Transporter technology in Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transporter technology in Stargate

What various types of transporter tech have we seen in Stargate? the once i can remember are:

1: Ancient Type 1 (Rings)
    2: Ancient Type 2 (Atlantis Booths)
    3: Ancient Type 3 (Type used to hide Merlins treasure and move his lab)
    4: Asgard Type1 (Thor's hammer, Beliskner, and so on . Also used as a weapon of terror)
    5: Asgard Type2 (the one commonly used after season2 and on the 303/304s)
    6: Gadmeer Transporter
    7: "Grace" Aliens Transporter
    8: Wraith Beam
    9: Furling Transporter Window
    10: Aschen Transporter
    EDIT: 11: "Martin's People"

Several of these do seem to operate in manners that are very similar.. for example #5 and #7, or #4 and #8 and #6 and #10 (thou with diffrent colors)
    #1 and #2 seem to work in the same way indicating that #2 is just an upgrade of #1 which is logical..

But I also believe that the Asgard created their Transporter tech by studying the Ancient tech.. #5 given the similar transporter action between #1 and #5..
    Its also not impossible that #4 and #8 both derive from a yet unseen Ancient transporter tech (or maybe #3)

But the only Transporter action that seems to be truly Unique is #9 and #11 ..

So there!!
    Last edited by Kebab Gud; 03 July 2008, 12:13 PM.

11 : the one used by Martin's people in s5 "wormhole xtrem"

it seemed to be a beam transporter quite close to the Aschen one.
    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The Ori's ring technology, whilst largely similar to the Goa'uld/Ancient ring technology, has some slight differences.

The Furling Window acted a lot like the Quantum Mirror, didn't it? Possibly they were interconnected somehow? Slightly.

Comment

Actually no.. that was a totally diffrent style.. almost identical to Original Star Trek actually

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        The Ori's ring technology, whilst largely similar to the Goa'uld/Ancient ring technology, has some slight differences.

The Furling Window acted a lot like the Quantum Mirror, didn't it? Possibly they were interconnected somehow? Slightly.
        Ori Rings are the same as Alteran Rings.. just with diffrent markings..
        and the Furling Window sent Jack and Harry to the Moon of that planet..

Comment

The Avalon treasure beaming technology seemed - to me - to actually just be a gold-tinted version of Asgard beams. It's quite possible that Merlin either obtained it from - or developed and then shared it with - the Asgard, as the similarities are too striking to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
            The Avalon treasure beaming technology seemed - to me - to actually just be a gold-tinted version of Asgard beams. It's quite possible that Merlin either obtained it from - or developed and then shared it with - the Asgard, as the similarities are too striking to ignore.
            the Gold tint might just be from the Gold.. but it was missing the Sound..

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
              the Gold tint might just be from the Gold.. but it was missing the Sound..
              I thought the class Trek chiming sound came through quite clearly.

Also, didn't the people from "Prisoners" have some sort of transporter technology?

Comment

Actually no.. that was a totally diffrent style.. almost identical to Original Star Trek actually

Ori Rings are the same as Alteran Rings.. just with diffrent markings..
                and the Furling Window sent Jack and Harry to the Moon of that planet..
                No, the Ori use one less ring than Goa'uld/ Ancient rings.

Also, I meant that it acts as a window to transport, as opposed to beaming them. Not the destination.

Comment

Well it wasn't actually a window.. it was just a "doorway" that when activated became a kinda Transporter pad...

and the Ori use both 5 and 6 rings.. while the Alteran have 5 rings ...
                  the only difference is the Ori rings a smoother and have markings on them ..

Originally posted by PotluckoftheGods View Post
                  I thought the class Trek chiming sound came through quite clearly.

Also, didn't the people from "Prisoners" have some sort of transporter technology?
                  I have never heard any Trek sound on Stargate
                  and yes they had some kind of Transporter.. but we never saw what kind...

Comment

Well it wasn't actually a window.. it was just a "doorway" that when activated became a kinda Transporter pad...

and the Ori use both 5 and 6 rings.. while the Alteran have 5 rings ...
                    the only difference is the Ori rings a smoother and have markings on them ..

Still slightly similar; more similar than the other beaming tech seen on Stargate.

6 rings is a difference, if only slightly, as I said.

Comment

yet I can't remember ever seeing a 6 ring transporter.. (the one in "Origin" had 5..)
                      but its still the same tech.. developed by the Alterans before the left their home galaxy...
                      (PS: the movie had 8 rings)

Comment

The stargate is a transporter. It converts you to energy then sends you through a wormhole. then the other gate converts you back into a living being transporter

Comment

hes right. besides:

4 categories of transporters exist:

1: object and platform based
                          2: platform based
                          3: object based
                          4: objectless and platformless.

1: rings, Furling Transporter Window
                          2: ancient "lifts", aschen transporter
                          3: stargate, obelisk, asgard type 1, Wraith Beam [object is dart]
                          4: asgard type 2, gadmeer transporter, grace transporter

please telll me which one are these:

11: "Martin's People"

"objects" are clearly visible things providing the transport. you are transported within range of it. Obelisk: you have to be standing somewhere around it as it is engaged

"platforms" are stationary places transporting you/ where you need to stand to be transported. the transporting only works there, and standing within range of the object wont help. aschen transporter: you need to stand on a platform

Combi are rings: object tied to a platform

"free ones" are asgard transporters. it relies on sensors only, no platform, as anywhere within range is sufficient, and no object, as there's no object to stand in range with.
                          stargate is defined as an object only, simply as you have to step through it, while theres no platform. furling one however is both, as the thing cant be rolled aside or so.

O+P. rings. rings are objects, only works on a platform.

1: Ancient Type 1 (Rings) [O+P]
                          2: Ancient Type 2 (Atlantis Booths)[P]
                          3: Ancient Type 3 (Type used to hide Merlins treasure and move his lab) [O]
                          4: Asgard Type1 (Thor's hammer, Beliskner, and so on)[O]
                          5: Asgard Type2 (the one commonly used after season2 and on the 303/304s)[N]
                          6: Gadmeer Transporter [N]
                          7: "Grace" Aliens Transporter [N]
                          8: Wraith Beam [O]
                          9: Furling Transporter Window [O+P]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            Aschen : platform based

Martin's people : it seemed to me that they had a remote control. so I would say Object based.
                            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

but the remote coulve been like our taggers. anyway, im happy with it.

anything else?

Comment

Working...
                              X