Travelers Vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelers Vs. Wraith

Why dont they go and fight the wraith with their ships and all. they got shields and weapons. a bit woosy!

they dont have that many ships and shields, they would get owned.

U have to remember that the entire population of the Travelers live on those ships so if one ship gets destroyed they lose a significant amount of their people.

So no, not a bit 'woosy'...
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

U have to remember that the entire population of the Travelers live on those ships so if one ship gets destroyed they lose a significant amount of their people.

So no, not a bit 'woosy'...
      so why'd they commit so many ships to destroying the asurans. they're no more of a threat than the wraith.

Comment

Are you kidding me? the Asurans no more a threat than the Waith... gimme a break! The Asurans had an unlimited amount of ZPM's and Drones and were quite capable of building warships with inter-glactic hyperdrives! O and they were wiping out every human in the PG.
        Meh.

Comment

Are you kidding me? the Asurans no more a threat than the Waith... gimme a break! The Asurans had an unlimited amount of ZPM's and Drones and were quite capable of building warships with inter-glactic hyperdrives! O and they were wiping out every human in the PG.
          They started wiping out all the humans after atlantis re-activated the command code to kill the wraith. killing all the humans was a tactic of wiping out the wraith- starvation. before the encounter with the asurans, they kept to themselves. had they not learnt about atlantis's existance, they would have stayed neutral with atlantis.

Comment

The Asurans destruction was a revenge thing. The Asurans destroyed a society that was befriended with the Travelers. Beside if all human societies were destroyed the travelers would have anyone to trade with and the had to stay longer on the ground to gain resources.

Comment

one traveler ship was lost in the battle of asuras with the amount of fire that was given to it, a wraith cruiser would easily destroy a traveler ship
              sigpic

Comment

They're ships aren't that good, also they live on their ships if one ship gets destroyed its gone forever.

Some races need to survive, not go on all out war with the most powerful race in the galaxy.
                Perhaps Puff

Comment

Well, I believe they aren't that strong, but they are probably no warships. They are made to flee the Wraith and not to fight them (or anyone else).

Spoiler:
                  I wonder how things are going to be in season 5. In the Spoilers of The Lost Tribe Zelenka and Sheppard join a Travelers ship and it's crew to stop Todd, who has captured the Apollo.

Comment

I reckon the Traveler Class Ship could beat a Wraith cruiser 1 on 1 comfortably and would be outgunned by 2 or 3 of them. Its nowhere near a match for a hive and all of the darts though. The Travelers would lose a war with the Wraith as all of their ships are over 10,000 years old and they have no way to replenish the fleet(Ship-wise or personnel-wise). Even with the Aurora they have the best they could do is launch a Guerilla style war- without it its pointless as they wouldn't be able to do enough damage quickly with the weapons on their ships.

Comment

Agreed. The travelers ships are old and need repair.

Comment

The Travelers would get spanked across Pegasus by the Wraith. I can't imagine the race that defeated the Ancients (the most advanced race ever bar possibly the Ori) being beaten by the Travelers.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You mean... like the Wraith?

*runs*
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            The Travelers would get spanked across Pegasus by the Wraith. I can't imagine the race that defeated the Ancients (the most advanced race ever bar possibly the Ori) being beaten by the Travelers.
                            I wouldn't say that. The Traveler ship that got destroyed was taking severe damage from two Aurora-class warships at once. And it held out against those drones and energy weapons for a good bit even after its sheilds failed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZLCVIAkwQKU
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

But there's that half supported behind the scene horrible rationalization that those Auroras were pale copies of the true ones, which is what Joe said, which is why I called them Aurorags actually.

As a rule of thumb, I never use the Auroras built by the Asurans to demonstrate the best Auroras can do, but what the true class could do at least.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X