Blu ray release of Continumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu ray release of Continumn

Why on earth would they release this wonderful movie on Blu ray. Blu ray is the worst format out their . LOADING LOADING LOADING !!!!! Booting Booting . come on this is bull just only realease it on dvd and save us the hassle on all the crap blu ray gives us . or put it on the dead format hd dvd and save about 5$ a disc on production and have superior sound and picture with no wait times and booting times.

While i agree that BR is inferior to HD-DVD, its all we have left in terms of HD. I dont really see your problem though there will be a DVD, buy that. Ill get the BR because i like HiDef.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffsupersaiyan View Post
      Why on earth would they release this wonderful movie on Blu ray. Blu ray is the worst format out their . LOADING LOADING LOADING !!!!! Booting Booting . come on this is bull just only realease it on dvd and save us the hassle on all the crap blu ray gives us . or put it on the dead format hd dvd and save about 5$ a disc on production and have superior sound and picture with no wait times and booting times.
      No one is forcing you to buy it.

Comment

Don't be an idiot.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
          Don't be an idiot.
          I agree! IDIOT! Blu Ray IS better quality than HD DVD. Uncompressed sound, higher resolution, more space for those special extra features...

Comment

Clearly someone who doesn't understand image resolution, the difference between x264 and MPEG2, and the fact that "issues" with BluRay are caused by the player, not the format.

Comment

Does it matter? HD-DVD isn't a format you can buy players new very easily for anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dannster View Post
                I agree! IDIOT! Blu Ray IS better quality than HD DVD. Uncompressed sound, higher resolution, more space for those special extra features...
                More importantly, it certainly (and obviously) is better than regular DVD. The fact that someone is actually trying to argue otherwise is just... wow.

Comment

I'd advise staying off the unprescribed drugs mate.

Comment

i have not seen one blu ray disc have any audio of 7.1 coding.

Comment

i have not seen one blu ray disc have any audio of 7.1 coding.
                      Who said anything about 7.1 audio? Man, seriously. Lay off the drugs. Then maybe you'll be able to follow a rational discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by dannster View Post
                        More space for extra features and more audio formats true, but blu-ray and hd-dvd have EQUAL video resolution and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by rovex View Post
                          While i agree that BR is inferior to HD-DVD, its all we have left in terms of HD. I dont really see your problem though there will be a DVD, buy that. Ill get the BR because i like HiDef.
                          Although I did support hd-dvd first, I am currently behind blu-ray now and was damn happy to see continuum as the first and hopefully far from last (besides the original feature film) that will be released in hi-def.

Comment

My god there is obviously something wrong with you.

Bluray is way better than dvd, you should be happy that continuum gets released on it.
                            I can't wait to see it in high def.

And I must tell you that I have never experienced the loading, booting thing you are speaking about so I think you should shut up

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                              More space for extra features and more audio formats true, but blu-ray and hd-dvd have EQUAL video resolution and quality.
                              Equal video resolution yes, but Blu-Ray can theoretically store higher quality video because it allows for a higher bitrate. Doubt most people would be able to see a difference, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X