Got to let some things fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to let some things fly

i remember in midway when people questioned why zat guns worked on the wraith when in the 1st season they didn't. if this is a figment of my imagination, sorry.

but there are some things u need to let fly especially in the 1st season of SG1 and SGA. coz its the 1st season still working out the kinks.

i.e.

how when they travelled thru the stargate they came out cold. as a result of there reintegration.

what seemed like apophis's glider had a ring transporter.

on goauld motherships when they came out of hyperspace o'neil fell forward due to severe deceleration

just wondered if anyone else knew other little things like that.

Originally posted by x303 View Post
    i remember in midway when people questioned why zat guns worked on the wraith when in the 1st season they didn't. if this is a figment of my imagination, sorry.

but there are some things u need to let fly especially in the 1st season of SG1 and SGA. coz its the 1st season still working out the kinks.

i.e.

how when they travelled thru the stargate they came out cold. as a result of there reintegration.

what seemed like apophis's glider had a ring transporter.

on goauld motherships when they came out of hyperspace o'neil fell forward due to severe deceleration

just wondered if anyone else knew other little things like that.

the planet was just cold. it must have been winter or something.
    and apophises glider did have a ring transport b/c apophis modified it to do so and no other goauld felt like doing it again
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      and apophises glider did have a ring transport b/c apophis modified it to do so and no other goauld felt like doing it again
      Actually, iirc, in early S1 of SG1 they would have a rough travel through the wormhole and would come out cold. Later they mentioned they had fixed that with better programming in the gate computers.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
        The planet (Abydos) wasn't cold... the fact that they came out almost frozen was because of the faulty reintegration process due to the fact that we didn't have a DHD. Carter modified our dialing program to compensate.

Comment

When didn't Zats work on the Wraith? There haven't been any Zats in Atlantis for that to be tested.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            When didn't Zats work on the Wraith? There haven't been any Zats in Atlantis for that to be tested.
            i'll have to watch it again but im sure when they 1st came thru to the pegasus galaxy and fought the wraith in the beginning episodes they didnt work so they didnt use em.

ok i may buy that asnwer that carter sorted out our DHD so we wudnt get cold. if there is some actual quote to it. other wise i aint buying ti coz the reingration is handle by the gate on the other end.

disintgrations is all done with the gate the DHD does all the housekeeping address stuff. DHD's has safe gards to prevent heavy elements transferred into the sun, compensate for stellar drift. we'e seen the gate being manually dialed without DHD and they come out fine in the end.

PS yeah abydos wasnt cold but even if it was how would they freeze that quick and then be fine later.

Comment

Zats have, to my knowledge, only appeared once in SGA - in the episode The Return when Shep and Co steal the jumper. Every other time, its been either a handheld Wraith stunner, or a stun gun / taser thingy brought from Earth.

As for Apophis's ring transporter equipped craft from Children of the Gods - what, you never watch Pimp My Death Glider?

I'm surprised the Glider-rings never reappeared later in SG-1 - a heavy Death Glider that carries its own set of rings would be able to drop Jaffa to key points on a planet's surface, without actually carrying troops (they'd be waiting by a static or ship-based ring platform). Sort of like a Wraith Dart using its culling beam in reverse, or the Ori fighters dropping ring platforms (I did like that idea..).
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

i'll have to watch it again but im sure when they 1st came thru to the pegasus galaxy and fought the wraith in the beginning episodes they didnt work so they didnt use em.

I don't think they brought any Zats with them to Atlantis, just because the producers wanted to keep the shows separate; even if Zats would have been a huge advantage. They did use a Taser once or twice I think, on Caldwell; which I thought was a poor excuse for a Zat...

Comment

ok i may buy that asnwer that carter sorted out our DHD so we wudnt get cold. if there is some actual quote to it. other wise i aint buying ti coz the reingration is handle by the gate on the other end.
                  Red Sky, when they get a rough ride through the gate for the first time in ages, carter talks about how they adjusted their calculations (because Earth has a home-made ersatz-DHD), but for this gate to lock, they had to 'fiddle'. Or something like that. But yeah, it was in Red Sky.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Zats have, to my knowledge, only appeared once in

I'm surprised the Glider-rings never reappeared later in SG-1 - a heavy Death Glider that carries its own set of rings would be able to drop Jaffa to key points on a planet's surface, without actually carrying troops (they'd be waiting by a static or ship-based ring platform). Sort of like a Wraith Dart using its culling beam in reverse, or the Ori fighters dropping ring platforms (I did like that idea..).
                    like i say its the 1st season they were probably still working everything out. thats y i think the alkesh's were introduce. it finally went mothership > alkesh > glider. cargo ships were for cargo im guessin not fighting.

the alkesh wud carry the soldiers and have ring transporters as seen when the tokra home based gets attacked by anubis i think. the gliders were just like fighters jets, all destructin minimal strategy or set up

Comment

Maybe the goa'uld only decided to design a handful of basic ship types, one for every size class, like you said (glider, teltak, alkesh, ha'tak, super-mothership), but at the lower levels the designs can be optimised for different roles i.e. a scout ship is the same basic design as a cargo ship and as Yu's shuttle (Summit) and an alkesh style ship has been seen in use as a bomber and as personal transports for Ba'al and Osiris. Maybe this extends to Gliders as well - so you have fighter gliders and ring-carrier gliders. Or maybe it was just a prototype Apophis was experimenting with.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yu went in a cargo ship in Summet.

Zats were on SGA twice. In the return and midway

Go Green

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about Midway.

Yes, Yu did use a cargo ship in Summit, I just couldn't see him taking a bog standard cargo ship - I assumed it must be some kind of private shuttle, and thus further evidence for the idea of common designs for different roles, like scout and cargo ships looking the same - the roles couldn't have been more different, so again, I assumed they must simply have common components and hulls, and otherwise be different vehicles, or else they'd probably be referred to as just teltaks.

Fair enough, I did make a lot of assumptions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Maybe the goa'uld only decided to design a handful of basic ship types, one for every size class, like you said (glider, teltak, alkesh, ha'tak, super-mothership), but at the lower levels the designs can be optimised for different roles i.e. a scout ship is the same basic design as a cargo ship and as Yu's shuttle (Summit) and an alkesh style ship has been seen in use as a bomber and as personal transports for Ba'al and Osiris. Maybe this extends to Gliders as well - so you have fighter gliders and ring-carrier gliders. Or maybe it was just a prototype Apophis was experimenting with.
                            ok thats cool thats the only way i cud buy it, but ud think that if they'd do that alot we wud of seen more renditions and upgrades about a bit more in the 10 seasons. ah well im lettin it go at that point what ever keeps the illusion alive

Comment

It was never said that zats didn't work on Wraith in Season One. Zats were never seen or mentioned on Atlantis before "The Return, Part 1."
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X