X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StarGate: Continuum Review

My review of StarGate: Continuum is here:

http://www.jeffsreviews.com/Articles...uum%20pg1.html

Great film making in the traditional StarGate: SG1 style of the first seasons with veteran actors and crew for a fantastic film.

Are there spoilers?
    Last edited by jenks; 30 June 2008, 10:24 AM.

Comment

How have people seen this? I know Darren and David were invited to a theatrical screening during their annual pilgrimage to the set but what about everyone else?
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Are there spoilers?
        I just read it and although there arn't that many spoilers beyond anything we have already heard, if you really don't want to know too much in advance I would avoid this review.
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

It's (almost) spoilerfree. Hmmm... The more I read about the movie, the more I want to see it
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Nice review. I so can't wait to see this movie.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hmmm, reading that I've now found one more thing to add to my list of things I probably won't like about Continuum.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments and I did try to not give anything away and spoil the surprises but it is really hard not to give at least some.

And to answer the question of how I got a press release copy of the movie to review, I asked. I am a freelance writer publishing on Associated Content as well as my own website so am considered press, therefore I received a copy through the marketing company that is handling their press. I have just started wokring on reviewing movies but have been reviewing computer products, games and consumer electronics for over a year now.

It is a great movie and in my opinion their best work to date.

Comment

Really good movie, loved the whole thing.
                  Hope to see more stargate movies in the future.
                  "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Originally posted by Lheurch
                    I just watched it and it was pretty good

Spoiler:
                    It was weird for them to say Ra served Baal in this timeline but not show him at all even though they showed the other system lords that were mentioned
                    They did, and if you didnt see him then i suggest you watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                      They did, and if you didnt see him then i suggest you watch again.
                      I am putting this in spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
                      I was wondering if the guy on the far left (looking at them) was him, but I did not see the eye insignia on him or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lheurch View Post
                        I am putting this in spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
                        I was wondering if the guy on the far left (looking at them) was him, but I did not see the eye insignia on him or anything.
                        why would he have needed the insignia, and if it isnt him you can check, at the titles you can see the guy playing ra.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                          why would he have needed the insignia, and if it isnt him you can check, at the titles you can see the guy playing ra.
                          true enough, thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Overall I liked it and enjoyed it more then the first one but I had a few problems with it, aside from Vala/Qetesh being in it...
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't think the System Lords were used properly in the story at all. They didn't really contribute anything to the plot at all, they were just a walk on to make it look good and nothing more. And Apophis, the first, the best and most bad-ass bad guy and system lord of them all, to be reduced to a minor part of him on he's knees get his head sliced. I didn't like that at all, not one bit

Second, i'm sure they were going to get around to explaining how Ba'al made or got his hands on a time machine, I guess they just forgot about that part.

Also i think it would've been better if Mitchell was the one that got stabbed by Ba'al and died and it was O' Neill that went back in time with Carter and Daniel. Because again just like Apophis and the other System Lords, O' Neills presences in the plot was just a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by Apep View Post
                              Overall I liked it and enjoyed it more then the first one but I had a few problems with it, aside from Vala/Qetesh being in it...
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't think the System Lords were used properly in the story at all. They didn't really contribute anything to the plot at all, they were just a walk on to make it look good and nothing more. And Apophis, the first, the best and most bad-ass bad guy and system lord of them all, to be reduced to a minor part of him on he's knees get his head sliced. I didn't like that at all, not one bit

Second, i'm sure they were going to get around to explaining how Ba'al made or got his hands on a time machine, I guess they just forgot about that part.

Also i think it would've been better if Mitchell was the one that got stabbed by Ba'al and died and it was O' Neill that went back in time with Carter and Daniel. Because again just like Apophis and the other System Lords, O' Neills presences in the plot was just a walk on.
                              It wasnt a time machine, basicaly it was just an advanced telescope or something, because the time traveling was done with the gate, it was the solar flare and the wrmhole that made time travel possible for baal.

Comment

Working...
                              X