No announcement yet.

Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor didnt change and nothing to do with parallel worlds. We were so wrong

A very good episode. I feel very sorry for the Doctor now that he's lost everybody and he's on his own.

I wonder of the Master will make a return.
    Last edited by GodAtum; 05 July 2008, 11:50 AM.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
      The one in the other parallel world (or Pete's World as it should be called ) is only part Timelord, and it seems he is mostly human hence the one heart and the ageing.
      But hes still part Time Lord so he is a Time Lord Kindof

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        To be honest I LOVED the episode, but I still feel let down - and I'm not sure why.
        Same. I think it was the fact that despite all the hype there really was no extreme peril. There wasn't that one moment where you believed any of them would die. Saying that... It was a fantastic episode. The bit I enjoyed most being Donna's noble sacrifice.* It's ... really quite horrific. I've always enjoyed bitter-sweet endings. I think that was one of the most potent.

*Someone on here said that weeks ago (Shadowmaat seems to springs to mind but don't quote me on it) and they are, quite frankly, awesome for predicting that. *hat-tipping action*

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          But hes still part Time Lord so he is a Time Lord Kindof
          I guess its a grey area, the only part of him thats TimeLord is his memories other than that he's pretty much human.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Minor quibble with the plot, while I think - if the Daleks had detonated the reality bomb and made themselves the only race in existence... where would they have gone? There would have been no planets, nothing!!
          I wonder that, the daleks live to exterminate everything that isn't Dalek with nothing else in the Universe what would they have done with their time

Comment

WOW THAT WAS BRILLIANT!!

First off Mamid - neither side. She gets it in a sort of timelord accident. You will have to watch and see!

I'm sure that after repeated viewing I'll be able to pick this apart, but what amazing pacing. It just took my breath away. And it was so lovely having everyone there. Mickey is back in our universe, yay!! He just gets hotter with each episode - maybe there's a Torchwood future? Hee hee I loved that line 'that's enough hugging'.

Three doctors!! They need to have given a bit more Doctor2 and Rose time though, to have set that up better because that's the one area I had to suspend my disbelief. There's just no way that Rose would have chosen Doctor2 over Doctor1 just on the basis of what happened on the beach, however I accept that within the confines of the TV show they couldn't do it any other way, so I'll just mentally fill in that gap for them

And after all the amazing events that happened the one thing I kept thinking after the episode was finished was:

The Daleks speaking German! How freakin cool is that!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
              The Daleks speaking German! How freakin cool is that!
              I know! That one thing alone makes the entire episode awesome! I was still chortling and clapping my hands over that half an hour later!

And Freema's German pronunciation wasn't too bad either (in the episode anyway, if you watched Doctor Who Confidential, it was pretty awful in the initial script read-through! )
              sigpic

Comment

Actually I was dissapointed with the episode unfortunately

First and foremost I hate what they did with Donna.
                I disliked Donna when she first appeared in doctor who but over the course of the season she's grown to being the best of all the companions in the new show. In one episode they ruin that, from giving her a personality transplant so she wasn't herself anymore (it became Catherine Tate playing Doctor Who) to erasing all the very good character development she's had.
                And how exactly was she the most important woman in creation?

Other than that there was a alot of sloppy writing, especially in resolving the cliff hanger (time bubble defense in Torchwood?, Mickey just hapening to jump next to Sarah Jane?), Sarah Jane's Warp stone was also very hastly introduced.

The Ostehagen key was a big let down from the suspensful build up last week.

I won't touch the rose doctor disasterwith a ten foot pole.
                sigpic

Comment

I saved my 9000th posting for this special occasion

Where to start? With all the speculation here during the week

The Doctor regerating into himself - Correct
                  Two Identical Doctors - Correct
                  Donna being a timelord - Correct-ish
                  Donna dying - Correct-ish
                  Rose and the Doctor living happily ever after - Correct-ish

This was miles better than last year's finale, although I did get a little Deja Vu when Martha landed in Germany, carrying a backpack and dressed in Black. German speaking Daleks I said to my Mum, "That's not something you see every day, Dalek's speaking German".

Catherine Tate has been brilliant throughout this series and I'm really sorry that she's not in it anymore but boy did she make this episode worth watching and Bernard Cribbens has be fantastic too, I really hope we see Wilf again in the future.

What a twist in Khan seeing the distruction of the Daleks and setting up everything just so it would happen.

I could really have done without all that 'Love Story' stuff in Norway and the kiss, thank God Rose is finally gone and she's finally got her Doctor and RTD has gone so we get no more of this shipping tripe.

It's great to see Mickey back in our universe after the death of his beloved Gran, who wants to bet him and Martha replace Tosh and Owen in Torchwood, or better still he joins Sarah-Jane in her adventures, after all "Smith's stick together"

And it's finally on record that Gwyneth and Gwen are related.

What was with all the shot's of Donna's ring? will that and The Master's ring play a big part in the Specials for next year?

Is it me or
                  Spoiler:
                  Was that Fraiser Hines in the Christmas Trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                    Actually I was dissapointed with the episode unfortunately

First and foremost I hate what they did with Donna.
                    I disliked Donna when she first appeared in doctor who but over the course of the season she's grown to being the best of all the companions in the new show. In one episode they ruin that, from giving her a personality transplant so she wasn't herself anymore (it became Catherine Tate playing Doctor Who) to erasing all the very good character development she's had.
                    And how exactly was she the most important woman in creation?

Other than that there was a alot of sloppy writing, especially in resolving the cliff hanger (time bubble defense in Torchwood?, Mickey just hapening to jump next to Sarah Jane?), Sarah Jane's Warp stone was also very hastly introduced.

The Ostehagen key was a big let down from the suspensful build up last week.

I won't touch the rose doctor disasterwith a ten foot pole.
                    Agree with pretty much everything there. Still enjoyed it, but I felt the whole episode revolved around ridiculous (for Who!!) plot contrivances. Osterhagen was tame and pathetic, could have been much better; since when does Torchwood have time technology?; and what a terrible, awful, unforgivable ending for Donna! Inexcusable! Best companion ever, though a little loud and, well, Catherine Tate-y every so often, and they do THAT to her? C'mon - Astrid got a better send off!! Better for her to retain the knowledge and spend her last few days, weeks, months or whatever loving what she did and passing it on to her family.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

An awesome finale (with the exception of the craptacular Bad Wolf Bay scene).

David Tennant, Catherine Tate and Bernard Cribbins put in exceptional performances.

Donna’s fate was really heartbreaking - probably worse than if she had actually died, in a way… And I loved it. Brilliant.

Davros - Julian Bleach was great again, by the way - talking about what the Doctor does to his companions was really poignant.

Slightly disappointed we never got any more on the “arrangement” between Davros and the Supreme Dalek…

Considering that Catherine Tate never realised there were people inside the Sontarans, I’m amazed she managed to spout out all that technobabble!

Random ‘squee’ moments:
                      German Daleks! “Exterminieren!”
                      “I can’t tell you what I’m thinking right now…”
                      The Gwen/The Unquiet Dead reference.
                      K9!
                      Donna pushing Sarah away to hug Jack! And the “No, really, you can hug me” line at the start… Actually, that’s it - I’m a Donna/Jack shipper.

I’m pretending the whole Bad Wolf Bay scene never happened (except for the Doctor/Jackie exchange, that was nice). It was just… bleurgh.

But then the brilliance of those last scenes… David Tennant and Bernard Cribbins were just amazing. Fantastic. Brilliant. They almost had me going… God, I hope the Moff finds some way of bringing Wilf back for an episode.
                      Last edited by Naonak; 05 July 2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        And it's finally on record that Gwyneth and Gwen are related.

What was with all the shot's of Donna's ring? will that and The Master's ring play a big part in the Specials for next year?
                        Who's Gwyneth? I really hope the Master's ring makes an appearance.
                        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                          Who's Gwyneth? I really hope the Master's ring makes an appearance.
                          The character Eve Myles (who plays Gwen) originally played in the Season 1 episode The Unquiet Dead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Who's Gwyneth?
                            The psychic girl from The Unquiet Dead (the Dickens episode), who was played by Eve Myles.

EDIT: Dammit, Ali!

Comment

Oh OK! Thanks

I do wish the Osterhagen key was something slightly more ingenious instead of just some nukes. They built it up too much I think.

Comment

Oh OK! Thanks

I do wish the Osterhagen key was something slightly more ingenious instead of just some nukes. They built it up too much I think.
                                I think the build up was justified by the result of the Osterhagen key, effectively destroying the entire planet, not actually what it was.

I'd give this episode 10/10, coupled with last weeks makes incredible viewing. I know many people won't be happy about this but imo stargate needs to take a page out of Doctor Who's book on how to do season finales, it's literally mind blowingly good.

Comment

Working...
                                X