Beaming tech, warning Search and Rescue info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming tech, warning Search and Rescue info

I watch Search and Rescue and there the Daedalus shields had to be lowered to beam John and Ronon from the planet onto the ship. However in the episode No Man's Land the Daedalus beams John, Ronon, Rodney and Michael from a Wraith Transport onto the Daedalus through the shields while a Hive is firing on the Transport and the Daedalus.

Why do we need to lower our shields now while we didn't need to lower them before.

The Asgard were also shown to be able to beam people through the shield (Nemesis).

And while the shield were lowered a jumper could enter the Daedalus, but in Lifeline they could also enter with the shields up.

Hmmm. Possibly a flaw in production, however it could be a result of the upgrade that mckay wrote to improve the shield strength of the daedalus in Tao Of Rodney which was after the allies conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
      Hmmm. Possibly a flaw in production, however it could be a result of the upgrade that mckay wrote to improve the shield strength of the daedalus in Tao Of Rodney which was after the allies conflict.
      There's no evidence that upgrade was ever used. And it was probably done to allow the Daedalus to be damaged, thus increasing the "drama" of the episode...
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
        I watch Search and Rescue and there the Daedalus shields had to be lowered to beam John and Ronon from the planet onto the ship. However in the episode No Man's Land the Daedalus beams John, Ronon, Rodney and Michael from a Wraith Transport onto the Daedalus through the shields while a Hive is firing on the Transport and the Daedalus.

Why do we need to lower our shields now while we didn't need to lower them before.

The Asgard were also shown to be able to beam people through the shield (Nemesis).

And while the shield were lowered a jumper could enter the Daedalus, but in Lifeline they could also enter with the shields up.
        How did you watch search and resuce when i doesnt air for another 2 days unless u watched it on the internet which isnt allowed and get u in deep trouble with mgm, gateworld, and the govrnment (assuming ur in the us.)
        sigpic

Comment

you wont. thats ridiculous. gateworld doesnt care about that, unless you post links and vids directly on this site, aswell as pics i believe. so as long as gateworld isnt used to spread the leaked eppy, its totally fine. naming sites, giving adresses to sites, or links aswell as guides to sites which have the eppy, is forbidden. so dont start talking about getting in deep trouble. even if i would get, privacy laws of my country allow me to sue the ones accusing me. cause that means they checked private information.

Comment

i see.
            sigpic

Comment

Uploading an episode on the internet is forbidden, watching isn't

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                There's no evidence that upgrade was ever used. And it was probably done to allow the Daedalus to be damaged, thus increasing the "drama" of the episode...
                Unfortunately i have to totally agree.

My opinion behind spoiler tags:
                Spoiler:

The Daedalus had to be damaged, so that there could be a stalemate, they could launch 302s we could see an awesome fight. And of course they needed a way to save Teyla, so they needed to get into the cruiser. That's why they needed the 302s out there etc......

I'm just sorry that they sacrifice continuity. They could have figured out 1000 ways to have the Daedalus damaged, thus getting us our stalemate and awesome F-302 scenes. But this was convenient for the writers.
                Edit:
                It would have been much more easier to have Mikey's cruiser hit the Daedalus as they come out of hyperspace, damage done, the Daedalus makes off one last shot with the Asgard beams on the cruisers hyperdrives, beams up Shep and Ronon, takes on Carter, and then continue on as we seen in the eppy.
                Last edited by SoulAssassino; 10 July 2008, 02:10 AM. Reason: added info
                Trailers and PR
                Stargate: War Begins team
                http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                forums:
                http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

im just gonna guess the shield always provides interference but we can usually overlook it because its not very disruptive but since they were burried very deep they had to loose their shield
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                    i see.
                    I'm sorry but i just have to say,
                    You got freaking owned.
                    Also, you do know that the government can't do crap about it. Go on any torrent site, there are THOUSANDS of people downloading music, movies and games. Spiderman 3, a global block buster was taped countless times in the theaters, when that is actually illegal if you are caught. Pirating movies and downloading em online, or just watching online can't get you into any trouble cause most people, if they are smart, hide their ISP, not allowing them to be shown across the network.

Alot of things are pirated now, don't be surprised. The music industry is falling due to pirating.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                      I'm sorry but i just have to say,
                      You got freaking owned.
                      Also, you do know that the government can't do crap about it. Go on any torrent site, there are THOUSANDS of people downloading music, movies and games. Spiderman 3, a global block buster was taped countless times in the theaters, when that is actually illegal if you are caught. Pirating movies and downloading em online, or just watching online can't get you into any trouble cause most people, if they are smart, hide their ISP, not allowing them to be shown across the network.

Alot of things are pirated now, don't be surprised. The music industry is falling due to pirating.
                      This is true. I'm not saying that Cephalus did the right thing by threatening with getting in trouble.
                      It is really hard to get into trouble if you download stuff.
                      But still. Pirating is bad. I'm not saying i don't download, because i do. But i buy what i like afterwards, thus supporting the authors. Because if you just download, there won't be new SG-1 movies, or a new SG series. Buy the DVDs, if you like them!!!! I will!

Sorry for going a bit too off topic.
                      Last edited by SoulAssassino; 10 July 2008, 02:57 AM. Reason: corrected bad info+typo
                      Trailers and PR
                      forums:

sigpic

Comment

Dear TPTB,

Asgard beaming tech not working through Asgard shield. Keyword ASGARD!! This is as flawed as the wrong model used for the O'Neill class ship in SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          This is as flawed as the wrong model used for the O'Neill class ship in SG1.
                          What do you mean?
                          Trailers and PR
                          forums:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
                            What do you mean?
                            In Camelot, the ORI fleet decimates the MW Alliance. You see a small O'Neill class ship being destroyed super fast. After the episode aired, they admited that they used the wrong model for that ship. It was as big as the Daniel Jackson. Same thing with this whole drop the shield thing. They gave us tension and suspense at the expense of 5 years of Asgard tech.

Comment

The way I have always understood it is that fighters can launch from inside the shield and things can be beamed out through the shield, but it doesn't work the other way round for either.

In 'No Man's Land' we saw the 302s leaving the ship and passing through the shields, to me this is fine.
                              Can anyone name a specific instance where we have seen someone being beamed on to a 304 or entering one in a Jumper/Fighter etc while the shields have definitely been up.
                              I'm not just talking about them not saying the shields have been lowered, I mean where we have visibly seen a vessel's shields are up at the same time as a vessel has been entering it or someone has been beamed aboard.

If so, then yes this is a direct violation of canon evidence.
                              If not, then the events of S&R are merely violating fan assumptions, which are not canon and which means that S&R does not violate canon.

Comment

Working...
                              X