This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonekickers

Starts tonight on BBC 1 at 9pm. It is about a bunch of archaeologists, a sort of Indiana Jones meets the Da Vinci code, from the creators of Life on Mars. Could be interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...ickers_1.shtml
    sigpic

Thanks for the reminder. I'd read about this and thought it looked interesting, but had completely forgotten about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I only came across it by mistake to be honest - I was looking for TV reviews of Dr Who. You'd think that the BBC would have at least advertised a new show!
      sigpic

Comment

Running through the series is a greater puzzle that Gillian keeps to herself for fear of ridicule: the hunt for the greatest treasure in the history of Humankind, a hunt that drove her brilliant mother insane and a hunt that pits her wits against her academic nemesis –
        Nicholas Cage?
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Bah! I've just discovered that BBC Scotland are showing this on Friday at 9pm instead of tonight.
          At least you guys will be able to tell me if it's worth watching.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah that's right. I've seen a couple of trailers for this. I'll be checking it out.

Bev, we don't need to wait until Friday. It'll be available on iPlayer. That's how I watch most BBC programmes now.

Auugh! Information overload! Auntie Beeb has gone and changed the layout of the site. I don't like it now!
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
              Ah that's right. I've seen a couple of trailers for this. I'll be checking it out.

Bev, we don't need to wait until Friday. It'll be available on iPlayer. That's how I watch most BBC programmes now.

Auugh! Information overload! Auntie Beeb has gone and changed the layout of the site. I don't like it now!
              Cheers mate, I forgot about the iPlayer.
              sigpic

Comment

Did anyone watch it? I missed it unfortunately, but plan to watch it on iPlayer tonight (via Virgin Media). Any good?
                sigpic

Comment

I watched it on iPlayer and enjoyed it. There's a lot of cheesiness and plot holes, and people doing some daft things, but overall I thought it was fun.
                  It has a lot of potential to be good, so I'll watch a few more episodes before I make my mind up about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Cheers mate, I forgot about the iPlayer.
                    You're weclome.

I'm going to watch it when I have a bit of spare time.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I was looking forward to this series but unfortunately i thought it was pretty bad, just way too silly. I won't be watching the rest of the series.

Comment

I've just remembered there was one moment that took me by surprise - when the young lad was in the underpass with the Knight Templar swordsman.
                        Spoiler:
                        When he lopped off his head

I guess, after the frivolous nature of most of the episode, I wasn't expecting it to be so explicit.
                        Last edited by dipsofjazz; 10 July 2008, 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling!
                        sigpic

Comment

Caught the premiere. Wasn't impressed. Won't be bothering with this one, methinks. I didn't find it horribly cheesy or stupid or anything, I just found it utterly boring. Although I did get a laugh out of "Dolly" Parton. The story didn't seem very cohesive or interesting and the characters (other than Dolly) didn't show much in the way of distinct personalities. *yawn* Nope, think I'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X