X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cameo of Science (da da daaa!)

Bill Nye's coming!

Bill Nye The Science Guy Comes To Atlantis:

Picardo was very excited for the cameo role of his friend and TV scientist, Bill Nye the science guy. On Atlantis he will also be playing a scientist that visits the crew looking for something important. That sounds like the alien race mentioned before, fingers crossed for Bill Nye in Alien prosthetics.
    http://io9.com/5021267/stargate-atal...ens-and-cameos

This is so ****ing awesome. I mean, he's like...GOD, to those of us in the science geek community. GOD, I SAY!

I can't wait!!

Oh, and he is an actor too. Just so you know.

But will he be driving that car covered in live grass?

?

Comment

It's Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!!!

*starts singing*
      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Never heard of him

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Never heard of him
          Bill Nye
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Bill Nye's coming!

This is so ****ing awesome. I mean, he's like...GOD, to those of us in the science geek community. GOD, I SAY!

I can't wait!!

Here Here!!!

I used to watch him when I was a kid all the time.

Comment

<deep voice>Science ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules!

Comment

Really? No fooling! HAHA!

You know, I originally watched Stargate because it was on right before Bill Nye the Science Guy... full circle eh?

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

LOVE Bill Nye! I used to watch that show all the freaking time!

"Inertia is a property of matter..." That line sticks in my head all.the.time!

I'm so sad that they don't show it on TV anymore. At least they don't here in Canada. It used to be on TVO, but I haven't seen it in years. What about the states?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                    LOVE Bill Nye! I used to watch that show all the freaking time!

"Inertia is a property of matter..." That line sticks in my head all.the.time!

I'm so sad that they don't show it on TV anymore. At least they don't here in Canada. It used to be on TVO, but I haven't seen it in years. What about the states?
                    well... he stopped doing the show a decade ago now... however, his Wikipedia article says he's hosting a program on Planet Green, so... guess he's still keeping busy

Ohoh! Since we're all nerds here... whose do you all like better ... Bill Nye or Neil deGrasse Tyson? GO!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                    Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

That's tough.

Hmmm...nope, gotta go with Bill Nye on this. He pretty much started my facination with science anyway. Tyson's awesome too, and the fact that he appeared on The Colbert Report 5 times now, with every time resulting in him blowing Stephen's mind...that's gotta count for something.

And yeah, Bill's been busy. He had another show, The Eyes of Nye, for a while. Then there was that 100 Greatest Discoveries documentary series, which was VERY nice.

Note to self: watch Nova ScienceNow, like...NOW.

Comment

But what about repeats? They couldn't keep it alive through repeats?

You know, I haven't seen the 100 Greatest Discoveries series? Was that on Discovery?

I can't choose between the two. Honestly.

Nye will always hold a special place in my heart because he got me into science as a kid and made it fun and exciting like no one else could.

Tyson continues to fascinate me as an adult with his writings and lectures and magnificent works. "Death by Blackhole" I loved along with his appearance on the Daily Show. And his "My Favourite Universe" lecture series was phenomenal too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Bill Nye's coming!

I can't wait!!

I loved him as a kid. I wonder if this is the guy that is Mckay's rival?
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Bonus for anyone who stuck with us through the whole interview: Robert mentioned that in an upcoming episode, a very good friend of his will be making an appearance. So be on the lookout for none other than Bill Nye The Science Guy.
                            http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/200...g-with-ro.html

Comment

This sounds really cool but if the next guest star is Barney I'm turning anti.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X