sheppard to save the day (again).

Comment

I have to watch it again as I was being interrupted all the time, but it didn't strike me as a great episode.

Okay, we got one or two lines to know that Kanan is alive and well and stuck on the mainland. In next week's episode, the big bad poisonous snake nails him (just theorizing if we never hear about him again)...

Need to rewatch (constant interruptions) but wow, it's been three weeks (or a month, if we stretch it) since Sheppard recovers from being impaled, and now the evil seed weed thing impales him in the gut (I slo-mo-ed the scene, just to see). Guy's got no luck, but now, plenty of surgical scars (but as a whumper, well, not complaining too much).

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
          Good episode. Better then I thought it was going to bed. Make me wonder. Do the Wraith take human women inject them with the Virus and create their Queens and Hive ships that way. Like when the ship is complete it detaches from the person and the person comes out a queen.
          That would be cool...
          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            Caught the last 20 minutes. Boring, plodding, and lacking tension with a paint by numbers plot. Shep saves the day by circumventing the plan and going off on his own! Woolsey learns a Very Special Lesson about the rules! I never would have guessed it!

Methinks all this talk about Woolsey bringing conflict to SGA is going to be quite the exaggeration.
            There was a scene earlier in the episode where he got into it with Shep. There was tention between him and Keller in the briefing room and he was at odds with Carson through most of the episode.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Caught the last 20 minutes. Boring, plodding, and lacking tension with a paint by numbers plot. Shep saves the day by circumventing the plan and going off on his own! Woolsey learns a Very Special Lesson about the rules! I never would have guessed it!

Methinks all this talk about Woolsey bringing conflict to SGA is going to be quite the exaggeration.
              Well from what I saw is that Woolsey is not going to just let the rules go and he will still play by the rule book. So there will likely be some real tension and conflict issue where Woolsey wants to go by the book and may even do so, and it will likely cause conflinct since it will be the wrong decision. I see the last scene with Woolsey and Sheppard as a preview of what is to come. It's not going to be an easy ride, since Woolsey is still going to want to follow the rules and if he breaks them he is not going to be easy on himself or the crew of Atlantis.

I think Woolsey is going to be really be great this season.
              sigpic

Comment

Well it wasn't the best ep but it was good. I definitely liked the tension between the team and Woolsey at the beginning. All ready he was willing to sacrifice Keller. At least it will be an interesting season with him in charge.
                McKay: I am a science team!

Comment

Kind of a mediocre ep. Woosley was as I expected and I expect to see more of the same. It was nice that Zelenka got a little screen time from rodney. Beckett seriously does need to be placed in charge of medical.

The plot was iffy and redundant. The show still lacks a real sense of danger. Seeing Keller all gooey made me laugh. Ronon running through the tentacles was just ridicules. The jumper crashing in at the end...oh boy. I thought for sure he would crashed right on top of Keller...killing her instantly.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    I guess this is the same material that was covering the Queen in Spoils of War. I was a little unnerved by the way they treated Carter's departure as opposed to Weir's. Not once did they say it was "difficult" without Weir, who had been there for 3 years. Carter was there for only one year. Also, I did not like how they attributed their victories in Season 4 to Carter.
                    I loved that scene. She went off-world to help in the rescue efforts at least as much (if not more) in one season than any base commander on either show and the team was greatful for it.

As far as Weir not getting the same respect, Shep showed that respect in last week's episode when he told Carter he was getting on the jumper and there were several scenes last season where the team expressed their remorse over losing her.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

This was an interesting episode in that we get a hint on how hive ships are "grown".

Woolsey was interesting. I was ready to absolutely hate him, but I didn't. When he discovered Keller had a "maybe" cure for Carson and was her usual wussy, wimpy self and was afraid to try it, she was put in her place and told to defrost Carson and TRY the damned thing. I took to Mr. Woolsey right then. Crybaby Keller would have left Carson to rot in that pod, too fearful to try her potential serum, until Woolsey kicked her butt. Love it.

Loved seeing Carson again. He is such a better doctor than Keller, I was wishing they would just kill her off when they destroyed the organisim so Carson could take his rightful place. Keller is such a loser character!

The ending, with Shep saving the day, yet again, was a bit of a drag. Ho, hum, the usual ending.

I was wondering where Teyla's baby was in her scenes. Does Atlantis have a day care center? Glad to hear Kanaan was still around, even if he wasn't with his child.

This episode got a B from me. Good to see Zelenka again. Woolsey was a surprising plus, but I still can't stand Keller. Bring Carson back as the doctor, and I'll accept everything else. Maybe.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

This episode was a disappointment. The actors seemed really flat and that stuff on Keller didn't look scary, just silly. And PS. I miss Sam already.
                        sigpic

Comment

How do you know it was a paint-by-numbers plot if saw 1/3 of the episode?
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            This was an interesting episode in that we get a hint on how hive ships are "grown".

Woolsey was interesting. I was ready to absolutely hate him, but I didn't. When he discovered Keller had a "maybe" cure for Carson and was her usual wussy, wimpy self and was afraid to try it, she was put in her place and told to defrost Carson and TRY the damned thing. I took to Mr. Woolsey right then. Crybaby Keller would have left Carson to rot in that pod, too fearful to try her potential serum, until Woolsey kicked her butt. Love it.

Loved seeing Carson again. He is such a better doctor than Keller, I was wishing they would just kill her off when they destroyed the organisim so Carson could take his rightful place. Keller is such a loser character!

The ending, with Shep saving the day, yet again, was a bit of a drag. Ho, hum, the usual ending.

I was wondering where Teyla's baby was in her scenes. Does Atlantis have a day care center? Glad to hear Kanaan was still around, even if he wasn't with his child.

This episode got a B from me. Good to see Zelenka again. Woolsey was a surprising plus, but I still can't stand Keller. Bring Carson back as the doctor, and I'll accept everything else. Maybe.
                            I have to agree with you. Woolsey and Carson both shined in this episode. Keller just looked weak from the start and I was really hoping to get more of a backbone from her this season. Well it's only one ep, but she went backwards instead of forward, imo. I would also give the episode a B for the character moments. They were really solid, imo. The last scene with Woolsey and Sheppard was also good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved the episode and Woosley as commander though I think I found a plothole.

Spoiler:

Why didn't the organism affect Carter the whole year she spent on alternate Earth in Stargate Continuum? I mean it was more then enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                                This episode was a disappointment. The actors seemed really flat and that stuff on Keller didn't look scary, just silly. And PS. I miss Sam already.
                                WHA? The characters are what drove this episode. The plot was weak and the characters turned a weak plot into a good episode. If it was a good plot the ep would of likely been a top 10 episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X