PDA

View Full Version : Ark of Truth vs Continuum (Movie Evaluations)

Aerilon
July 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'd like to start this thread with everyone thinking back to the very first Stargate movie. Personally, I liked it. It was something different, something of which hadn't been done before, something science-fiction based, and something that was based around a theoretical idea.

For those that are unsure what I mean by theoretical idea, I mean the theory that aliens came to Earth long ago, and helped construct the Pyramids and such. Anyway, the original movie was one of a kind. I didn't expect to see a series follow on from it, though was drawn to the series from day 1.

Ark of Truth, quite simply, was a finalisation to the Ori storyline. I didn't find the Ori all that great an enemy to be honest, but they did their part, and some aspects of their storyline I liked. Ark of Truth was only developed to finish them off (being that season ten could / did not).

Continuum, in a way, again was to finalise a storyline. This one being based around the Goa'uld, more specifically Ba'al. The Goa'uld have been the main enemy of Earth since the original movie, and the first SG-1 days.

They should both now remain finished, with the execution of Ba'al, there is little need for anymore Goa'uld storylines, nor are there any need for the continuation of any Ori storylines.

Ark of Truth was mostly based in the Ori galaxy, and had (I think) some nice character developments. We got to see how Teal'C felt about serving the Goa'uld (his talk with Toman), and we got to see a fair bit of action. There is also the Replicator twist, which I think is fair to say, nobody saw coming. Personally, I loved that part.

The major problem with Ark of Truth was that it didn't involve O'Neil. It was nice to see the end of the Ori in the way that they went too.

Continuum was completely different. We had O'Neil (great start), we also had the Goa'uld back, and we had multiple special-guest appearances. However, on the other side of that, we also have the famous "Reset". Having a movie of which results in one of these, I feel is pointless. It is like watching a film, or reading a book, where the person at the end wakes up, and realises all was a dream. What is the point?

I am also highly disappointed with the lack of involvement the Goa'uld were involved in this movie, moreso the other System Lords.We only saw most of them once, Apophis' role was lame, and Ra didn't even speak (well, he did, but only the same as the others, when leaving). Hardly worth the screentime.For a movie based on an Alternate timeline by Ba'al, there could (and should) have been some serious Goa'uld character developments, especially with Ra (of whom we know little about).

I think it is a fair assessment by me, to say that both movies were generally a disappointment. Both movies had a massive amount of hype, first with Ark of Truth. That was released, and people were disappointed (overall). We then got to find out a few things about Continuum, and again, there was so much hype, but yet again, the movie was released, and it wasn't all that brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the films, I am a fan of Stargate, and will continue to be so for many years to come. I just had hoped for a lot more in these two films, especially Continuum. Ark of Truth (like I said), was to tie up loose ends. Continuum was different, it was based in an alternate reality, and we could have had a movie based on so much more.

Ultimately, Ark of Truth and Continuum are totally different movies, about totally different events. One can't really compare them, at least, I don't think so. Both had their flaws, but likewise, both had their good parts. It is a shame that both had so much hype, yet were seen as a letdown by Stargate fans.

silly sally
July 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
AoT 6.5-7/10
Continuum 4-4.5/10

gioia
July 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I think it is a fair assessment by me, to say that both movies were generally a disappointment. Both movies had a massive amount of hype, first with Ark of Truth. That was released, and people were disappointed (overall). We then got to find out a few things about Continuum, and again, there was so much hype, but yet again, the movie was released, and it wasn't all that brilliant.

Ultimately, Ark of Truth and Continuum are totally different movies, about totally different events. One can't really compare them, at least, I don't think so. Both had their flaws, but likewise, both had their good parts. It is a shame that both had so much hype, yet were seen as a letdown by Stargate fans.

Continuum spoilers:
Truthfully, it was also what I believe. Both film were a disappointment to me, especially AoT. I was really expecting more from AoT. I literally crashed down when I first saw it. The plot conviences and plot holes were soo incredibly big to ignore. But there were really good character moments and Tomin arc was wrapped up really nice. I had never been a fan of his character but it was great in AoT and the actor played his part very well. And there is that meaning in AoT, more than Continuum. You know the characters were suffering something, trying to do something. In Continuum in the other hand, it wasn't like this. It lacked that meaning, you know it's pretty much for nothing. Characters you're invested in even tried really hard to change things, they just reacted to the things happened them. I always knew that there was going to that Reset button at the end but we were promised to see a significant change in the timeline and great character moments and I was dying to see Vala as Qetesh and wonder how they would interact with each other but the execution of it was disappointing, IMO. I didn't see great character moments neither I saw a great insigficant change in the end.

Yes, they were entertaining but that's it. And even if Continuum is a better movie overall, I still enjoyed Ark of Truth more. In fact in Continuum the only things I really liked were Qetesh, she was so much fun to watch, saving grace of Continum, the interragation scene after the rescue with edited montage, their talk with Landry -really a great scene- and again edited montage we saw as they parted their ways, read to them their instructions and they listened it with that expression in their face. desperation and hopelessness. I think it would be really good to see how they passed that one year in that timeline, instead just single moments for every character. Not like Unending style with music, but like Window of Opp. style like what they did with Jack and Tealc in the timeloop.

UrukHai
July 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Continuum - 8/10
Ark of Truth - 6/10

A much "more enjoyable popcorn experience", with 2 massive plot holes (Time travel... gotta luv it). I can even overlook the 2 plot holes because of the sightly altered timeline (here's hoping that the New Star Trek movie uses the same technique), because now we have a....

Moonbase? I nearly pee'd my pants at that one.

jenks
July 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't take that line too seriously if I were you.

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Ark of Truth 7/10
Continuum 9/10

UrukHai
July 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't take that line too seriously if I were you.

Natural vitamin D comes from exposure to sunlight. Lighten up dude, and stalk someone else.

jenks
July 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Seek help.

Nikki
July 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
AoT - 3/10. Much better than I expected.
Continuum - 8/10. Not as good as I expected but still pretty darn good. :)

UrukHai
July 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Woot! another positive review.

the fifth man
July 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I enjoyed both movies for their own reasons. AOT was a nice wrap-up to the Ori storyline, and Continuum was a great new adventure.

AOT - 8/10
Continuum - 9/10

SylvreWolfe
July 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I preferred Ark of Truth. Continuum just seemed like a revamped episode with story ideas that had been done to death in the series and a very large reset button.

g.o.d
July 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
AoT - 1/10
Continuum - 6/10

Platschu
July 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
AoT 5/10
Continuum 9/10

But I have to say that both movie had beautiful scenes, which could never happen in a normal television SG show. For example: a burning ascended Ori. I really enjoyed these Ori and Goa'uld stories, but I think they could be even more entertaining with more creativity. ;)

g.o.d
July 4th, 2008, 11:23 PM
But I have to say that both movie had beautiful scenes, which could never happen in a normal television SG show. For example: a burning ascended Ori. I really enjoyed these Ori and Goa'uld stories, but I think they could be even more entertaining with more creativity. ;)

you are so right;)

Agent_Dark
July 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
they both get a 5/10 from me. Maybe 4/10 for AoT. Neither of them were particularly great as movies in the own right - or even as Stargate episodes tbh.

Nathan Reynolds
July 5th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I really liked both movies...

Ark of Truth was a nice wrap-up to seasons 9-10, the only trully thing i didnt like in AoT was the Daniel "visions" of Merlin, didnt felt very "stargate-sy" to me. But, to me Aot was superior to Continnum in 2 things:
The Score, what a briliant soundtrack really awesome
The Special Effects, for some reason Aot Vis Effect looked
better then Continnum's, maybe when i buy the Blu-ray that
will change.

In terms of story quality they are both good.

Continnum sees the end of Goa'uld System Lords, and delivers a walkabout of every fan favorate caracter in Stargate: Sgt. Siler, Major Davis, General Hammond, (they speak of) Dr. Lee, etc (you get the point...)

They are both great stargate adventures, the main diference is that by the end of Aot they are 'pleased' with themselfs for surviving while on Continnum they go thru this awesome adventure no one knows what happend.(that makes you wonder... how many stories/adventures are in stargate timeline, because if they dont remember nothing who knows how many time stuff like that happend)
And been that Continnum is probably gonna be the last Stargate movie done they could've done a finale with more impact.(Like Joss did with Serenity)
Anyways I probably would've done a thing or 2 different in both movies but my overall evaluation is:

Ark Of Truth 7/10
Continnum 8/10

flynn1959
July 5th, 2008, 06:23 AM
AOT 8/10.
Continuum 5/10.

Continuum gets a few extra points because Daniel looked gorgeous throughout.:)

Shredmastah
July 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think Both movies were awsome I enjoyed continuum more because it seemed like they put more time into it. And i love any episode/movie having to do with timeline stuff. Season 8 finale was just sweet. In Continuum The only real dissapointmentsi had with it was the fact that O'neil was only in the movie for like 10 minutes and after like 30 minutes in wasnt seen again. The other was that i was hoping for Daniel to meet himself in the alternate timeline.. but they just left that hanging Overall though Both movies were excellent and i will be sad if they dont continue to make them. Richard Dean needs to be a bigger part of stargate again him and Christopher Judge are just golden. Overall i'd say
AoT: 8/10
Continuum: 9/10
Stargate in general: perfect

Dev Corvin
July 5th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I'm a big fan of any Lantean/Alterran storylines in general, so I should have loved Ark of Truth; when pitched against the series it faired quite well, but compared to Continuum it was a joke.

So here are my rankings... don't get me wrong, I love Stargate as a whole, but I've had to give the series' such low scores considering just how good Continuum was.

Stargate SG-1: 3/10
Stargate Atlantis: 6/10
Ark of Truth: 4/10
Continuum: 10/10

Seriously, compared to the others, Continuum is THAT good.

I'd also give the same rankings if I was advising a non-Stargate fan of what to watch first etc, just purely based on their respective presentation to the audience of common elements of the franchise.

MerryK
July 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
AOT = 7/10
Continuum = 6/10

I'm making this judgment based on 2 factors: how much I enjoyed it, and how good a story I think it was. Not the same at all, IMO. I would have given AOT an 8 on enjoyment, but there were some small issues I had with it. And I would have given Continuum an 8 also, but there were some major issues here.

AOT was a conclusion, not particularly epic, but with lots of great character and story moments—and a worthy final scene. I mostly enjoyed everything, with nothing overshadowing or majorly detracting for me.

Continuum was epic in visuals, and Ba'al and Quetesh were amazing and awesome...but that was all I could enjoy about the movie. (Well, except for a few small lines/shots here and there.)

Ladyinred
July 7th, 2008, 09:12 AM
AoT - 8/10
Continuum - 4.5/10

Qetesh/Ba'al scenes are the only ones really worth watching.

figment
July 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM
AoT 4/10
Continuum 9/10

redrama9
July 7th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ark of Truth 3/10
Continuum 7/10

Continuum looses points because

A) Baal should have had a personal shield when he went back in time and went through the gate to the boat. Mitchell should have had to fight him hand to hand, using the sodan training he had learned. Fair enough he can shoot the Jaffa but when he tries to shoot baal he has a personal shield.

B) I feel the movie should have been longer, perhaps half an hour longer. There are many great scenes that could have been added to the movie, particularly a Goa’'uld scenes as this will be the last time will see them (most likely).

jenks
July 8th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Ark of Truth 7/10
Continuum 8/10

silly sally
July 8th, 2008, 01:21 AM
AoT 6.5-7/10
Continuum 4-4.5/10
BSG:Razor 8,5-9/10
Out of these three I'll rewatch only Razor...

jenks
July 8th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Razor was awful, it just looked like a bad season 3 two parter, and that's saying something... :S

g.o.d
July 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I would give:

AoT - 1/10
Continuum - 6/10
Razor - 8.5/10
Serenity - 9.5/10
Babylon movies - 9.5-10/10

Mitchell82
July 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'd like to start this thread with everyone thinking back to the very first Stargate movie. Personally, I liked it. It was something different, something of which hadn't been done before, something science-fiction based, and something that was based around a theoretical idea.

For those that are unsure what I mean by theoretical idea, I mean the theory that aliens came to Earth long ago, and helped construct the Pyramids and such. Anyway, the original movie was one of a kind. I didn't expect to see a series follow on from it, though was drawn to the series from day 1.
Agreed. I was drawn to the movie because of the uniquenes and the use of a Ancient Egyptian alien speculation. However RDA drew me to the show. I still like the movie but in contrast with the series alot of things in the movie don't make sense.

Ark of Truth, quite simply, was a finalisation to the Ori storyline. I didn't find the Ori all that great an enemy to be honest, but they did their part, and some aspects of their storyline I liked. Ark of Truth was only developed to finish them off (being that season ten could / did not).

Continuum, in a way, again was to finalise a storyline. This one being based around the Goa'uld, more specifically Ba'al. The Goa'uld have been the main enemy of Earth since the original movie, and the first SG-1 days.

They should both now remain finished, with the execution of Ba'al, there is little need for anymore Goa'uld storylines, nor are there any need for the continuation of any Ori storylines.
AoT was a very well done conclusion the the Ori arc and Continuum a great conclusion to the Ba'al storyline but I think many Go'ald stories could still be told.

Ark of Truth was mostly based in the Ori galaxy, and had (I think) some nice character developments. We got to see how Teal'C felt about serving the Goa'uld (his talk with Toman), and we got to see a fair bit of action. There is also the Replicator twist, which I think is fair to say, nobody saw coming. Personally, I loved that part.
Agreed.

The major problem with Ark of Truth was that it didn't involve O'Neil. It was nice to see the end of the Ori in the way that they went too.
I don't see that as a problem at all. The movie didn't need O'neill. It was fine without him IMO.

Continuum was completely different. We had O'Neil (great start), we also had the Goa'uld back, and we had multiple special-guest appearances. However, on the other side of that, we also have the famous "Reset". Having a movie of which results in one of these, I feel is pointless. It is like watching a film, or reading a book, where the person at the end wakes up, and realises all was a dream. What is the point?
I disagree. I've always loved time travel movies and there is always a reset mainly in the fact that they went back to change a bad event. If it turned out badly I'd agree but in this case it worked fine IMO.

I am also highly disappointed with the lack of involvement the Goa'uld were involved in this movie, moreso the other System Lords.We only saw most of them once, Apophis' role was lame, and Ra didn't even speak (well, he did, but only the same as the others, when leaving). Hardly worth the screentime.For a movie based on an Alternate timeline by Ba'al, there could (and should) have been some serious Goa'uld character developments, especially with Ra (of whom we know little about).
I see your point but they were minor players in the movie and could have been overused but in this case they were used fine. As per Ra we know everything we need to about him.

Um AoT was not overly disliked in fact from what I have seen it's the opposite it's actually widely praised. Same with Continuum.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the films, I am a fan of Stargate, and will continue to be so for many years to come. I just had hoped for a lot more in these two films, especially Continuum. Ark of Truth (like I said), was to tie up loose ends. Continuum was different, it was based in an alternate reality, and we could have had a movie based on so much more.

You realise that you just contradicted yourself? First you say it was a huge disapointment then you say you love it. Which is it?

valen_sinclair
July 9th, 2008, 12:54 AM
hot dang that was good stuff, quality stargate was that!
Ark of truth 6/10
Continuum 9.5/10

Korean_Turtle87
July 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
i can't believe two of the best if not the two best writers in the stargate series (Rob and Brad) ended up dissapointing me so much in the two movies :(

SylvreWolfe
July 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM
i can't believe two of the best if not the two best writers in the stargate series (Rob and Brad) ended up dissapointing me so much in the two movies :(

I am so with you on this...

Of course, I do disagree with your assessment of them being the two best writers in the Stargate franchise. But, I was rather disappointed by this movie.

Aerilon
July 12th, 2008, 04:21 AM
You realise that you just contradicted yourself? First you say it was a huge disapointment then you say you love it. Which is it?I am a Stargate fan, and will continue to be a fan long after the show has ended. I am a fan of everything Stargate, even episodes that could be considered crap.

I also enjoyed the movies, even though I was dissapointed with them. I enjoyed them, yes, but I think a lot more could have been done with them, than was done.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Cban
July 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM
AoT - 6/10
Continuum - 2/10
Razor - 9/10

continuum was a utter disappointment :(

Mitchell82
July 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I am a Stargate fan, and will continue to be a fan long after the show has ended. I am a fan of everything Stargate, even episodes that could be considered crap.

I also enjoyed the movies, even though I was dissapointed with them. I enjoyed them, yes, but I think a lot more could have been done with them, than was done.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Hmm I see your point kinda like how I felt about Superman III and IV. I like them but they are a disapointment.

Rikaelus
July 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
While I like all facets of Stargate, my favorites are action and special effects. That said...

Ark of Truth: 6/10
It had a lot more potential for battle and special effects but they mostly manifested themselves in only our ship being shot at, replicators (which we're use to), and the final ascended beings' battle which lasted only a few seconds. So, disappointment on that front.

The story was decent enough as they had to find a way to end the story arc. I was overall satisfied, but was hoping for more.

This was more my bag of tea. Between seeing Baal's fleet, the space assault on Washington, and the very appealing (though too brief) air battle, my needs were exceeded. Even the opening sequence put me in the right mood as I've always liked Major Davis, and it's always fun to see a fluid view of what happens at the SGC.

Story-wise, a lot of loopholes; but they were pretty well filled in by mentions of paradoxes. It's one thing to try to explain everything, another thing not to explain anything, and yet a third thing to have even the simplest passing phrase indicating that even the characters don't know what the hell is going on. We had the third in this case, and that left me happy enough.

The one thing gnawing at me right now is the fact that Sam couldn't have sent Mitchel to Earth at the end; in 1929 one gate is buried and the other is in a very cold cavern in the Antarctic. The most feasible explanation is that she sent him somewhere else where he captured a Gou'ald vessel and took it to Earth to wait things out until 1939. However no mention was made to anything like this, so that accounts for much of the one point deduction from a 10.

Nikki
July 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
While I like all facets of Stargate, my favorites are action and special effects. That said...

It had a lot more potential for battle and special effects but they mostly manifested themselves in only our ship being shot at, replicators (which we're use to), and the final ascended beings' battle which lasted only a few seconds. So, disappointment on that front.

The story was decent enough as they had to find a way to end the story arc. I was overall satisfied, but was hoping for more.

This was more my bag of tea. Between seeing Baal's fleet, the space assault on Washington, and the very appealing (though too brief) air battle, my needs were exceeded. Even the opening sequence put me in the right mood as I've always liked Major Davis, and it's always fun to see a fluid view of what happens at the SGC.

Story-wise, a lot of loopholes; but they were pretty well filled in by mentions of paradoxes. It's one thing to try to explain everything, another thing not to explain anything, and yet a third thing to have even the simplest passing phrase indicating that even the characters don't know what the hell is going on. We had the third in this case, and that left me happy enough.

The one thing gnawing at me right now is the fact that Sam couldn't have sent Mitchel to Earth at the end; in 1929 one gate is buried and the other is in a very cold cavern in the Antarctic. The most feasible explanation is that she sent him somewhere else where he captured a Gou'ald vessel and took it to Earth to wait things out until 1939. However no mention was made to anything like this, so that accounts for much of the one point deduction from a 10.

The 'gate found in Giza was unearthed in 1928. :)

Rikaelus
July 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
The 'gate found in Giza was unearthed in 1928. :)

Ah well, there ya go. I didn't have any idea it sat in Giza for a decade...
Continuum: 9.5/10 =P

AJZ
July 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Based on relating specifically Stargate movies these would be my scores:

AoT 4/10

- The whole purpose of the movie was to end the Ori story line (which it did successfully).

- The whole replicators sub-story things ruined the movie for me I felt it wasn't needed and something more pertaining to the Ori storyline could have been added.

Continuum 8/10

- Amazing scenes.

- Top notch acting, writing and directing.

- A lot! of old character cameo that I for one enjoyed.

- One negative thing the ending didn't really progress the actual Stargate timeline/story in any way shape or form. It was like it never happened. But then again Brad W. Said that if I recall that by the end of the movie there would be an instance restart like nothing ever happened.

nich959
July 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Continuum: 8/10

My main let down here was the trailer, it got me really syked when I saw it, all the Ha'taks and O'Neill and Ba'al. But then when I came to see the movie all the epic shots shots had been put into the trailer, Ba'als fleet, the bombardment of earth, the dogfight we'd basically seen it already in that 45 second teaser. Aside from that it had some great moments and I was desperately hoping for more on Daniel. In fact more on that whole year. With Mitchell's chick, Daniel learning to live with his leg etc. However I still enjoyed, especially after watching it again and really soaking up the character moments.

I thought this was very meh and had a nice pile of plot hole's to go with it. But the character moments made up for, especially Teal'cs speech. One thing that bugged me about both movies is that the producers seem to think a few wide angle shots on a snowy location make a movie. The replicator story actually added something to it. But I still would have preffered something more ori'ish.

beardrewz
July 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Ark of truth was far better in music and story. i saw more worlds more graphics. I felt it was movie like and not just stuck on earth. The Ori story was fantastic and brillant. concept was awesome. I wish the asguard or some kind of linking with them was in it even though they died... i was bored of the replicators and to much of the replicators in the story.. but overall 8/10 for ark of truth.

Continum... was brillant in graphics and ball and gatesh (excuse my spelling) were brillant but earth (early earth was boring) seeing the system lords was great so great but i wish aphosis was in it more than just dead...Catesh was so good! but aphosis is more a true system lord Ball was just a whip and not true to his original charatacter when jack was tortured. More of a rold for the systemlords would have been better and more space fights.. and as for Ball (boll) how ever spelt.... he is good but a whimp which is a over kill for the gould...even though catesh was awesome. Still worth a watch 7/10

cant wait for a blue ray version to come for the ori one if ever.

Col. Tomorian
July 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I preferred Ark of Truth. Continuum just seemed like a revamped episode with story ideas that had been done to death in the series and a very large reset button.

...and the "Ark of Truth" wasn't? I keep repeating, but I will end my repetition here. Season 8 - Episode "The Reckoning prts 1 & 2". Watch those two episodes, and then watch the "Ark of Truth". ;)

Stargate: Continuum has not come out here. I have it on preorder. Grrr... I'm trying to avoid the spoilers. Damit! Too tempting.

the fifth man
July 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Both movies were great in their own ways. At least IMO.

Jumper_One
July 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM

true but I prefer Continuum :)

Gate Traveller
July 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Arf Of Truth was awesome as well as Continuum, actually thought Continuum was much better since it was a more original story.

Anyone else think that the Continuum storyline was a much better and more suitable ending to the SG1 was franchise then "Unending" was?

I actually wished the final SG1 episode was more like Continuum since it was a much better way to end the series.

Oh yeah SCREW All the people who said Continuum sucked.

stargateanubis14
July 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I preferred AoT over Continuum. AoT closed the biggest gap in the series. Continuum simply ended 1 bad guy. The Goa'uld had already been defeated, Jaffa free'd, replicators defeated, all major enemies were gone. The SG-1 focus went to Ori. In my opinion, Continuum would have had a larger impact on me if there was a bigger focus on Baal in the series.

The movies effects were pretty good. I'm disappointed with the action. The movie spent too much time explaining the time errors. Since the movies antagonist was fighting with time travel, there wasn't really any need for the action that attracted so many of the classic stargate viewers in the early seasons. People who watch this movie for action will sadly be disappointed.
As for the characters, i think they were shown pretty well. Cam and Sam both stayed the same because they were "out of the loop". Daniel, to me, seemed a bit more on edge then his character is normally portrayed.(Whether this is because he lost his leg or he is in another reality, i dont know). I think Baal was portrayed brilliantly. He now has a master plan because he has the advantage of the time machine. Valla, or now Katesh, was a good showing of a mixture of Valla and a Goa'uld. Right from the beginning she seemed WAY too nice to be a Goa'uld. As for O'neill, his character/attitude showed a little change, but still kept the essence of O'neill. He still had small remarks, but he was a bit more stiff than the O'neill we see in SG-1. Whether this be because he never got close to them (SG-1), or because of events in the altered history isn't important. From what we see of Hammond, I cant tell if he's changed much. General Landry, he definitely had a major mood swing when he spoke with SG-1. Goes from happy, i believe you, then he goes into "no way i'm letting you change THIS reality" mode... i think the drastic change is needed to add drama to the movie/story line, but in respect to the characters, i cant really get a proper cross between the original and the altered history versions.
The change in these characters is good for the story, as it adds for variation.
Favorite Scenes:
Time line Effects--When everyone/thing starts disappearing. The way the visual effects are done is nice. The ONE flaw i saw in this was that the people still had memory of the other people that had already disappeared (history forgot to patch the holes)
Motherships firing down on earth.--Looks pretty good.
Glider fight--Pretty nice, but since when do gliders fly in the V formation?
Apophis' death--When Baal cuts off the top of his head, and the snake falls out is a pretty good scene, keeping to the gruesomeness of goa'uld nature+death
Baal's death--When he is cut, it's Gruesomeness is pretty nice.

If you noticed, i didn't list any fight scenes, because the fight scenes (very few) are nothing spectacular. Sit by the rings and shoot em up is the most exciting (at the end of the movie)

If you read all that then applause for you.... you just got told a few spoilers

Overall, in effects, fighting, and story, Continuum fails to keep up with the hype that has become Stargate SG-1

hotz69
July 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Ark of Truth 8.5
Continuum 10

ferrari20092
July 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Well looks like more people enjoyed continuum over AOT, but everyone who's reviewed so far better be buying the movie, support the stargate franchise don't just illegally download it and watch it..I'll see how good it is on Tuesday, I don't want to ruin the franchise by illegally downloading their hard work and dedication. I'll pay for mine.

Snookie16
July 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I preffer Continuum over ark of truth. It was much better and it stuck to one storyline. AoT had the replicators in it that really did not need to be in the story. Continuum is a far better. AoT-5/10 and Continuum 10/10 that is my rating. I just watched Continuum because my mom had just bought it.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I'd give both a 10 but I think Continuum is slightly better.

jelgate
July 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I thought Ark of Truth was better than Contiuun. The plot seemed a little fractured.

Rac80
July 29th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I preffer Continuum over ark of truth. It was much better and it stuck to one storyline. AoT had the replicators in it that really did not need to be in the story. Continuum is a far better. AoT-5/10 and Continuum 10/10 that is my rating. I just watched Continuum because my mom had just bought it.

As my daughter ^^^^ says, we loved continuum! I bought it today and we sat down for a showing. It was much better than AoT. MUCH better. it felt like an old-fashioned SG1 romp! great adventure, great special effects, great storyline.
I was quite disappointed in AoT, I didn't like the replicator storyline, thought they found the ark too easily, and would have liked more of an insight into the Ori followers' lives. THe AoT basic storyline had only enough "meat" for a basic single ep. The replicator was there to fill up the time and bored me silly! :P
so having voted with my wallet, I have purchased both movies, but the money was better spent on Continuum!
5/10 AoT
10/10

_Famrir_
July 29th, 2008, 10:22 PM
AOT - 8.5/10
Continuum - 10/10

JackandSamAddict
July 30th, 2008, 12:28 AM

I agree too. I loved both movies. For different reasons. Though, I loved Continuum more. I just love that RDA!:p:jack:

I also loved the emotion that this movie had as opposed to AoT. They both had emotional scenes, but for me it was Continuum pulling at my heart strings more (which is easy to do...but yes...) I loved both, but Continuum brought a smile to my face and I found myself missing old SG-1!:D:D

Mandysg1
July 30th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I think Continuum appeals to a broader audience, it was a team episode, which would appeal to most of the fan groups. And even though I'm not a fan of Vala, I found I liked character of Quetesh, she was well written and very evil. The character IMO fit in the movie, much better than Vala did.

AoT, well if you're not a fan of s9 or 10 it most likely wouldn't appeal to you. Like myself I didn't like it. I hated the Ori stroy line and most everything they did in those 2 seasons. Plus there was no GATE in the movie :(

Continuum brought back the main 'character' of the series...the GATE ;) I enjoyed seeing Jack back, and even if his time was limited to the movie, he played an integral part. I also enjoyed the 'team' working together.

AoT 2/10
Continuum 8/10

magictrick
July 30th, 2008, 09:27 AM
After watching Continuum, I can safely say that there was way too much hype over this movie.

The "going back in time" episodes are always risky, and I don't think the plot worked out as well as it should have, it was way too fractured. We were bombarded with cameos, which is great, but in reality the focus was still only on Cam, Sam and Daniel. Teal'c and Vala were totally underused and I really expected O'neill to be more focused on.

The CGI was great, when we did get to enjoy, but overall it was lacking in adding to the action. The scenes of the jets and air battle on the Atlantic were impressive, but I expected these types of sequences to last longer in a Stargate movie.

Overall, enjoyable, but nothing special.

Continuum 6/10
AoT 6/10

Jill_Ion
July 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM
AoT: 8 of 10
C: 10 of 10

For me, the difference in the two movies were the purposes of them, which influenced everything. AoT was, in my mind, Season 11 in two hours. Even in Season 10 I could tell where they wanted to draw the story out into the next season, but since the show was cancelled, they had to abbreviate the timeline, and then finish the Ori storyline in AoT. I really enjoyed AoT. I liked the Ori storyline and am glad it was resolved. Tomin totally rocked and the fire effect on Adria was beyond incredible. I wasn't bothered by the return of the Replicators cuz those li'l buggers still creep me out. It felt like a good, long episode, which is why it gets an 8 of 10. Maybe 9 of 10, depending upon my mood.

Comparing it to Continuum, which was, in my mind, a standalone movie, Continuum is better. I loved the acting, sets, the Arctic, storyline, and the interesting character moments. I need to watch the interrogation scene again a few more times to get the full feel of it. Our Team has only been required to explain themselves or been put under interrogation a few times in the past ten years. To see how they perform under pressure is interesting to me. Resolving the Goa'uld storyline was good, and showing so many of the secondary characters made me smile. The one person I expected to see, but didn't, was Kinsey.

So, Continuum gets 10 of 10, as a standalone movie.

AoT gets 8/9 of 10, as a substitute for Season 11.

Good for me! :) :jack::sam::daniel::tealc::vala::cameron:

jdog
July 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM
OK both movies were good but diappointing in the sense it felt no drama...been there done that.

AOT needed to delve into the drama behind the truth issues and focus more on character development.

Cont. was much more entertaining but very little drama, at no point did it feel a YES or an O NO they arnt gonna make it.

problem may deal with the difference between TV writing and movie writing.

But the big problem I have, if you go with the series, is Cam would have popped out in 1929 either on the alien planet, in the antartic or russia....none of the place i doubt he would have made it out from.

Also would have been nice to know how ball found that device since gould's arnt known for building things.

One cool thing was baal actaully seem kinda like a cool leader....like he found some balance and learned a few things.

Out of character for him.

Mandysg1
July 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
OK both movies were good but diappointing in the sense it felt no drama...been there done that.

AOT needed to delve into the drama behind the truth issues and focus more on character development.

Cont. was much more entertaining but very little drama, at no point did it feel a YES or an O NO they arnt gonna make it.

problem may deal with the difference between TV writing and movie writing.

But the big problem I have, if you go with the series, is Cam would have popped out in 1929 either on the alien planet, in the antartic or russia....none of the place i doubt he would have made it out from.

Also would have been nice to know how ball found that device since gould's arnt known for building things.

One cool thing was baal actaully seem kinda like a cool leader....like he found some balance and learned a few things.

Out of character for him.

Actually, in 1929 I think Cam would have popped out of the Stargate in Egypt.

jdog
July 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
wouldnt it still have been buried like in the 1969 ep?

Jumper_One
July 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
wouldnt it still have been buried like in the 1969 ep?

the SG was unburied in 1928

jdog
July 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM
opps

thanks

Abyss_908
July 30th, 2008, 07:57 PM
AoT: 5/10
Continuum: 7.5/10

I find it hard to give the scores in numbers because it's hard to interpret what they really mean. Do I compare just to the rest of the SG universe, movies in general, or TV movies. I didn't like the pacing of the Ark of Truth. It seemed like it was an arc of maybe ten episodes stuffed into two hours and yet it seemed like there was something missing. The replicators were just pure filler material. It felt kind of weak. The characters, the finishing of the Ori story, and my general Stargate fandom would be the redeeming qualities.

Continuum was good. Great to see O'Neill back. It was great that it mostly centered on the team. The worst part about it probably is that it has already been done so many times in the series. Alternate timelines and realities happen about once every single season. The reset to zero is terrible. They should have left some mark or some lasting effect besides Mitchell in a black and white picture. I also felt that the Goa'uld B story had some flaws. Ba'al almost a thousand years to take control of Earth just so he could rub it in the face of SG-1? Teal'c and Vala had small roles. We've seen alternate semi-evil Teal'c in almost every alternate reality or timeline.

blitzsnake
July 31st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Continuum was a huge disappointment. Turns out the epical scene with the MiGs was just as long as seen in the trailer. There was too much SG-1 settling into their new lifes. AoT was superior because the storyline was so much better. There was action all the time and compared to Continuum, AoT is a blockbuster!

AoT9/10
Continuum 6/10

MitchellSG1
July 31st, 2008, 09:03 AM
I loved Continuum, so much better than Ark of Truth.

Ark of Truth 4/10
Continuum 9/10

Browncoat1984
July 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
AoT 8/10
Continuum 9/10

I enjoyed both Continuum and Ark of Truth. They're both very different kinds of stories, my only complain is I wish that both had longer running time to play with the material they had. I tried to not let the hype for Continuum get me over-excited about it because these days that happens and no matter how good it is you get disappointed by it.

Col. Tomorian
July 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
"Continuum" was an awsome ride from beginning to end. When it comes to rewritting old scripts, I think its all about execution, new perceptions, and breaking the mold. "The Ark of Truth" was a bad rewrite of "The Reckoning". I think the writters could have executed the story by removing the Replicators, and then extending the Ori story into an epic conclusion. "Continuum" gave us something new. If you think about time travel movies, outside of "Back to the Future", we have never seen such dramatic effects from altering the past. We were treated to two sides of a time travel paradox, which has never been done in a movie or show before. "Back to the Future" didn't show you two time periods at the same time, and the effects from realtime changes being made. "Continuum" broke the mold by allowing the viewers to see changes as time becomes altered. Its old in a new way. Another element that allows "Continuum" to stand out is believeability, for there were several moments in which the writters could have messed up. Jack and Landly's performance allowed the viewer scream, "Noooooo!" Sam's reaction to Jack's death was priceless. Instead of just getting over Jack, within three minutes, you can see the impact of death deep into the story. She longed for Jack. "The Ark of Truth" suffered from not breaking the mold. One of the things I hated about Stargate was the involvement of the Trust and NID. When those stories showed up, I changed the channel and waited until the following week. I love when my characters have fun exploring the universe, and I love the depth of science-fiction that involves universal conflict. "The Ark of Truth" fell apart when the NID showed up, and then they turned him into a Replicator zombie. At that point in the movie, I felt myself become removed from the events. Instead of being sucked into an epic Ori story, I had to painfully pause for a moment of bad NID involvement.

When it comes down to it, Continuum was the best in my opinion. Outside of the awkward dog fight over the Atlantic, I think Continuum is a 10 out of 10 in my book.

Jill_Ion
July 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
AoT: 5/10
Continuum: 7.5/10...
Ba'al almost a thousand years to take control of Earth just so he could rub it in the face of SG-1? Teal'c and Vala had small roles. We've seen alternate semi-evil Teal'c in almost every alternate reality or timeline.

A thousand years? I thought it was seventy. :confused:

Jumper_One
July 31st, 2008, 06:10 PM
A thousand years? I thought it was seventy. :confused:

yup it was 70 years

shadowfx1
July 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
AoT: 6/10
Con: 9/10

While I loved both movies. I rate Ark of Truth low and Continuum high for one reason.

Ark of Truth played really like an extra long episode of Stargate without commercials. This unimpressed me, but I enjoyed it none-the-less.

Continuum on the other hand played out more like a real movie. Ark of Truth failed to reach that "Movie" status that it was played up to be. Continuum screamed a real chance of a movie that the average joe could buy at end up enjoying the Stargate Legacy. It was broad enough to attract new viewers and able to be more independent. Ark of Truth, if you hadn't watched previous stargate, you would have been completely lost.

Amelia Peabody
August 1st, 2008, 07:10 AM
I love both movies, but I think when it comes right down to it, I'm more apt to put in AoT instead of Continuum, which surprises me. I never was a fan of the Ori storyline and thought for sure Continuum would be my one of choice, but after watching Continuum for the second time yesterday, while I enjoyed it, I almost wanted to watch AoT instead.

AoT 9/10
Continuum 7/10

Tok'ra^Agent
August 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM
I loved the original series.

This said, I have to say that for me, the ark of truth was a far better movie than Continuum was. I just didn't think this last movie was as well made. I give it a 6 on a scale of 10

One point here out of many. The whole end sequence. Mitchell is standing with the grandfather figure on the ship at the end. Ok, they shoot and kill Ba'al. Ok, I can dig this. But then, if the time machine was destroyed, how the hell did he get back to the future?

Or was this some version of the whole, "I'm my own grandpa" thing? IE: Did he die in the past of old age, and then was born again over the years, to be his future self?

Although, I must admit, I did get some twisted enjoyment out of seeing Vala slice Ba'al in half. This was great. It gave me thoughts that the writers had a sense of humor about the whole "Ba'al Slicing" thing. lol.
(That hurts just thinking about it.)

Anywho. I see these shows as nothing more than extended episodes without commercials. These are nowhere near the first Stargate movie. We also see a peek into a possible sequel to this movie. As the whole "Are we sure this was really the last Goa'uld?" was thrown out there.

Stay tuned kiddies. I think we haven't seen the last of the gate yet.

VSS
August 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I loved the original series.

This said, I have to say that for me, the ark of truth was a far better movie than Continuum was. I just didn't think this last movie was as well made. I give it a 6 on a scale of 10

One point here out of many. The whole end sequence. Mitchell is standing with the grandfather figure on the ship at the end. Ok, they shoot and kill Ba'al. Ok, I can dig this. But then, if the time machine was destroyed, how the hell did he get back to the future?

Or was this some version of the whole, "I'm my own grandpa" thing? IE: Did he die in the past of old age, and then was born again over the years, to be his future self?

Although, I must admit, I did get some twisted enjoyment out of seeing Vala slice Ba'al in half. This was great. It gave me thoughts that the writers had a sense of humor about the whole "Ba'al Slicing" thing. lol. (That hurts just thinking about it.)

Anywho. I see these shows as nothing more than extended episodes without commercials. These are nowhere near the first Stargate movie. We also see a peek into a possible sequel to this movie. As the whole "Are we sure this was really the last Goa'uld?"

Stay tuned kiddies. I think we haven't seen the last of the gate yet.

Mitchell didn't go back to the future, he fixed the timeline. All the time-traveling occurred in the "wrong" timeline. He wasn't his own grandfather, he just saved his own grandfather, if that makes any sense. It's an alternate timeline and time travel episode. They're not the same concept.

Neither show had a theatre-movie budget, so it's not fair to compare them with the original movie. But you couldn't buy that much military hardware, which was pretty darned impressive.

I'm giving it a 9/10. But, yes, this isn't the last we've seen of the stargate, so maybe we'll get fresher stories in the next one.

jasminaGo
August 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
AoT - 1/10 - it gets that point for the effort from the actors
Continuum - 9.5/10 - gives me hope that there is still future for Stargate, one which I might actualy enjoy.

dinner4jc
August 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Ark of Truth 7/10
Continuum 4/10

I know the Ori were far from the best villains Stargate has ever had, but I really enjoyed the Priors and especially Adria. I was somewhat let down by the movie, particularly:
The part with the replicators and the IOA guy creating them. How many times can they revive the replicators in various forms. They were a good villain, but we need to let them go and move on.
Had that part been omitted and something more plot relevant in it's place I would probably have given it an 8. I was disappointed after watching, especially with how hyped it was and how much I had longed to see it. It was a good movie though but not as good as I had hoped.

Conversely, I was very disappointed with Continuum and think it was an OK movie at best. I think it had more plot holes in it then legitimate points in the storyline and since everything is ultimately undone it serves no lasting value. There wasn't even any kind of new character development that I saw, so essentially it was just kind of a "what if" movie. Plus the alternate universe / alternate timeline / time travel storylines that were originally very cool are becoming increasingly old, tiresome, and repetitive. Basically this movie is a hodgepodge of SG-1 episodes thrown together into a movie and I don't think it worked that well other than to remind us of the SG-1 episodes of olde.

I also thought it would be fun to try and point out as many plot holes as possible, I encourage people to correct me if I'm wrong.
Plot holes:

- President Hayes allows SG-1 to attempt to steal a cargo ship to get the ZPM from Taonas (sp?). SG-1 rations that they can easily steal an Al'kesh then fly it to Taonas. Problem, if you remember the episode where they fly the Al'kesh to Taonas (7.22 The Lost City Part 2) they can only do so because O'Neil used the Ancient knowledge in his mind to modify the cargo ship to travel the required distance in a reasonable time. I think Samantha would have known that this plan didn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

- They go through all the trouble of maming Daniel and showing him walking on crutches and a cane, only to have him suddenly seem completely normal once the planet is in danger. Lordy lordy! It's a miracle!!

- How did Teal'c know the other Stargate was in Russia and even if he knew or Ba'al guessed, Russia's a big country...

- It never explains how Ba'al knows all that he knows. Either he is the Ba'al from the SG-1 cannon timeline and he killed or otherwise dispensed with the Ba'al of this alternate timeline or he left this alternate Ba'al instructions. Either option has some issues.

- Mitchell has a picture of himself and his grandfather in his locker, really? Come on they could have been a lot more discrete and still got he same effect...

- The fact that the Stargate was used while on the Achilles would likely change the history of the program somewhat. They would at least have known what it was and had some idea of what was on the other side. Even if Mitchell convinced the witness not to say anything how did they explain the giant hole in the ship? Plus if Grandpa Mitchell with held information wouldn't he have been court marshaled or worse?

Other complaints:

- What was Ba'al planning on doing, asking Earth to surrender? Seems kinda wussy for an ultimate system lord... Plus he knows how stubborn Earth can be, why not destroy it as quick as possible?

- There seems to be a lack of actual fighting till almost the end of the movie. Very lack-luster, especially considering the massive size of that fleet :(

I watched both movies twice in the same week of purchasing. Ark of Truth I enjoyed more on the 2nd watching, Continuum I liked even less and actually got bored and started doing something else halfway thru (and this is from a guy who has seen every episode of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis at least twice and some upwards of 8 times!)

Hopefully the next movie is better, otherwise SG-1's future is somewhat bleak...

Col. Tomorian
August 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
- President Hayes allows SG-1 to attempt to steal a cargo ship to get the ZPM from Taonas (sp?). SG-1 rations that they can easily steal an Al'kesh then fly it to Taonas. Problem, if you remember the episode where they fly the Al'kesh to Taonas (7.22 The Lost City Part 2) they can only do so because O'Neil used the Ancient knowledge in his mind to modify the cargo ship to travel the required distance in a reasonable time. I think Samantha would have known that this plan didn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Sam, Cam, and Daniel have been out of it for a good year. Maybe this is the writters way of saying that the team is slightly rusty. Plus, were they actually going to try to help save the day, or were they really on a mission to change history. Remember they were told to 'not change history'.

- They go through all the trouble of maming Daniel and showing him walking on crutches and a cane, only to have him suddenly seem completely normal once the planet is in danger. Lordy lordy! It's a miracle!! A good year had passed between when Daniel lost the leg and when he went to save the day. Within a year's period of time, anyone would have been able to learn to walk. He had a prostetic leg at the end, and I'm sure he had plenty of practice.

- How did Teal'c know the other Stargate was in Russia and even if he knew or Ba'al guessed, Russia's a big country... The one that the Russians had was the original Stargate. When Cam and Sam caught up with Jack in the Atlantic, one of the officers said, "We have to get out of here. We picked up a Russian sub in the area.". During the onset of being bombed, the president is talking the Russians. "You also found an artifact in the Atlantic?" One of the writters messed up. Instead of being intellegant about the line, the president just acted nievely. Remember he said to Cam, Daniel, and Sam, "We found the gate in the Atlantic, but we coudn't find the one you came through." Teal'c was told by Ba'al about the two Stargates earlier, so it was just natural for him to say, "There is another."

As a result of Ba'al's interferance, there were two Stargates in the Atlantic. One was the original, and the other was the original Atlantic (Anchient) Stargate.

- It never explains how Ba'al knows all that he knows. Either he is the Ba'al from the SG-1 cannon timeline and he killed or otherwise dispensed with the Ba'al of this alternate timeline or he left this alternate Ba'al instructions. Either option has some issues. Very good observation. When you listen to the Ba'al being executed, he said that only the real Ba'al can remove the tracking chip. Ba'al tried to confuse everyone by implanting himself with one. When he realized that all of his clones were being hunted down and killed, he took the chip out of him when things seemed free and clear. Thus, the real Ba'al was the one who went back in time. All he had to do is set things in motion. Did he kill himself to take his own place? <--- That is a true plot hole.

- Mitchell has a picture of himself and his grandfather in his locker, really? Come on they could have been a lot more discrete and still got he same effect... Sam could only get the Stargate to go back ten years before Ba'al's arrival into the past. I think this would be a good enough time to relax, get healthy, and plan a way to deal with Ba'al. As a result of seeing himself grow up, this was a second paradox.

- The fact that the Stargate was used while on the Achilles would likely change the history of the program somewhat. They would at least have known what it was and had some idea of what was on the other side. Even if Mitchell convinced the witness not to say anything how did they explain the giant hole in the ship? Plus if Grandpa Mitchell with held information wouldn't he have been court marshaled or worse? There was an episode where a character name Ernest went through the Stargate before Daniel translated the hydroglyphs. Now you know why they tried to go through it in the past. Lol... Don't forget Stargate movie history. When you watch the alternative version of the original Stargate, they knew that an alien society was involved with the gate. How? They found a fosil at the dig site in Egypt. Remember? They allready knew it went to another planet, and that is why they had a starmap setup in the movie. All they needed to do is understand the missing cheveron link. Even though Cameron saved the day, he again proved that the gate went to another location. If you think about it, Cameron probally dropped the bodies into the Atlantic, so that he wouldn't accidently change the course of history. Plus, they were in the Atlantic. Iceburg coverup story anyone? Lol...

Paradox 1: The original Ba'al goes back into time and kills himself? What happend to the Ba'al of the altered timeline? Did Ba'al kill himself, did he put himself into stasis, or did he jump forward and back into time to let himself know history? Remember he had a time machine at his disposal. Maybe future Ba'al went to the past, and then taught the past Ba'al how to use the time machine. As a result of traveling throughout history, the past Ba'al could learn everything he needs to know.

Paradox 2: Cameran lives out the rest of his life in the past, and watches himself grow up.

If you look passed the surface, you will find the answers to some of the plot holes. In most of the cases, the answers to the end are in the beginning.

JSPuddlejumper
August 3rd, 2008, 03:48 AM

I hope there are more movies.

dinner4jc
August 3rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
A good year had passed between when Daniel lost the leg and when he went to save the day. Within a year's period of time, anyone would have been able to learn to walk. He had a prostetic leg at the end, and I'm sure he had plenty of practice.

Not true. Daniel get out of the cab with no leg and crutches, then we are told it's one year later and we see him at a book store with a prosthetic leg, a cane, and a very bad limp still.

The one that the Russians had was the original Stargate. When Cam and Sam caught up with Jack in the Atlantic, one of the officers said, "We have to get out of here. We picked up a Russian sub in the area.". During the onset of being bombed, the president is talking the Russians. "You also found an artifact in the Atlantic?" One of the writters messed up. Instead of being intellegant about the line, the president just acted nievely. Remember he said to Cam, Daniel, and Sam, "We found the gate in the Atlantic, but we coudn't find the one you came through." Teal'c was told by Ba'al about the two Stargates earlier, so it was just natural for him to say, "There is another."
As a result of Ba'al's interferance, there were two Stargates in the Atlantic. One was the original, and the other was the original Atlantic (Anchient) Stargate.

You fail to answer my actual question lol. I know there were always 2 Stargate on Earth. Ba'al would have known that as well. The point is there is no way Ba'al or Teal'c could have known that original gate had been discovered by the Russians. Ba'al didn't know about the Paradoxal SG-1 making it back and he didn't know that his bomb didn't sink the ship. He has no reason to believe that Stargate wasn't on the bottom of the ocean.

There was an episode where a character name Ernest went through the Stargate before Daniel translated the hydroglyphs. Now you know why they tried to go through it in the past. Lol... Don't forget Stargate movie history. When you watch the alternative version of the original Stargate, they knew that an alien society was involved with the gate. How? They found a fosil at the dig site in Egypt. Remember? They allready knew it went to another planet, and that is why they had a starmap setup in the movie. All they needed to do is understand the missing cheveron link. Even though Cameron saved the day, he again proved that the gate went to another location. If you think about it, Cameron probally dropped the bodies into the Atlantic, so that he wouldn't accidently change the course of history. Plus, they were in the Atlantic. Iceburg coverup story anyone? Lol...

I considered the story about Ernest Littlefield, but they didn't believe they were trying to go to the past... The reason I still mentioned this is it would be major change in the timeline and events that lead to the formation of the SGC and most likely SOMETHING would be different, it's the butterfly affect, even the smallest change will have ripples that can cause major changes, and this was a pretty large change so the ripples should have been even smaller. But I'm willing to let this go since this kind of paradox is pretty common in most if not all time travel stories.

Lokolo
August 3rd, 2008, 06:31 AM
AoT - 4/10
Con - 9/10

Personally I hated the Ori storyline, for me Stargate was all about the Goa'uld, The Alliance and The Humans. This is where I wanted it to go.

Personally for me, Stargate died when the Asgard died. I feel as though they were a huge influence on the whole series and did really make it Sci-Fi.

The Ori, complete fantasy, Stargate isn't one big MMO so magic etc. doesn't exist, at least have some damn science involved with them!

Good movie, with the storyline, however, I feel as though it could have been better.

Invictus
August 3rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
AOT & Continuum wore good movies to end the SG-1 series. (The enemies are defeated, Earth has a now more confidence in his powers in the galaxies from the SG-verse)

DanJack
August 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Continuum 6/10
AOT 9/10

Ark of Truth had real emotion and tension. Continuum was just explosions and rehash of old stories. I was surprised by this as I was expecting that I would like Continuum more. I found that Continuum had no substance, emotion, and no real character moments to speak of. AOT was tense and the stakes seemed really high, but in Continuum it didn't even feel like the team was even really worried. Very weird.

ShardsofGlass
August 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Continuum 6/10
AOT 9/10

Ark of Truth had real emotion and tension. Continuum was just explosions and rehash of old stories. I was surprised by this as I was expecting that I would like Continuum more. I found that Continuum had no substance, emotion, and no real character moments to speak of. AOT was tense and the stakes seemed really high, but in Continuum it didn't even feel like the team was even really worried. Very weird.

I agree with this evaluation. I was pretty disappointed in Continuum, but I really liked Ark of Truth. And I think a lot of the reason was because the whole movie was about the team. Yet in Continuum, half the movie was about the enemy and the president, and our team (even a team of 3) just didn't have nearly as much to do. There was too much time spent on characters I don't care about.

Vespasianus
August 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
The thing is, I didn't like the Ori in the first place, these fiery gods floating around and their wizards (because let's face it, the Priors were wizards with magical staffs) preaching all around... Because of that, I didn't have high expectations for the Ark Truth, especially since that concept annoyed the hell out of me... Just another magical weapon and a bunny from the hat, plus that stupid, useless Replicator storyline.

AoT would be a 4/10.

Continuum: we have seen episodes like this SOOO many times! But it had everything an SG double episode was supposed to have and it was scifi, not a fantasy film. Having said that, for me it was still a disappointment. Baal and his newly found humanist ways and our actors were the true highlights, not the story itself.

6.5/10

DanJack
August 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM
The thing is, I didn't like the Ori in the first place, these fiery gods floating around and their wizards (because let's face it, the Priors were wizards with magical staffs) preaching all around... Because of that, I didn't have high expectations for the Ark Truth, especially since that concept annoyed the hell out of me... Just another magical weapon and a bunny from the hat, plus that stupid, useless Replicator storyline.

AoT would be a 4/10.

Continuum: we have seen episodes like this SOOO many times! But it had everything an SG double episode was supposed to have and it was scifi, not a fantasy film. Having said that, for me it was still a disappointment. Baal and his newly found humanist ways and our actors were the true highlights, not the story itself.

6.5/10

I respect your opinion, but I never felt that the Ori were magic. They were still using technology, just much more advanced technology. Also, I think that the Ori were the ultimate villian for SG-1 partly because of the whole search for the Ancients thread that went on so long. It was interesting because they were always assuming that the Ancients would be lovely little beings, but they never seemed to anticipate that some ultra powerful beings might not be so benevolent. Also, the whole slavery to false religion theme of the series really paid off with the Ori because they did seem to possess some power (though still technological); Therefore, it was tougher for SG-1 to convince people they were false.

I wonder if Continuum would have been better if some scenes we heard about would have been included. Even in Gateworld's interview with Shanks he mentions how he loved how Daniel was profoundly impacted after he lost his leg, but that is not really seen in the final product. I just really didn't feel any emotion from the characters in the final version of Continuum. I think the character moments are some of what made SG-1 so great as a series, and I just feel like this was lost in SG Continuum. Yes the action was great, but I didn't feel anything for the characters.

Going back to AOT, there were some really intense moments in the movie like Teal'c on the mountain, Daniel almost giving up hope, Cam fighting Replimarrick, etc. that I feel are more dramatic and even epic than anything in Continuum. I bought and will watch Continuum occasionally, but not nearly as much as I will watch AOT.

I'm honestly surprised to find me feelign that way because I always expected to to like Continuum more, especially since this was advertised as being like the SG-1 of old, but it sure didn't feel that way to me.

Spidey3121
August 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM
This is a tough one but i think i'll have to go with Continuum...

Stargate: the Ark of Truth - 3 out of 4 stars
Stargate: Continuum - 3.5 out of 4 stars

I do wish Continuum was a bit longer... just to flesh out some scenes that felt like they were snipped just a bit to short. Even another... 5 mins even would have really made it feel more complete. I also however hoped + thought that AoT would have been improved by a similar addition of 5-10 minutes. Hoping Continuum pulls in the dough so we can have a 3rd SG-1 film. While neither of the two films have been mind blowing they both have been pretty darn good. I still don't see how they can call Continuum a "stand-alone" though because even if you did watch the show there is a lot of stuff to keep track of.

EH-T
August 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I watched AOT once when I bought it and not since then. I've already watched Continuum 3 times so clearly I think Continuum is much better.

I was not a huge fan of the Ori storyline so the best thing about AOT was it ended that. Having said that, I believe that is what AOT should have dealt with but done it more as a team adventure along the lines of the Quest (which I did like). I fail to see the point of locking Sam in a room as her contribution to the picture (although I appreciate there were likely scheduling issues with Amanda being in Atlantis as well). Mitchell spent most of the movie being beat up by the replicator. While I liked the replicators initially I don't see the point of bringing them back here. Also, I, for one, am tied of the NID/IOA/rogue stuff. Teal'c's sole job was to walk! While it made for pretty pictures, it was a waste of the character. That left the Daniel/Vala show which I had enough of in seasons 9 & 10.

I loved Continuum. I agree it was a good old-fashioned SG1 romp. If the team couldn't be together all the time at least it was a good use of Teal'c (although would have liked to have seen more of him) and Vala. Good to see Sam, Daniel and Cam together most of the time (although a little too Cam centric for me, I have come to like Cam and the toned-down Vala but to me the are the add on characters). I would have liked to have seen even more of their year separated from each other, just a bit more to show how difficult it was to adjust.
Love the stuff from the arctic, especially the sub breaking through the ice. Loved the homage to the series by having so many people back, even if just briefly. Especially Jack. Great to see him again!

I agree with whomever said it was good to see the Stargate back again! Not only was it central to the plot but it was used more than once.

Thought the sets and the vis effects were great.

Bottom line: Continuum was fun!

A_PophisandhisFran
August 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I was more disappointed with Continuum than I was with Ark of Truth since I was expecting so much more and it turned out to be a standard time travel/alternate reality adventure. With Ark of Truth, I was never a fan of the Ori storyline, so the quality of the movie, although not up to the level of Continuum, still surprised me.

Ark of Truth: 3.5 out of 5 stars, a good conclusion to the Ori storyline

Continuum: 4 out of 5 stars, slightly disappointing with its shortness and plot holes but overall a very fun 'classic' Stargate adventure

PG15
August 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I gave both movies 9/10, and I honestly enjoyed them both equally, but based on different reasons. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the Continuum discussion thread (this = Continuum):

The last thing I need to do is compare this to Ark of Truth. A lot of people thinks this is better, but I disagree. I'd say that I enjoyed both movies equally, but for different reasons. For Ark of Truth, I really dug the score, the sense of adventure, the overall plot developments, and the tying up of the various threads of the Ori arc. With Continuum, the character stuff blew me away, along with the return of Jack, and the Arctic stuff; for me, they balance out. Still, I will say this: I don't think either film is as large as Stargate can be (heck, I don't even think the original movie is that big). With these 2 films under their belt and selling like hotcakes, I can only hope that the next films get bigger budgets, and can be used to tell stories that are truly epic in the grand universe that is Stargate.

Vespasianus
August 5th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I respect your opinion, but I never felt that the Ori were magic. They were still using technology, just much more advanced technology. Also, I think that the Ori were the ultimate villian for SG-1 partly because of the whole search for the Ancients thread that went on so long. It was interesting because they were always assuming that the Ancients would be lovely little beings, but they never seemed to anticipate that some ultra powerful beings might not be so benevolent. Also, the whole slavery to false religion theme of the series really paid off with the Ori because they did seem to possess some power (though still technological); Therefore, it was tougher for SG-1 to convince people they were false. Yeah, I see what you mean, I liked too the "Evil Ancient" idea, the thematic escalation of the whole false gods thing and the religion of Origin (also the crusades) was a simply brilliant idea.

My main problems were actually with the Priors' superpowers (and staffs), the heavy Arthurian lore (Merlin, dragons, medieval knights were quite un-Stargate for me), the magical superweapons and the continuous Medieval-esque designs. The eps that didn't really feature these, e.g. The Pegasus Project or the Road Not Taken, and partly Line in the Sand, kicked *ss. Once again IMO.:)

So for me, these elements added up to the whole "fantasy SG-1" that I eventually stopped watching in the middle of Season 10, save for the final two episodes and the Ark of Truth.

And yeah, I absolutely admit, AoT had its moments: the title sequences, the Dakara battle, unearthing the Ark, the Doci's torture speech, Tomin... oh and Joel Goldsmith's brilliant music!

But the Ori was too fantastic for me, sorry.

DanJack
August 6th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean, I liked too the "Evil Ancient" idea, the thematic escalation of the whole false gods thing and the religion of Origin (also the crusades) was a simply brilliant idea.

My main problems were actually with the Priors' superpowers (and staffs), the heavy Arthurian lore (Merlin, dragons, medieval knights were quite un-Stargate for me), the magical superweapons and the continuous Medieval-esque designs. The eps that didn't really feature these, e.g. The Pegasus Project or the Road Not Taken, and partly Line in the Sand, kicked *ss. Once again IMO.:)

So for me, these elements added up to the whole "fantasy SG-1" that I eventually stopped watching in the middle of Season 10, save for the final two episodes and the Ark of Truth.

And yeah, I absolutely admit, AoT had its moments: the title sequences, the Dakara battle, unearthing the Ark, the Doci's torture speech, Tomin... oh and Joel Goldsmith's brilliant music!

But the Ori was too fantastic for me, sorry.

No problem. I can see where you're coming from. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

I have always been a fan of the Arthurian legends, so I liked how they started to delve into this in Stargate. I admit it was a departure from the Egyptian theme of the past, but I thought since the Goa'uld were pretty much gone and the Egyptian theme was tied to them, I thought the Arthurian direction was a worthy continuation. Also, I saw it as a fun way to explain the perceived magic in these stories in a Stargate (technological way). I can see how the Priors could be seen that way too, but I felt like the few episodes that showed the priors technology being disrupted kind of addressed the magic side of things.

I'm glad you liked some aspects of Ark Of Truth. All of the things you mentioned are among my favorite moments. I felt that these gave AOT a more epic feel than Continuum was able to achieve.

Surprisingly, I felt that there were very few moments in Continuum that felt epic or grand. I'll admit the arctic moments were nice as was the brief F-15 battle, but everything else just felt like a typical episode minus the cool character moments from the T.V. series.

Of course, that is just in my opinion too. :)

bluealien
August 6th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I found Arc of Truth very entertaining and really enjoyed it. It was fast paced and had lots of action. I didn't really mind the Ori as I hadn't really watched much of the latter seasons of SG1.. so they were still a good enemy for me..
So I give it a 9/10

Continuum on the other hand just dragged and practically came to a stand still in the middle... It had some good moments but overall I found it disappointing so..
a 6/10...

mattyg1987
August 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I lent both movies to several people I know who have never seen Stargate before. None of them really liked the Ark Of Truth as they didn't have much of a clue as to what was going on, and got completely lost when the Replicators were introduced. Although they liked the action sequences and the whole supergate and Teal'c on mountains things.

But with Continuum, they liked the whole thing, they could follow the story easy enough and said they found it very entertaining and were surprised it was not out in cinemas.

Continuum works better as a movie and I think it should be classed as the first proper SG-1 standalone movie which could start a Stargate SG-1 movie trilogy maybe.

Ellendil
August 8th, 2008, 01:10 AM
First I must confess I am a great O'Neill fan and the last two seasons of Stargate SG-1 were a bit of disappointment for me. The Ark of Truth looked stitched with white threads to me. Trying to finish two stories with one bullet and the result was less than spectacular. Continuum is much like a standard SG-1 episode, if the PTB wished to make something more serious, they were going to aim at the cinemas, not a direct-to-DVD release. It is not about these "meaning of life" stuff. I find it quite entertaining. I`ve been rewatching episodes of Continuum every day since I got my hands on it - no, I am not getting bored (yet).
So:

Ark of Truth - 4/10
Continuum - 9/10

kmiller1610
August 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Aot: 4/10
Cont: 8/10

If you buy the presupposition, you will like the product.

The Ori were a complete departure from what made Stargate great. The Ori story line was Star Trek Light mixed with Dungeons and Dragons. It was no longer SciFi. The Gate became less important. The enemy was untouchable and impossible to relate to. The Goauld were just like the worst of us. We see their faults. They are the Nazis, the egomaniacs, the guys we loved to make fun of and kill.

Aot: Seen it once. That was enough.

Cont: Seen it 4 times so far. I love what they did with the characters. It was great to see O'Neil actually have some substantive acting to do again. It was a TV movie, not a full theatrical release, but for a 7 million dollar flick, it was very good.

To put these films in context, these are not great Sci-Fi films on an absolute scale, not Blade Runner, not Wrath of Khan or First Contact. They are Stargate add-ons.

Accepting that premise, I loved Continumn. I tolerated Ark of Truth.

Sir Andrew
August 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Cont: 8/10

Ark was a good conclusion.

Continuum was great. It was like a long episode, with a the themes that made the series great.

Cliff Simon should be brought back to play the freed Baal host though. I want to see him in future SG-1 gigs.

Drax
August 9th, 2008, 02:23 AM
The Ark of Truth - 5/10

Continuum - 7/10

I think my grades are pretty fair since AOT had so much potential where it pretty much failed to deliver. The movie was just a checklist of capping off a storyline that was cut short. Continuum on the other hand, was pure entertainment, and while some parts are a little problematic, it's a spectacular adventure.

Neither of these movies measure up to the magic of Emmerich and Devlin's film or the earlier seasons however. Some people are missing RDA and were probably disappointed that he was only in Continuum for a short while, but I don't really care since I liked Ben Browder from the very moment he stepped onto the show, and he was excellent in Continuum.

Joben
August 11th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I never got the Ark of Truth hate on here. I found it to have more of a cinematic atmosphere than Continuum, great sweeping shots, great music, a more epic story. It's just strange that AoT did all that and gets put down for not reaching its 'potential' and yet Continuum gets a free pass when it was a glorified extended episode. I've seen people mention plotholes in AoT, and yet the entire premise of Continuum was one giant obvious plothole followed by a bunch of little ones.

As you can probably tell, I enjoyed Ark of Truth, it was a decent watch. No truly excellent but nothing bad either. Continuum for me was like one of those episodes of SG1 that you couldn't really get into or care about the characters. It was an ok for an episode, but considering how much it rehashed from previous SG1 episodes I really didn't find anything special about it.

Jeff O'Connor
August 12th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Having finally watched these two continuations within the past four nights (and thrice apiece, mind) I'm finally caught up on SG-1 and ready to reply. Though I'll reserve more longwinded monologues for a later date, I'll briefly compare the two for the time being.

Ark of Truth:

Considering I was a huge fan of the change of direction Season 9's 'fresh start' promised, and enjoyed Season 10 as it continued the journey, I've had my fingers crossed for nearly half a year that all the naysayers would be incorrect from my perspective once I finally sat down and witnessed the conclusion.

While I echo certain sentiments as I figured I might well, namely complaints such as the Ori truly being gone for good being a bit of a letdown, and to a lesser extent, a desire to see a battle for Earth which never panned out, I think as a whole this thing was nearly as good as Stargate has ever gotten. The soundtrack was intense (though the tired 'uber-dramatic as line is delivered' approach Stargate has never strayed from was a bit too over-the-top as usual for me). The dialogue was fairly crisp, with such memorable moments as Tealc's speech to Tomin, Adria's and Vala's conversation and practically everything Daniel, Cameron and Landry said the entire movie through.

There was also some excellent, first-rate action to be had, and it takes a lot to impress my girlfriend when it comes to spaceship design, but the chosen angles for the Ori motherships elicited a reaction from her. Speaking of that, the 35mm decision in general was wonderful, and added such depth that, as the commentary points out, can't be achieved through HD without going for the serious, serious gold.

Unfortunately, things were about as rushed as I'd dreaded, but that could still have been a hell of a lot worse. I think the only things that really left a sour taste in my mouth were the immediate pick-up of the story from the first scene with the crew (I like things to develop a bit more thoroughly early on in pieces) and the quickness of the torture scene. (It was well-done, but to be frank, watching Daniel just cave utterly really lended itself to more breaking-down of his spirits than we'd seen. We've seen Daniel go through more in the past, I believe. I can only surmise it was just the culmination of the entire two-year arc that brought him to his knees as such from an emotional perspective - which works. But still.)

My final verdict... for now... 8.7

Continuum:

Ahh, the much-anticipated standalone. I was geared up and ready to go as soon as I heard the premise, and when Sam made mention that it was about to happen for us fans at the tail end of SGA's season premiere a few weeks back, I was thrilled. I finally got the chance to sit down and take it all in three nights ago, and I've watched it every night since -- only once of the remaining two times to show off to my girlfriend.

Yeah, I thought it was cool.

From start to finish, Continuum seemed to me as much of what I've loved about this franchise for so long as the length of two regular episodes could possibly cram up. The script was great, the ensemble a welcome addition, the chemistry between actors at its maximum. The attention to detail was appreciated, the character moments were aplenty, and while Continuum might not have been the finale to a two-year story arc, complete with the last epic journey into the unknown to stop an enemy from another galaxy, it certainly accomplished its very different task successfully for me.

Seeing all the System Lords (well, a good few of them) again was great, even if it was as short-lived as I figured it would end up being. Apophis showing up one more time for us, in another universe again, just to die a minute later, was hilarious. (And the way in which he died, and Ba'al's absolutely classic delivery about it, splendid as ever.) Speaking of the movie's antagonist, Cliff Simon brought his A-game to this performance. And for the other of the two big baddies, Claudia Black was as irreverent as ever for her part, though I must say, she's fit into other attire a bit more admirably in the past. But... that's besides the point. She still looked like the bombshell I've thought amazing for nine ye... anyway.

The soundtrack was great, though it suffered from the same pseudo-complaint I listed for AoT. I realize many others would consider the whole 'big big BOOM' upon dialogue delivery to be classic and an absolute requirement, but I've been spoild by things like BSG, where it's more melodic and not so campy. But hey, that's besides the point; Goldsmith's always done amazingly well, and this was no exception.

Seeing Hammond again, one last time (RIP, Don S. Davis) was a tear-jerker for me. Sure, it was alternate Hammond, but it was Hammond. I mean. It was [I]Hammond. Let it be known that production-wise, in the last ever line from our good general, he spoke that SG-1 would be crossing the North Atlantic. Oh, what faith, alternate Hammond! Thank you. Or something. Er. Well, the point is, it's our last ever spotlight on a terrific actor. Kudos.

I think my favorite part would have to be watching Daniel, Cameron and Sam's adjustments. Every scene here was tremendously well-done, and when the story picked back up with the arrival of the Goa'uld, what a way to kick back up again. Intense in a way that Stargate rarely justifies the word.

Continuum was superb. Other episodes have brought more to the table in various other aspects; there have been more dramatic pieces, more epic pieces, so on, so forth. But altogether, as a whole, all at once, few can stand beside this bugger for overall grandieur.

plastic
August 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
i liked both movies but i like ark of truth more :)

ark of truth 8/10
i love the ori, and the whole storyline but i felt the whole replicator thing took over the movie abit, if they got rid of that and made it abit harder for SG1 to find the ark it would be 10/10 because it seemed to easy for them

continuum 7/10
i liked the storyline but it needed to be longer and abit more exciting i think they where some very good scenes and it was enjoyable to watch so i still enjoyed the movie and they was some very funny scenes also :)

lacka1986
August 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I liked Continuum best. It seemed (to me anyway) more like a separate movie. Ark of Truth was more like long episode to wrap up season 10.

lacka1986
August 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
ark of truth 8/10
i love the ori, and the whole storyline but i felt the whole replicator thing took over the movie abit,

I totally agree! I didn't like the replicater aspect of AoT at all!

Leilina
August 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think that Ark of Truth was a great finale to the Ori thread. I wasn't too thrilled to bring back some replicators, kind of "been there, done that", but even so, it was well done. I don't think AoT could stand alone, as you REALLY need to know all the players, but it was a good wrap up in my opinion.

Continuum: I don't know if there was too much hype, too many supposed spoilers or what, but I felt rather let down when it was finished. I felt like there should have been so much more, but I can't really tell you what. It just felt incomplete, and the fact that it ends with so much "business as usual" with no idea of everything else we saw, just kind of feel anti-climactic. It's like someone else mentioned. "Just kidding folks, it was all a dream"... I don't know, there were just a lot of things that bothered me and had me going "That's It?"

*Sniffle. I WANT MORE!!! LOL!

Constanza
August 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Continuum: I don't know if there was too much hype, too many supposed spoilers or what, but I felt rather let down when it was finished. I felt like there should have been so much more, but I can't really tell you what. It just felt incomplete, and the fact that it ends with so much "business as usual" with no idea of everything else we saw, just kind of feel anti-climactic. It's like someone else mentioned. "Just kidding folks, it was all a dream"... I don't know, there were just a lot of things that bothered me and had me going "That's It?"

Continuum wasn’t available in Mexico until August 8th and I felt exactly the same. I mean… all that time waiting and that’s it? :confused:

welshgater
August 23rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Continuum didn't really need a proper ending because theres going to be another movie, it was a to be continued sort of ending. I thought Ark of Truth was better but i like both movies, i hope the next one rocks.