Stargate invading ABC children shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate invading ABC children shows?

i turned my tv on just then to launch the old 360 up to play a movie streamed from my pc and the first channel that popped up was a show called silversun. this normally would not have peaked my interest but to my surprise i saw a very low-res daedalus class ship sitting on screen.

check the link for a few pics. How did they think they would blatantly copy a populary series ship like that all i can say is LOL!

http://www.abc.net.au/silversun/fanp...starrunner.htm

Starlight
    I will be chasing the starlight, Until the end of my life.

There's a slight similarity but it's a traditional enough design to make it likely that the whole thing is a coincidence. That and that show predates the Daedalus' first appearance...
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

LOL here in Aus that show used to be on every saturday morning when i got home from tennis.... it's not great, i watched it for the comedic value (i.e. the actors trying to be really "sci-fi")
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadewarlock View Post
        i turned my tv on just then to launch the old 360 up to play a movie streamed from my pc and the first channel that popped up was a show called silversun. this normally would not have peaked my interest but to my surprise i saw a very low-res daedalus class ship sitting on screen.

check the link for a few pics. How did they think they would blatantly copy a populary series ship like that all i can say is LOL!

http://www.abc.net.au/silversun/fanp...starrunner.htm

1. I've seen games with better detail on their models.

2. It looks like a cross betweeen Stargate's Daedalus and Star Trek's Defiant.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I see some strong Galactica in there too

Comment

thats what happens when tv shows opt to save some money on a cgi studio by contracting a cheap lower quality company.

Im not going to knock it, because It would be awesome if I got a job like that since Im trying to get into the business.

But they could of gone a little more detailed than that lol...
            Visit my Website

Comment

If they wanted to make the ship look more detailed and realistic all they should've done is make it look darker. Then it looks like you can't see anymore detail and hides anything you might want to add later (Weapons and such).
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

i probably could of done the same cgi on my pc
                sigpic

Comment

oh im not trying to start some sort of argument over it just found it very funny

first reaction was wth is that! managed to watch like 3 minutes before i couldnt stand the fact children were being sent to another clone ship (mmm cheap cgi budgets) on some sort of funky away mission haha if you have a look on the website and see some of the shots from inside the ship it makes star trek ToS looks like the new battlestar galactica! haha

@ The Signal
                  never seen the show before in my life so dont know when it first screen was just a funny reaction
                  Starlight
                  I will be chasing the starlight, Until the end of my life.

Comment

Working...
                  X